Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I have to glass a couple more parts now on the backpack but it is coing along nice. The parts that are glassed and foamed are super strong. I was going around the house telling my family to punch it. My sister and mom just tapped it slightly. When I got my brother he punched it with all that he had. It didn't even dent! I was so happy! This thing can definately take a paintball. :lol:

Also, I can wait for your models. It's worth it! I'll just make my brother his suit as I wait.

wow thanks a lot for this. Are you going to be posting a version without the support struts and with the visor?

Motive8 said:
well i now consider you a GOD not the god but a GOD
KEWL! *tries to part soup* ..... damn :lol:

Razgriz said:
Yep. I have to glass a couple more parts now on the backpack but it is coing along nice. The parts that are glassed and foamed are super strong. I was going around the house telling my family to punch it. My sister and mom just tapped it slightly. When I got my brother he punched it with all that he had. It didn't even dent! I was so happy! This thing can definately take a paintball. :lol:

Also, I can wait for your models. It's worth it! I'll just make my brother his suit as I wait.
kewl!!! is it increadibly warm with the foam? take a paint ball eh? hmmmm, could be interesting. *imagines seeing sparting comming around corner during paint ball game* AAAHH!!! RUUNNN!!!! FEET DONT FAIL ME NOW!!! :lol:

dsurge said:
wow thanks a lot for this. Are you going to be posting a version without the support struts and with the visor?
no problim. i dunno, i kinda wanna work on the physical model for a bit but i think the normal h3 visor fits it(if not, its very close!!)

bdw, you dont have to print out the struts if you dont want, just move them off the plans (top left is the handiest) and they wont print.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks man can you post the link or point me in the right direction for the halo 3 beta mjolnir files or w/e thanks very much

-Rout

the new model looks sick, can't wait to build it just as soon as i finish up the sylfo model (I'm planning on making both) see how they both compare to each other once sanded and painted.

Thanks for the model, hope you think the final turn out as good as your render.

*I hide my pictures sir, But I do not hide them from you sir. lol

Can't wait for the rest of the suit to come.

Right now, there's so many helmets from so many makers, I can't decide what to make anymore.

Flying_Squirl, you dont know how much of a pain in the ass this was to make. Anyways lol.... Im all done adding a layer of resin on it and Im getting ready to glass it the glassing might come tomorow. I might just add another layer of resin.

SPARTAN405 said:
Flying_Squirl, you dont know how much of a pain in the ass this was to make. Anyways lol.... Im all done adding a layer of resin on it and Im getting ready to glass it the glassing might come tomorow. I might just add another layer of resin.

I bet it was alot easier than Slyfos!

I hope to try yours next flyig_squirl!

i like the fact that the top jaw and back pieces are labeled so i can cut out only 2-3 pages out at a time and not have to look through all the pieces to find the one i need.

TheCalciumKid said:
i like the fact that the top jaw and back pieces are labeled so i can cut out only 2-3 pages out at a time and not have to look through all the pieces to find the one i need.

Yeah, that really does help, because now it looks more organized, and not a bunch of cut out, funny lookin' pieces of cardstock.

It's only funny when your parents walk into the room and think "what the heck is this guy doing, some ritual thingy or something?"

Ti-el_Terall said:
I bet it was alot easier than Slyfos!

I hope to try yours next flyig_squirl!

I dont know how slyfo's is and Im not intending on finding out. This was a nightmare as it is and making another helmet would officially open the doors for carpal tunnel syndrome.

BTW no offense slyfo but this helmet really took alot out of me and since I am almost finished with it I dont think ill start on a new helmet.

SPARTAN405 said:
I dont know how slyfo's is and Im not intending on finding out. This was a nightmare as it is and making another helmet would officially open the doors for carpal tunnel syndrome.

BTW no offense slyfo but this helmet really took alot out of me and since I am almost finished with it I dont think ill start on a new helmet.

Was it really that bad? I ended up making three, and the last one was the easiest when in reality it was the hardest (first 2 were basic halo 2 and 3rd was slyfos).

No, Im talking about flying_squirls high detail model. Slyfos is less detailed and has less polygons. If you open up flying_squirls model in pep, you will see what I am talking about. The halo 2 models by jedi fraz are pretty darn easy, slyfos as well, but squirls helmet took 12+ hours to just score, cut, fold and glue. The original H2 models took me about 4 hours to make, and Im pretty sure Slyfos is somewhere in between.

SPARTAN405 said:
No, Im talking about flying_squirls high detail model. Slyfos is less detailed and has less polygons. If you open up flying_squirls model in pep, you will see what I am talking about. The halo 2 models by jedi fraz are pretty darn easy, slyfos as well, but squirls helmet took 12+ hours to just score, cut, fold and glue. The original H2 models took me about 4 hours to make, and Im pretty sure Slyfos is somewhere in between.
i guess its just preference, but i think squirls' is easier because it's more organized and doesn't have so much small pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back