Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished printing and painting mine!

Attachments

• 20190801_204450.jpg
    20190801_204450.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 975
  • 20190801_204444.jpg
    20190801_204444.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 970
Love the work, it truly is amazing! I’m concerned about the helmet size, how much room would you think is appropriate. I printed the first few layers to see and am not sure if I should shrink more, or print this. Any recommendations anyone?

Love the work, it truly is amazing! I’m concerned about the helmet size, how much room would you think is appropriate. I printed the first few layers to see and am not sure if I should shrink more, or print this. Any recommendations anyone?
Well, based on pictures, I scaled it to 78% and looks close to size in the references. Not sure if it's the right size, but... works for me, at least it should.

Last edited:
Well, based on pictures, I scaled it to 78% and looks close to size in the references. Not sure if it's the right size, but... works for me, at least it should.
Awesome, I did some measurements and figured I’d waste some plastic and see how large 92% would be for a model for decoration and see the fit with that. It’s way too big, obviously, but want it to not be rough putting on or off with scratching head. I’m terrified to scale every piece.. 160lb and 6 ft far from a typical “spartan” build

Hey do u have Instagram or WhatsApp, i have few questions abut this model and i think it would be easier to communicate over social media

Awesome, I did some measurements and figured I’d waste some plastic and see how large 92% would be for a model for decoration and see the fit with that. It’s way too big, obviously, but want it to not be rough putting on or off with scratching head. I’m terrified to scale every piece.. 160lb and 6 ft far from a typical “spartan” build
Fun fact. 92% is huge, and 78% is too small. For someone whom fits in a large motorcycle helmet, 84% seems to be the correct helmet scale. Armorsmith Designed has saved me so much plastic. Worth the $30.

Fun fact. 92% is huge, and 78% is too small. For someone whom fits in a large motorcycle helmet, 84% seems to be the correct helmet scale. Armorsmith Designed has saved me so much plastic. Worth the $30.
Yeah... I messed up with scaling, 78% is definitely too small. Now i printed first 2 pieces with 86% and should be good.

Curious about scaling for shin & thigh. Not sure how far I want it to go down. Any suggestions? I have armor smith, but from other peoples photos their thigh isn't sitting as high as I thought it would.

What’s your height? Curious I am printing 90% and will see!

I'm 185,4cm (6'1") without suit / 193cm (6'4") in suit. 90% should be fine. At first I was also suprised that thigh pieces are too low but,

deit.jpg their top is exactly where this lowest part of cod piece ends,.

Last edited:
Something to keep in mind is that thighs also tend to hang low or slide depending on how the strapping is. It is also sometimes more comfortable to wear it a little low, so it may not necessarily be scaling

Something to keep in mind is that thighs also tend to hang low or slide depending on how the strapping is. It is also sometimes more comfortable to wear it a little low, so it may not necessarily be scaling
How are people making up for spacing and to provide comfort? After painting whats the ideal padding? EVA foam? I guess what I'm saying is what keeps each piece in place, and also keeps them from moving. Been planning my best plan of attack for these issues.

How are people making up for spacing and to provide comfort? After painting whats the ideal padding? EVA foam? I guess what I'm saying is what keeps each piece in place, and also keeps them from moving. Been planning my best plan of attack for these issues.
I would try and use some sort of strapping like a harness or fabric sewn to your armor to hold it up and maybe a combination of snaps. You can also run it up to your shoulders like overalls if you want, or attatch it to your chestpeice. I used velcro wich worked ok, but wasnt ideal in positioning for me. I have heard alot of people love that stuff but I didnt prefer it. My armor is also probably considerably lighter because of material. For padding I love the memory foam bed matress covers/tops, but I have found thighs dont generally need alot of padding. Just enough to buffer the armor from your leg.

I would try and use some sort of strapping like a harness or fabric sewn to your armor to hold it up and maybe a combination of snaps. You can also run it up to your shoulders like overalls if you want, or attatch it to your chestpeice. I used velcro wich worked ok, but wasnt ideal in positioning for me. I have heard alot of people love that stuff but I didnt prefer it. My armor is also probably considerably lighter because of material. For padding I love the memory foam bed matress covers/tops, but I have found thighs dont generally need alot of padding. Just enough to buffer the armor from your leg.
Appreciate it. I am trying to finish the entire left side first, and figure out how I want to attach everything. I figured the shoulders will be attached to each other with just enough strapping to keep them in place and move, but the legs confused me. I like the overalls idea, but will have to wait for my 2nd printer to get up and running so I can get this done quicker. I'm 182 cm and on the lighter side of 160 lb or 72.5 kg so sizing has been weird.

Suggestions for under suit? See motorcross suggestions, but trying to find something slightly tighter as I don't want anything too "baggy".
pull a Spidermonkey60 buy a morph suit with the face open. and use thin Foam for it. Then use e6000 and saran wrap to attach it to the suit. You have to make the undersuit yourself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back