Halo 3 Sound Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok people, I'm making a compilation of Halo 3 sound effects. They are not being ripped from the game, but rather are being recorded and then edited (editing out ambient noise). Right now I have all the weapons (and reloads) recorded and am working on editing them. What other sound effects would you all would like to have?

Link: ftp://96.230.229.162/

I'd say a grenade, but I'd check with the other forumers here, as I don't know if it's legal to record it from the game or illegal.

Someone will come up with the right awnser.

Yeah, but still, I would wait for some of the mods to come in or some of the long-standing forumers to come on before you continue. Just pre-cautionary.

I would be interested in the multiplayer voices (slayer, killing spree, etc). I've been recording from in game too and those have been the toughest for me to separate out.

I really have been looking for halo 3 sounds in this manner. I hope you release them when all are collected.

Equipment? (especially bubble shield, possibly the best sound in the game)

Death screams. lol.

Ok here are some of them (its incomplete so far) LINK REMOVED TO CHANGE IT TO FTP INSTEAD OF HTTP TRANSFER Tell me what you think (such as if I'm doing ok with capturing and cleaning them up and what not).

These are the ones i'll post for now, if a mod or anyone else finds that it is not ok for such a thing to be posted, I ask that they edit this post to remove the URL

Edit: As I said above go through my FTP..... ftp://96.230.229.162/ (tryin out all my new toys, plus this gives me the ability to much easier see how many times it's been downloaded and by who if I notice a download while it's being downloade)

Last edited by a moderator:
those are really good, but some of the sounds are a little cut off at the end, try leaving a little more space after the sound plays.

Yea I realize some of them are cut off on the end. It's mostly on the sounds that have a "Slow" shot such as the rocket launchers and brute shot, and I think the beam rifle as well. I was trying to get rid of the echo or traveling sound of it. I may go thru later and try a little bit harder on those ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back