Halo 3 Security Marathon helmet WIP(pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow looks awesome what did you use too sculpt ? cuz ive tryed scratch building with a few things ... lol i didnt work well at all

wow looks awesome what did you use too sculpt ? cuz ive tryed scratch building with a few things ... lol i didnt work well at all

I started with the top of an airsoft helmet and molded the visor I'm using. And cut poster board to the shape I thought was close to it. Then tons of time getting it just right.

At first I was gonna say that I don't need to smooth the visor(beacuse it wiull just be cut out). But you have a good point, in that some might just get one for display, not helmet. But mine will be fan cooled and vented(super awesome). So I am fir sure going to have a helmet for myself :D Gonna wear it to the Reach release. I need to make the shoulders next.

OMG that is one sweet looking helmet, you do incredible work. I so can't wait to see it done.

I'm not sure yet Kory. But yesterday I smoothed the visor part. I'm going to mold just as soon as my silicone arrives(I ran out last month).

Very nice helmet dude :D. I'll tell you what i'd do for the visor? i'd cut about 3/4 away from the edge of the visor platform, heat form your bikey helmet and rivet it in, and do 2 layer for the effect. soory if you don't get it, but i wanted to keep it brief.

Good idea. But the problem with that is that the only different layers on the visor, are just tiny ones close to the edge. Unless I have extra visor after I trim it down, it isn't worth the extra money for the spare visor(to me anyways). It would look good though!

You sir, absolutly deserve to be in the elite section! This helmet is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!! =O
Alongside that comment, I have a question..... How do you get your lines and details to be so sharp and clean and what do you use to make the indented details?

Check out my thread in the noob forum "10 things that you may or may not want to know about bondo". Thank you, and enjoy sir. :)

Here is a pic of the smooth visor(thanks for the idea) and prepped for molding. This is also a couple shots of the shoulder armor being started.

This is an amazing piece of work, especially since it is a scratch build. I do have a question though since I prefer scratch over pep. How did you make the base (the gray part in your first pics) of your helmet to which you bondoed? I know you mentioned foam. Did you just carve a base shape out of foam to which you applied bondo?

This is an amazing piece of work, especially since it is a scratch build. I do have a question though since I prefer scratch over pep. How did you make the base (the gray part in your first pics) of your helmet to which you bondoed? I know you mentioned foam. Did you just carve a base shape out of foam to which you applied bondo?

Thank you first of all. But i just used a top of an airsoft helmet(the black part) for the back of the top. and the gray thing you see is a temp cast of the visor i will be using. I didnt want to build the helmet on the real visor, it would mess it up. I don't know where I mention foam :p

Haha yeah you didn't. It was posterboard. My B I read your other thread and read through your explanations of how you do your builds, but it wouldn't let me edit my post. Nice AoT masks btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back