Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razgriz said:
So that's what the deafening thunder I hear is...

Also, I unfolded your entire old torso and then pep froze up so I couldn't save it. I was angry... Very, very angry.... So I guess I'll wait for you new torso. No rush though, I can wait! I need to get some mroe bondo! I bought the smallest can with no extra hardener to make sure it was the right stuff!
hahaha, yea. wow that realy sucks!!! well, is better to be sure then sorry. :)

Razgriz said:
Yeah, I also misread it when you posted it. I thought, "Wait, did I mistype it?" So I read it again and realized I didn't mistype it. Yeah, I like to kid around online. Go check the Xbox.com boards in the Battlestation: Midway section. My GT is Dremora Warlord. I have fun with the guys over there.

But anyways back on topic before we get banned or the mods shut down the topic for off-topicness. :)
grrrr, i ban you for conversation!!!! blarg!!! :p dont worry about it. i realy dont mind the topic wandering.

DoC ByTeS said:
Hope all is going good FS, haven't heard from ya in a few days.
yea, work has been NUTS!!!!! and not the nice squirrely kind!!! oddly enough i have been able to find time to play on xbl :whistle:

(bdw, when you guna tell em? :lol: )

-----------------
just so you know, ive figured out how to fix/finish the torso, i just havnt gotten around to it. :/ im off work today ( :lol: ) so ill have plenty of time to work on it in the next few days.

bdw, i am on xbl but my connection is super slow so if i do meet you on there ill probibly lag your game. sorry. (mainly aimed at you robo, i tryed to accept the invite but it kept timing out when i accepted).
then again it doesnt affect my game too much:- 3 vs 5. CTF on valhalla. WE KICKED THEIR ASS!! (thatll learn em to under estimate a smaller team:lol: )
(oh, and i LOVE online sniping!!!!!)

ok, anyway, ill work on the torso tomorow if i dont get a chance today in work. :) wont be long. i prommise. oh and after i do finish it im guna take a lil break from the digital 3d and do some physical 3d. (but in my spare-spare time im guna be doin the MRK V helmit in the halo ce style[anyone else not like the new one too much?]).

any problems, gimme a shout.

FS

oh and ill be getting to all those who PMd me over the christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just did tell them, hehehe I have I new topic (With more pics).....

<div align="center"><div align='center'>
</div></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoC ByTeS @ Dec 21 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just did tell them, hehehe I have I new topic (With more pics).....

<div align="center"><div align='center'>
</div></div></div>
hahaha, kewl. speaking of good news. torso up tomorow!!! happy christmas!!

flying_squirl said:
hahaha, kewl. speaking of good news. torso up tomorow!!! happy christmas!!
Ooh! I've been working on unfolding your aborted HD torso pdo file for the last two days and I got stuck on those details on the back that look like flaps, not to mention connecting some of the adjoining pieces (finished the abs part, though :lol: .) I was thinking of starting over but I think I'll wait for yours instead.

TORSO IS NOW UP!!!
(again)​
heres a link: http://www.4shared.com/file/32797124/f1b13..._chest_pdo.html

its also on the first page.

now, yes there are some funny open edges but thats cuz i had to put in the support flaps. but dont worry, they wont cause any construction or unfolding issues and you can just put a bits paper over em when its done if your worried about em. :D

if theres any mistakes or issues with it lemme know.

FS
----------------

Ral Partha said:
Ooh! I've been working on unfolding your aborted HD torso pdo file for the last two days and I got stuck on those details on the back that look like flaps, not to mention connecting some of the adjoining pieces (finished the abs part, though :lol: .) I was thinking of starting over but I think I'll wait for yours instead.
aww, sorry. if you have the abs part unfolded then thatll save some time. :)

flying_squirl said:
aww, sorry. if you have the abs part unfolded then thatll save some time. :)
Nah, it's cool. I was going to start from scratch on the chest part anyway. BTW, this one looks cleaner than the other one. Nice work!

sweet. the torso looks awesome. cant wait to see what your going to do next

edit: i just went to unfold the torso and it looked as if some of the pieces overlapped themselves. is that right?

zeco249 said:
Yeah! 3rd one who downloaded it. :). Thank you verry verry much. Now i can go to bed and sleep well.
hahaha. no problem. sleep well.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Thanks Squirrly ;D Bummer bout the game last night, dunno why it kept bootin ya :( We'll keep tryin though :D
no prob. oh, i think i figured it out today, were you playing the newer maps? i had to make a new profile to get onto xbl n i lost all my gamer points so i gota get em all egain before i can buy the new maps. :( oh well.

NZ-TK said:
Nice model!
thanks! :D

Ral Partha said:
Nah, it's cool. I was going to start from scratch on the chest part anyway. BTW, this one looks cleaner than the other one. Nice work!
yea, i think i removed some edges not to mention the crazyness on the front of the chest.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Dumb question time... for the torso, do we follow the same scale ratio for the helmet?
nope, not a dumb question, the thing is.... i dont know. sorry. i started editing it a while back and at a number of times during it i enlarged the scale and didnt keep note of how much(this was before i full finished the helmet and got my head around the scaling dealy-ness. im afraid your guna havta do it by measurements but not to fear, theres a low poly tester on the way. ;)

bigdrock44 said:
sweet. the torso looks awesome. cant wait to see what your going to do next

edit: i just went to unfold the torso and it looked as if some of the pieces overlapped themselves. is that right?
hmmm, i just checked it there, im not sure what ur talking about. do you mean the support struts inside the model and the way they kinda cut into the rest of the model leaving a gap(for want of a better discription)?

well i click on the link and download the torso. i open the file and click "unfold" on the top. then the pieces are all unfolded but i notice some that look like they have a couple of flaps that are crossing themselves. i'll go take a better look.

bigdrock44 said:
well i click on the link and download the torso. i open the file and click "unfold" on the top. then the pieces are all unfolded but i notice some that look like they have a couple of flaps that are crossing themselves. i'll go take a better look.
I don't know how familiar you are with Pepakura Designer but unfolding a pattern is more involved than just clicking the"Unfold" button. Plus you need to adjust the width of the flaps separately.

flying_squirl said:
ooohhhh, do you mean the tabs? are the overlapping parts white while the rest is kinda gray/blue?

ya i think it is the flaps now that i look at it. here is a picture of what i was talking about>

93778067yz3.jpg

yup, there the tabs. theres a tab ajustment button were you can set them all to a reasonable size. (i tend to use between 5mm and 3mm)

EDIT:i gtg. my bed is calling. its 3.30am here.

flying_squirl said:
yup, there the tabs. theres a tab ajustment button were you can set them all to a reasonable size. (i tend to use between 5mm and 3mm)

oh, ok good. thanks for the help. i figured out what i was doing wrong. i was adjusting the flaps and then scaling, which scaled the flaps as well. i needed to scale, and then adjust the flaps.

also, is there a tester model of the torso, because the only tester i could find was for the helmet.

flying_squirl said:

Thanks agian, your model always keep me up to about that time for months. :tutu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back