Halo 4 E3 News/ Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! I'm definitely gonna buy a limited edition of Halo 4, if there is going to be limited edition.. Haha.. I'm so excited xD

I don't think we are on a shield world exactly... I think it might actualy be a Forerunner prisson of sorts

Awesome! I'm definitely gonna buy a limited edition of Halo 4, if there is going to be limited edition.. Haha.. I'm so excited xD

There will be a Limited Edition:

Halo 4: Limited edition

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-51612.aspx
image.axd

Halo Bulletin said:
Halo 4 Limited Edition

Available for preorder today, the Halo 4 Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your Halo multiplayer career.

The Halo 4 Limited Edition will be available at the estimated retail price of $99.99 and includes:

• War Games Map Pack Access

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

• Specializations

Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.

• UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.

• Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition

The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also includes in-fiction bonus content that expands the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, special featurette Bringing Gaming into Reality, and a behind the scenes look at the making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

Right about now you may be wondering, “If all those things come with the Limited Edition, what are they going to put in the Legendary Edition?” Here is the answer to that question: There will be two options available at retail for Halo 4 - the regular version of the game and the aforementioned Limited Edition. We decided to focus our efforts on a single special edition instead of numerous ones so you wouldn’t have to pick and choose between what ancillary items you want. Now your primary choice is whether or not you just want the game, or the game along with all the goodies. And we’re hoping we made that decision an easy one for you…

Hey man , they announced the limited edition on May 16th . Go and check out this halo bulletin that details it-

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-51612.aspx

I don't think we are on a shield world exactly... I think it might actualy be a Forerunner prisson of sorts

I'm thinking that as well. Maybe the Covenant or something repeats the whole "accidentally release the flood" scenario .

That makes some logical sense

"I'm thinking that as well. Maybe the Covenant or something repeats the whole "accidentally release the flood" scenario ."

Forerunner/Flood War 2.0.5....Yikes

well I hope limited edition is not only available in pre-order.. I'm not really fond of online shopping, I don't have my own credit card or whatever, also my dad wont let me buy online..

They did it.. they actually did it. 343 made a 10 year old franchise new, yet familiar. Fascinating!

Questions are answered, questions are raised. On the premise of the demo alone the story arc looks promising.

p.s. The demo looks like it takes place way after MC lands on Requiem, because Cortana sees the red ball (Evil Otto, I calls it) and says "I think I know where he's going" in a very familiar tone. pps. if these are Prometheans they moved away from what G.Bear described them as, but the hostility toward humans makes sense. Cortana looks like she went full retard, but that's okay, I like totally crazy bitches yelling in my ear/skull.:Actually it looks like she's corporeal in that screenshot above, which makes it doubly scary.

EXCITEMENT LEVEL 99 achieved!
Edit: enemy Confirmed as Prometheans. Which would make them a Forerunner caste. Good gravy! we're fighting Forerunner now? Legendary is gonna break many hearts!

Here is my what you could say semi educated guess. As in halo one guilty spark says and i loosely quote, "why are you wearing such inadequite armour to combat the flood. You should upgrade your suit to a version twelve" im thinking this. In the big climatic battle for the forerunners their elite guard turned on the others. Saw them all as a threat and wiped them out before sealing themselves up. What small pocket of forerunner was left spread different species out, possibly the sanghelli and san shyumm and humanity. However if i recall correctly humanity are the only i guess direct decendants from the forerunner, hence being able to activate halo. My guess is the promethians will see this as a failure to erradicate the floods food source. Hence a new war. Thats just my guess anyway. The game looks like its got potential, but ive seen one to many reboots fall short of the mark to be to optimistic. I can imagine cortana betraying us, but coming back in the end and sacrificing herself for the chief as he so often does for her. I love the idea of her rampancy happening. But i just hope 343 do not kill this great game

Now that I see how the Forerunner weapon work, it just seems to me that the way they assemble by themselves, there should or might be a weapon feature where it can switch modes between Assault, Shotgun, and Sniper.

And the enemies look interesting I thought the skull thing was a bit much but it's an interesting break from the blue-green-purple scheme from previous titles.

And I was wary of Cortana's new look but it fits that whole Crazy Roommate behavior that she's exhibiting now :p

I'm so excited for this :)

I look the UNSC infinity, it really does fit with the next gen ship thing that the UNSC was starting to do in Glassland

Man when that "skull" thing teleported to retreat, I got chills. I do love that Forerunner rifle though. Nice to see working Forerunner tech other than AIs and background machinery.

As for the guy who said that Prometheans/Precursors were the enemies, you got a link?

EDIT: Never mind, I found where it said they are Prometheans.
http://halo.xbox.com/halo4#!an-epic-universe/characters/8c164b48-05e7-4c13-a268-f60ec3a72938

Gotta say I am a little disappointed that is what the new enemy is. But that game play sure makes me feel better about fighting them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back