Halo 3 version ODST/ original character.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah man it was not rude lol i do know what u mean i would love to weather it a bit more but i have not done to much of that so im a rookie at that so i stay away from that but i may once done go out in the sand and mud to give it the been there look. and for the shin yes the paint is a gloss which pisses me ff. but for that color i cant find a matte but i did spray a matte clear coat on it. and u can use anything u want from it. thats what we are all here for sharing our tips.and if i was a basic grunt then i would have damaged it more but being the team leader i decided to tone it down a bit. right now im doin the clips to hold the core closed since the Velcro was just for the dry run...

This build is looking great! The parts look awesome and you did a great job on the helmet.

Are you planning on adding the same ODST shoulders as in the reference pic above? If so, are you planning on using the white/red stripes? Because I have that template as a pdo for when I will paint my shoulders if anyone would like it.

Also, I've been working on and off with the Halo 3 gauntlets like the ones in the pic. I finally decided to get back to those, I don't know when I'll have them finished though.
yes im using your file for the shoulders and paint job most likly that style to the gauntlets im using are urs that you have already released

hey man nice work! its great to see other ODSTs amidst all the reach builds. ur helmet looks absolutely superb construction and paint job are well done. keep up the good work.

the helmet and chest look very professionally done. though i do have one problem sorry for my complaint :( . i just dont like how the lines on the helmet is done i feel like it could be done better and look x100 better. heres the lines im talking about. (at top of picture)

ODST2_hype.jpg

well np on ur inputs lol. but i was goin off the game footage and the pic u posted is the weta so thats y it looks alot different. if u notice alot of things are different from weta to halo 3 or odst. but thanks anyways....

of coarse i will keep every1 posted lol. im not going to drop this now. um just decided to stop for the day i could have had a little more done but just wanted to watch a movie lol.... um what else is there well i guess im not sure im blank so keep the comments coming and if u have any ideas let me know

thanks man i will keep it up since i thia is what i have been wanting to build for a little while nnow....

Very nice looking! Love of the helmet. I start my resining for my first ODST project tomorrow so I'm seeing how others do with theirs. Question: where did you find the template for the foam chest? I'm thinking that might be preferable (read: more in line with budget) to the pep version.

Very nice looking! Love of the helmet. I start my resining for my first ODST project tomorrow so I'm seeing how others do with theirs. Question: where did you find the template for the foam chest? I'm thinking that might be preferable (read: more in line with budget) to the pep version.
well i used hugh's file for the chest core. and i went with foam cuz its lighter and more comfy. and thaks man....

yeah i guess i work quick lol. right now im glassig the chest armor(chest,and all equipment plates) but work have me working crazy hours right now so its hard to do anything. and soon will be working 1000-2200 alot so yeah bang brig.....

Wow, how long have you been working on this? It seems like this has been done extremely fast! It looks really nice so far. Is the helmet painted like that, or did it have paint chips haha ;)

Wow, how long have you been working on this? It seems like this has been done extremely fast! It looks really nice so far. Is the helmet painted like that, or did it have paint chips haha ;)

well dont worry everyone im not goin to drop this at all.... and yes i kinda do work fast but i also have a wife that is super fast a pepping so while im at work she peps for me some time.... it has taking me about 2 months or so to build this all the helm did take about 4 months but that was cuz i am in the navy and went out to sea for a onth then went to Texas for school for another month and then went home for xmas for 2 weeks so yeah all in all 2 months of work to get to where im at now.....and thank you all for loving this im having fun. and the paint job i did it to have the chips in it... and well while me and the wife are having a Resident Evil movie marathon tonight i decided to pep the belt so here it is.......
16533649697874847652149.jpg

16893049697874347652149.jpg

i'm gonna make a fool of myself and ask where the dload is for that core part in the pep files.
i've got 2/3 of my upper armor made (though my helmet needs a remake :p i totally ruined that.. looks like a mid school art project from clay i botched the bondo so bad) but can't find that one piece! i know i downloaded it before, but its long since MIA somehow and i can no longer find it for some reason.
I was about to scrap one of my Paintball tac vests for the project (tight fit, covered with velcrw for attachments, would make a decent piece to tie it all together, but terribly innacurate)

idiocy aside, i LOVE where this is going! its pretty much how i was seeing my build when i began, but that core piece and game based parts are/were hard to come by for ODST troops.
now if the winter would make way so i could resin stuff some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back