Halo 4 and Universe action figure first looks ! (Pictures in thread!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hey all!

McFarlane JUST released pictures of some new Halo figures coming out this year , including the HALO 4 Master Chief !

Here is a link -
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/02/12/McFarlane-Toys-at-Toy-Fair-2012.aspx

Pictures -

image.axd

image.axd

image.axd

You can see several more in the link .

So what do you guys think?? Discuss

- Jacob

I'm really not liking that armor...

Maybe because its a toy, it just looks more odd than it should. And even though i see a couple elements i like I'm just very underwhelmed and disappointed in it. It really does not feel like a Halo spartan, its more anime styled and more overly complicated than all the previous spartan designs. Its like something i would see on DeviantArt that a fan created, of course it would be cool, but i would never pick it for a Halo game.

Its a good thing Halo is first person and not 3rd, and I hope to heck we have custom armor in Halo 4 still, maybe it will help, even if its like putting lipstick on a pig. That's right, i said it. I tried to let it grow on me but i just don't see that happening. :angry

That's just my own personal opinion, i hope others like it though. I wont blame anyone for hating me, even i would kick my butt for what i just said.

Maybe because its a toy, it just looks more odd than it should. And even though i see a couple elements i like I'm just very underwhelmed and disappointed in it. It really does not feel like a Halo spartan, its more anime styled and more overly complicated than all the previous spartan designs. Its like something i would see on DeviantArt that a fan created, of course it would be cool, but i would never pick it for a Halo game.

Its a good thing Halo is first person and not 3rd, and I hope to heck we have custom armor in Halo 4 still, maybe it will help, even if its like putting lipstick on a pig. That's right, i said it. I tried to let it grow on me but i just don't see that happening. :angry

That's just my own personal opinion, i hope others like it though. I wont blame anyone for hating me, even i would kick my butt for what i just said.

I kind of agree with the design of the Halo 4 Chief. It could have been better...oh well, let's see what 343i does with it. maybe it will change our views about the armor...

I agree completely. Mark VI was suppose to be the most advanced, and at that point they had the backpack, which had the reactor for power in it, down to an extremely small panel, and over all, the armor was more sleek. Now the armor looks over stylized, especially compared to the previous two suits. I think 343 is trying to be to flashy. We can only hope that it looks better in game.

On a side note, I can not wait to get my hands on that drop pod, that thing is beautiful. Plus, I still don't have an H3: ODST figure, I know Dutch was already re-released, but I want either Mickey, Buck or the Rookie, I'll probably end up getting Dutch, too.

Concerning the armor -

I have come to like it over the past few months . I hated it at first . I guess we will see once we get a look at the game itself . I remember when Reach was announced , people didn't like the MK V armor and now its fine in most everyone's eye's .

I am super excited for the drop pod as well! I can totally see a display going on with that thing!

The shoulders stick out too far for me and I agree with the needing of the cod piece, other than that it's not too bad. The helmet is the best part about it to me.

Man, I have no more room for any more new figures. Mine are full of Reach figures! I'm in love with that ODST Drop Pod, I feel like I'd pick up more than one of those :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back