Halo 3 Security Marathon helmet WIP(pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why thanks guys. I has been difficult to keep the shape. As always perfect symmetry is a pain, but that is always fixed by a lot of time and care. I have put a TON of time into it lately. More than I should in this heat :D But whats a guy gonna do? Tomorrow I hope to apply the chin piece(more bondo woohoo).

You are dangerously close to having a real security helmet!

Can't wait to see how you'll make the visor!

Got some detailing done today. Put some primer down, and did yet some more sanding. Still some detail work to do and under the visor area. Hopefully tomorrow I can put a few hours into it.

God damn, that is some beautiful work right there!

Ofcourse you're gonna mold it, but are you willing to maybe let one go aswell?

This is looking really impressive! Top notch smoothing and details. I've always had a thing for the security helmet, probably a holdover from when I actually used to play Marathon... awesome work! (And I'll probably end up buying a cast of this if you decide to make a few...)

Well Getting super close now. Just a few very minor touch ups to do. After hours and hours of work, here are the fruits of my labor. Now one to mold this thing.

y bother with cleaning up with the visor?you just cut out the visor and throw it away anyway.

no reason to make trash look good.
trash being the visor.

I agree with alex, give the visor a quick coat of bondo,spot putty, whetever you're using, and a little sanding, and it'll look near perfect!!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back