HALO 3 Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEH I know the guy in the picture!..Mr Wannabe Himself...

Aye i have worn/own multicam before..Did the whole FFW Ghost Recon thing for Airsoft International Magazine...

Multicam does look good...Just worried that we wouldn't get recognized as UNSC marines Just another Bunch of "GRAW Whores" though i do get your Interplanetry reasoning...and i like it...

Multicam is just as cheap as any decent BDU's...just have to do some searching..
Try here first...

Ebaybanned

And here..

OPSGEAR

S

ShArK said:
HEH I know the guy in the picture!..Mr Wannabe Himself...

Aye i have worn/own multicam before..Did the whole FFW Ghost Recon thing for Airsoft International Magazine...

Multicam does look good...Just worried that we wouldn't get recognized as UNSC marines Just another Bunch of "GRAW Whores" though i do get your Interplanetry reasoning...and i like it...

Multicam is just as cheap as any decent BDU's...just have to do some searching..
Try here first...

Ebaybanned

And here..

OPSGEAR

S

I was hoping that emblazoning the gear with the UNSC emblem and stenciling UNSC on the stuff would help with the recognition. As would being accompanied by a bunch of guys in Mjolnir armor. :D But that is a good point. Gotta make sure we actually get recognized, otherwise this whole discussion is academic. I've looked at several camouflage patterns but I haven't found something I really liked. The DPM-type patterns may hold some promise. BTW, I get the idea behind "GRAW Whores", but the exact meaning eludes me. What exactly is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Id quite happily wear Multicam with UNSCDF Markings all over it.. Infact on the Under amour top i think a big UNSCDF eagle would look the nuts!

Is anyone making proper patches? im thinking for arms ect..

A GRAW Whore...Person who Loves Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior so much they spend 100's of Dollars on everything in theyr loadout being Multicam... The prime example being Mr Wannabe..

Theres no bad dig behind it thats one of the terms used in the UK...You get your ACU lovers and Tactical Ninjas (people that wear black) and so on..its a term to describe the group of "Softers" that primarily use one type of gear.

As for a DPM pattern...Try this..

Safrarflage...Same brush stroke pattern as DPM...yet similar colors to Multicam

safariflageimsnt3.jpg

Almost like the UK's oldschool 4 color DPM...(we ended up selling that to the Iraqi's just before the first Gulf Crusade and hence forth 2 color DPM was born)

that helmet is just to cool did you just make it out f the pep? or some other stuff? looks great keep it up

blood x brothers marine helmet its cool! also i have the same helmet as you shark your first pic exp mine is in black and its cevalar right? but ya i have alot of army junk also cause the army rocks lol :D

My TC2002 is made by JUST...Its a replica and a perfect replica.can only get them from a company over here now...If they still have em..

I do agree on blood x brothers helm...does look dam good

indeed ya my helmet like yours i got from a friend and i think he got his from like alberta or somewhere in canada ya i like to colect lots of army junk. is the helmet that you hav that looks like mine is that cevalar? im pretty shure it is and also isnt it like a tactical helmet kinda like what the swat uses? o_O

117...all my helm's are Plastic apart from the last helmet with the goggles that a real Kevlar PASGT made to look like a Black Hawk Down film helmet..
yeah the TC2002 is used by Special Forces and maybe Swat... I dont know much about Swat...Although I know they use the one below it..the TC2000..In black..

Been doing some research, linkgathering, etc.. I've noticed that to fit under their chest and arm armor, the marines' BDU tops need to be pretty close-fitting... and most BDU tops fit like jackets.

Would something like this be a better choice? http://www.workinggear.com/gc/catalog/Roth...778-cat624.html

I'm thinking with a slight dark dye, and gauntlets covering the wrists, and armor everywhere.. it won't matter. Opinions?

Vrogy said:
Been doing some research, linkgathering, etc.. I've noticed that to fit under their chest and arm armor, the marines' BDU tops need to be pretty close-fitting... and most BDU tops fit like jackets.

Would something like this be a better choice? http://www.workinggear.com/gc/catalog/Roth...778-cat624.html

I'm thinking with a slight dark dye, and gauntlets covering the wrists, and armor everywhere.. it won't matter. Opinions?

Well, the fit can be loose or tight, depending on personal preference. Most people (civilians) buy BDU tops too large. Modern military soldiers wear their body armor over BDU tops, so it can be done. For a modern perspective, check out this combat shirt by Crye Precision:
combat1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That last shirt looks pretty good. It looks pretty similar to what Weta used. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it though.

You mean this pic?

updatetwinsuh6.jpg

Theyr not to hard to make...Any good seamstress should be able to put one together for you...

All we need is the decided camo and then a colour of coolmax under-armour top and they should be able to marry the 2 together.

A BDU is definitely the way to go..

Ah, so we just franken up a BDU top. That makes things easy.

When we eventually get into doing this stuff, we should really document it all and get it as close as possible to the game marines, so we can have clear guidelines for future costumers..

The only thing thats stopping me getting the uniform ready is cash flow!.. And our final decided BDU pattern...

Once thats all ready il be Getting the items needed to make up the basics...Like the BDU, Belts, Leg panels..I already have the In-game boots..

i think that the second under armour would look cool but i would use the woodland bdu or some fadded marpad

3 pages over just the camo pattern?

I think Army Digital Camos are perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back