HALO 3 PEPAKURA By Slyfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick question about the MK VI helm, Slyfo:

The hard lines, like at fold #564 and 565, do you cut that and stay away from the dotted line?

A newb question, I know, but this'll be my first try at a helmet anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
chiefer said:
Slyfo,Are you going to do the halo 3 mark 5 model if you have it?

As I've stated numerous times in this thread, I am doing EVERY human permuation. EVERY elite permutation. And the Single player stuff too, brute rank armor, grunt methane mask, jackal helmet/shield, etc

deadbeatriot said:
what would you use for the eyepieces in the EOD permutation?

i was thinking maybe buy a pair of cheap sunglasses, but i dunno if they'd be the right size or whatever.

I'm making the EOD now, I was thinking sunglasses too. Once it's done I'll put up a list of recommended visors for it.

I'm new to this forum & have been browsing for a week - I have to say that you guys do a spectacular job on the peps as well as the finished costume.

My first attempt at a pep helmet using ordinary paper was too small - it could probably fit a dog's head. I abandoned that halfway & got Dannifood4less helmet files which I have to say was a perfect fit as I'm also 5'11" tall. Once done, I noticed that there were others posting pics of their pep work & it seems that my newly completed pep helm didnt quite have those details.
While I just thought of adding those details in once we bondo the helmet, I deliberated if i should just start again with a new helmet file that would incorporate more details - atleast, it'll save me the guesswork in measuring those missing details plus bondo work time may be a lot shorter.

Finding Slyfo's files was a big help - not only was his files more detailed, but his default measurement is about the same size as my Dannifood4less helmet. While I labored another 8 hours on completing a new pep helmet, I was pleasantly surprised to have both helmets side by side and the fit of both is the same as well. Althou, I would have to say that Slyfo's files did have more folds/parts compared to the Dannifood4less file - not just on the new details, but overall it seems.

While I do agree that the helmet file on the tutorial stickies is basically a mock-up of a MC helm which end users can just modify to their delight, I was wondering if we could include other member's files inside the tutorial so atleast the newbies can pick the version they want?
My apologies if the above isnt a good idea.

Anyway, I went ahead with fiberglassing the inside of the helmet in preparation for the bondo/details next week. Hopefully, it turns out great as we plan to mold it in fiberglass.
While I was having my worker ( I have a small fiberglassing shop) work on that helmet - i went ahead in printing/building the pep torso armor. Just some questions:

1. How is the torso body armor worn? Would it be cut in 2 pieces - if so, what is the method of attachment?
2. any 360 degrees reference pics of the MC torso armor? Once we fiberglass the inside of the torso, I plan to detail it.

TIA

BTW- here's some progress pics of both the MC helmet & body/torso armor:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?use...album_id=224186

Mardon (MLC)

thats because my helmet is a custom re-make of the halo 2 helmet that was being used before, i added some of the details that were missing, i always try to keep the build as simple as possible, while adding as much detail as possible. the models from sylfo are the halo 3 ripped files, so yes, those models are alot more detailed.

Please wait!!!

Slyfo is doing all the hard work for you all, aquiring the models, making sure they are all alright, putting them into pep then making sure that the .pdo's are all nice and neat for everyone else to use.

Please be patient. I have nothing but great respect for Slyfo and hate it when people keep nagging for things that someone is doing in their spare time.

Why are people so eager to rush things? Because YOU want them, forgetting all the work that has been put into them.

I know that earlier on in the thread i too was asking about the new helmet but this is when i realised how much work has been put into these files.

Please all be patient. If you are so desperate for these files go and make them yourself.

Admin \ Mods : you may remove this post if it does not conform to the board rules but please advise where I went wrong.

Anyone Else : Please PM me any comments abusive or not and keep them from this thread.

Thank You

madjon said:
Please wait!!!

Slyfo is doing all the hard work for you all, aquiring the models, making sure they are all alright, putting them into pep then making sure that the .pdo's are all nice and neat for everyone else to use.

Please be patient. I have nothing but great respect for Slyfo and hate it when people keep nagging for things that someone is doing in their spare time.

Why are people so eager to rush things? Because YOU want them, forgetting all the work that has been put into them.

I know that earlier on in the thread i too was asking about the new helmet but this is when i realised how much work has been put into these files.

Please all be patient. If you are so desperate for these files go and make them yourself.
Admin \ Mods : you may remove this post if it does not conform to the board rules but please advise where I went wrong.

Anyone Else : Please PM me any comments abusive or not and keep them from this thread.

Thank You

*Applauds*

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just DL the rar, and it really does look good

thanks much for your work on this slyfo!

I do have a question tho, if I was interested in being able to extract objects from halo 3, or any of the other games for that matter, where would be the right place to start? is there a tutorial or forum that deals with manipulating the game models?

I know were here for armor, and I want to be able to contribute also.

anyhow thanks for the PDO's

=Jubal=

madjon said:
Please wait!!!

Thank You

ok well yea i guess your right but first off i was'nt being naggy i just wanted an estimate, some guy told him to hurry up Thats naggy. i just wanted to know like his progress and when he'd thought it would be done

I'm sure they will be ready when they are ready.

He has mentioned that he will be doing everything so why ask for a perticular thing when it will all be made int he long run?

I just don't see the point!

I'm sure that Slyfo knows that he is doing, and remember "All good things come to those who wait".

Jubal said:
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just DL the rar, and it really does look good

thanks much for your work on this slyfo!

I do have a question tho, if I was interested in being able to extract objects from halo 3, or any of the other games for that matter, where would be the right place to start? is there a tutorial or forum that deals with manipulating the game models?

I know were here for armor, and I want to be able to contribute also.

anyhow thanks for the PDO's

=Jubal=

Hi Jubal.

Someone pointed me in the direction of www.halomods.com. I'm currently looking through their myself but am a little unsure of what to do as there are a few non-armour items that i would like to get my hands on.

dead-spartan said:
do the vehicles to. my favroite is the fuel rod waith

oh and madjon dont double post.

Do you know how many pages of cardstock that would take?!

Yeah, vehicles are out of the question. Heh. Any updates?

I would like to see:
Spike Grenade
Spiker
Mark V helm
ODST helm
Elite perms
Recon/ Scout helm (whichever you can get in the game. when you get the used car salesman achievement)

papamurf812 said:
Yeah, vehicles are out of the question. Heh. Any updates?

I would like to see:
Spike Grenade
Spiker
Mark V helm
ODST helm
Elite perms
Recon/ Scout helm (whichever you can get in the game. when you get the used car salesman achievement)

I'll try to knock out a spike grenade before the night is over. Stay tuned for updates.

Dude, do you think you could PM me a list of a tentative order for the next few pieces you're working on?

I just kind of want to know where the H3 Mk V and Marathon are sitting on your priority list so I can organize my projects for the rest of the year.

Heh, if you have a list like that devised, I'd love to see it too! You can PM me or just post it in here. I'm really excited for all of the stuff that we're getting. It's like Christmas, but every week!

Sigma-LS said:
Dude, do you think you could PM me a list of a tentative order for the next few pieces you're working on?

I just kind of want to know where the H3 Mk V and Marathon are sitting on your priority list so I can organize my projects for the rest of the year.

No real list, I have the stuff I'm working on, and then the stuff I want to do. After I finish what I'm doing, I kinda randomly pick whatever I wanna do next...

Mk V and Marathon (and the rest of the helms) are really high on my priority list. Up there with the marine/ODST/pilot armor. However, I don't have the models in a workable format yet. I'm still working on getting a working rip/format. Long process, sorry. I'm still mainly stuck to beta models for now still. That should change SHORTLY though :D!

What I'm working on RIGHT now though, is Spike grenade (delayed due to..technical..difficulties...((...i lost the file..i know roughly where it is, but im too busy to spend the 5 minutes to find it right now)...
AND the spiker. The spiker is gonna take a while since I basically have to remodel almost the entire thing, while keeping it perfectly true to bungie's model...Along with some other projects you'll see when they're released!

EDIT-I actually DO have a little to-do list, now that I think about it. Coming within the next week or so-
EOD chestplate
EVA chestplate
RECON chestplate
EVA shoulders
RECON shoulders
(gonna round out the perms I have now with complete sets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back