Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started printing the helmet, hopefully I scaled it Correctly and turns out well. 3 days for first piece. :eek:
I saw a video about scaling in which the person would make a cross section of the piece, lets say at the forehead area or at the bridge of the nose, about 1/4 inch high. With this, he can make sure the helmet would fit. Then he would print the whole helmet, so not to waste all the filament on a helmet that was off. Just an fyi since you are hoping you scaled it correctly.

Having just bought my 3d printer after wanting one since they came out, I can't wait to use your files. My boys and I are itching to have accurate suits for comipalooza next year in April. Thanks to you and others who have passionately put in the time to help make this possible.

Is it really worth printing in fine quality or is coarse acceptable as touch ups will be needed anyway? Saving some time is nice too.
Um...it's all about preference. I, personally, like to print at about 0.15mm (150 microns depending on your slicer) to save a little bit of time spent sanding. Truth be told, even with 0.15mm, you're still going to sand that part for about 4-5 hours. At 0.15mm, you're also going to be getting more detail out of your prints. The other bonus to higher-resolution prints is that you can start a long print before you go to work or something, and when you get home from an 8-hour work day, your print will be waiting for you. BUT...If you start a print before you leave and the print fails while you are gone, you could be looking at a lot of time wasted.

With 0.3mm resolution, prints will be pretty fast, but it will take quite a while longer to sand to get a nice result.

So ask yourself: "Do I want the machine to do the work, or do I want to do the work?"

You will still be sanding either way, but there will be a substantial difference in the work you will be putting in.

When you think about it like that, you will probably find it a little bit easier to choose.

So here is a little holiday update for you all. It's a little late, have been really busy with work, school and life... But anyway, in November I finished this beauty :D I'm really happy with how this helmet turned out. Now there is just the rest of the armor left to finish... so much sanding...

Hope you all enjoy and happy christmas to you all!

20171221_221046.jpg

20171221_221027.jpg

20171221_221058.jpg

20171221_221113.jpg

Wow this turned out amazing. If the rest of the armor turns out like this, it’ll easily one of the best I’ve ever seen on here. Now your visor did you vacuum form that yourself or was it purchased? It fits way too well to be purchased and if you did it yourself I’m curious what you did to chrome it?

Wow this turned out amazing. If the rest of the armor turns out like this, it’ll easily one of the best I’ve ever seen on here. Now your visor did you vacuum form that yourself or was it purchased? It fits way too well to be purchased and if you did it yourself I’m curious what you did to chrome it?

Thanks ;) that visor is taken from that cheap licensed helmet, i was lucky that it fit my sized helmet perfectly :D

Nice to look at. I have only seen a few pieces with that level of detail. With the files for the undersuit you might be able to produce one of the most accurate costumes out there.

I'm finally done printing!
View attachment 248433

Now comes the hard task of sanding it all...

I also need some help with two things.

First can anybody tell me someone that makes master chief visors (optimaly in europe)?

Second i need help determening the colors for the halo 5 version of the armor and find the closest matching color in the line up of montana spray-cans.
I like the colors i have on the 3d render of the new helmet and might try to find those colors.

Thanks in andvance for any help on these two matters.

I will probably make a video on how I connect my parts togheter in the week to come.

Here are some of the colors i have picked out of images from different sources. From renders of the suit, form game textures, from others paint use on their helmets
View attachment 248434

Amazing work man. I see you posted the files and even some sliced for easier printing. But I don't seem to be able to find the STL files you ACTUALLY used to print. Have you posted this? I tried combing through the pages here to see if you had or said you were not going to. I understand that the model is scaled to fit you at 180 cm. I am 169 cm and have a 8x8x10 printing bed so im sure if you were to post the files i would be able to print them once i scaled them down 8%. Again, amazing work and thanks for sharing.

Welp think I found my future project. Good lord the work on these is incredible

Amazing work man. I see you posted the files and even some sliced for easier printing. But I don't seem to be able to find the STL files you ACTUALLY used to print. Have you posted this? I tried combing through the pages here to see if you had or said you were not going to. I understand that the model is scaled to fit you at 180 cm. I am 169 cm and have a 8x8x10 printing bed so im sure if you were to post the files i would be able to print them once i scaled them down 8%. Again, amazing work and thanks for sharing.

I have not posted the cut stl files I have used and have deleted most of them sorry. They where mostly v1 files and they where messy, the v2 files are way better and are the ones out here now.

First, this project you have provided is down right awesome dude! I have always wanted a master chief costume. Now I can 3d print mine!

So for my question. Being new to cosplay creation for myself and looking at these pieces I must ask, How do you secure them? For example I'm doing my test run on a single forearm piece so I can see how this is going to work out. For it, I know I will need to size it a bit, however are you just letting it friction fit on your arm? or are you securing it with some inner foam, magnets, something else? I'm curious how it would be worn. This will give me an idea on how to deal with the rest.

Thanks.

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but is the helmet to scale with the rest of the suit? As in roughly meant to fit someone slightly over 6 foot tall? I printed the arm piece and it looked fine. But the helmet almost looks like a bobblehead scale by comparison. Are most people able to print it at 100% and it fit fine? Looking at it, I think 85-90% might be better.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the dumb question, but is the helmet to scale with the rest of the suit? As in roughly meant to fit someone slightly over 6 foot tall? I printed the arm piece and it looked fine. But the helmet almost looks like a bobblehead scale by comparison. Are most people able to print it at 100% and it fit fine? Looking at it, I think 85-90% might be better.

In order for the armor pieces to be accurately fit to your particular person, many of us would recommend picking up Armorsmith Designer. It allows you to design a virtual mannequin of yourself, import all of the armor pieces and scale them to each part of your body individually, then export those components for use in a slicer of your choice. Unfortunately, it's difficult for a modeler to create a truly universal helmet for everyone, without it inevitably having the "bobble-head" appearance on someone. I hope that helps!!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back