Halo 5 Spartan Helljumper (Buck) - Pepakura/Paper Build

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Gralt, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Distemper

Distemper

Excellent work man.

PerniciousDuke likes this.
  2. Gralt

Gralt Member

Sorry about the absence. Been working on newer layout for the chest. Fix one problem and another arises, and after the first build being the wrong scale I realized I could clean it up more. I should have known better but c'est la vie! As soon as I've got the updated layout, i'll post some previews.

Cheers!

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  3. Gralt

Gralt Member

Aaaand finally back to work!
    20170419_231335.jpg

vivalablake89 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  4. Gralt

Gralt Member

More progress on V3.
    Chest Ventral 1-Collar 1.jpg Chest Ventral 1-Collar 2.jpg

5. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

may I say v3 looks a lot cleaner than v2; you've got this figured out, man! It's gonna be amazing!:) Nice work!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Gralt

Gralt Member

Thanks! And yeah this build is a lot cleaner than v2 so a lot easier to put together. Case and point below :D
    Chest Ventral Front Assembly.jpg

7. Gralt

Gralt Member

So a bit more progress to report! Got the new foam insets finished. Just a few more rim pieces and the front chest will be done! Then on to the back....which will take a spell longer lol.
    The parts highlighted on the screen are the ones left to add on the model.
    Chest Ventral Front Assembly 2.jpg

BlazedStarbon and vivalablake89 like this.
  8. vivalablake89

vivalablake89

Looking good Never give up never surrender. Glad to see your making head way on this, and trust me after you get the Chest done the rest will be a lot more simplified for you it's a good piece to start with. Also message me when you start scaling the other pieces I think we definitely be able to help you there with that.

9. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

I'm always lurking on your thread. Your Helljumper is getting so pretty. :D
    Your files are great, that's one thing, but I enjoy seeing your progress - it's so clean and you're using nice and clever ideas.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  10. Gralt

Gralt Member

Thanks guys, thank you all! And thank you CommanderPalmer, but I will admit to nice and clever being lazy and looking for shortcuts haha. But hey, if it works and works, and here is the proof! The completed Ventral chestplate!
    Ventral Chest Assembly Complete.jpg

Well almost completed. I haven't enclosed the top back pieces above the black insets just yet because I know when it comes time to resin/fiberglass this I will want access to that area. Now on to the dorsal chestplate! I hope to start my 3d print prototyping of the detail pieces soon. Just have to pick one of the smaller pieces to get the sizing right. I can't wait for this thing to be done so I can finally get to work on other pieces! haha

11. Gralt

Gralt Member

Further progress on the start of the Ventral chest piece.
    Dorsal Chest Left 1.jpg

12. Gralt

Gralt Member

Further progress.
    Dorsal Chest Left 2.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 3.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 4.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 5.jpg

vivalablake89 and PaiganBoi like this.
  13. CrimsonViper97

CrimsonViper97

The spartan helljumper armor is awesome! Your build looks good so far, keep up the good work (y)

Gralt likes this.
  14. Gralt

Gralt Member

Thanks CrimsonViper97! Speaking of which, here is more progress :D
    Dorsal Chest Left 6.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 7.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 8.jpg

vivalablake89 and Thom A293 like this.
  15. Gralt

Gralt Member

AND FINALLY!! After months of progress I have finally completed a full build of the left part of the dorsal chest piece! I was beginning to think with all of the revisions I was constantly making that I was never going to finish it lol.
    Dorsal Chest Left 9.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 10.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 11.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 12.jpg Dorsal Chest Left 13.jpg

And now....on to the other side, and sizing of the parts I need to 3d print.

Cheers!

16. Gralt

Gralt Member

First picture of the right side. I can already tell this will go by much faster now that I've done it already in reverse lol. Sadly I won't be able to make much progress beyond the weekend as work will be pulling me away for the entirety of next week. Ugh, but such is life!

Dorsal Chest Right 1.jpg

mblackwell1002 and vivalablake89 like this.
  17. Gralt

Gralt Member

More build progress :)
    Dorsal Chest Right 2.jpg

18. Gralt

Gralt Member

PRRROOOOGRREESSSS! After a loooong week at corporate HQ and a 3 day weekend that turned in to only two because of food poisoning, I finally got some work done!
    Dorsal Chest Right 3.jpg

19. Voren Marr

Voren Marr

Nice job indeed. I've been tempted to start some 3D printing etc. Your progress has given a much needed push...

Gralt likes this.
  20. Gralt

Gralt Member

Thanks! As soon as I've finished work on the two hemispheres i'm building the bridge prototype from paper so I can size it and 3d print it for strength. In the second picture you can see the backing I put in to help brace it for the stress of bringing the two halves together.
    Dorsal Chest Right 4.jpg Dorsal Chest Right 5.jpg

21. Gralt

Gralt Member

So a few intermediate pics before the finished product :)
    Dorsal Chest Right 6.jpg Dorsal Chest Right 7.jpg

22. Gralt

Gralt Member

FINALLY! Months of effort, sizing, model refining, sizing, building...well you get the picture. FINALLY DONE with the two hemispheres!
    Dorsal Chest 1.jpg Dorsal Chest 2.jpg Dorsal Chest 3.jpg Dorsal Chest 4.jpg

Now on to sizing up the 3d printed center span so I can bring these two parts together! :D

23. Leiutenant Jaku

Leiutenant Jaku Jr Member

Outstanding work, way better than I would be capable of

24. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Looking amazing! :D

25. Gralt

Gralt Member

Well I went to 3d print the center piece and found I don't have the right ink. So while I wait for that I decided to print out some other details. :D
    3d print 1.jpg 3d print 2.jpg 3d print 3.jpg 3d print 4.jpg

I did these in "Tough Ink" more commonly known as flex ink. Prints out but is vey flexible so much less change of breaking. Now just have to smoothing these out with a knife and some find grain sand paper. :)

BlazedStarbon and PerniciousDuke like this.