Props Halo:ce/halo 2 Pelican Dropship Pilots Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper Cooper

So, as part of Operation Chastity, we required dropship helmets. The look of the Halo 3 'high-g' pilot helmet was significantly different from those of Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2, which had helicopter style helmets in the vein of Aliens being worn by standard Marines as pilots. I honestly preferred that look to the Halo 3 one (sorry Privateer - no offence!), and so sought to find me some old Vietnam-era helicopter helmets for use.

Now, I couldn't find gold visors. Only a minor annoyance, as the black ones are still cool, but still. Hope you guys like them - and the Bungie themed Vietnam-style graffiti! :)

[attachment=11878:28127718.jpg]

[attachment=11876:28076836.jpg]

[attachment=11877:28076871.jpg]

Pete

Psycurve said:
Hey Peter,

maybe u could use a visor foil in gold to cover the black visor??

just an idea

regards

Psy

While it would make it gold, it wouldn't be visible through it - I am considering just leaving it as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, cool find. Definitely awesome. And, this is just something I noticed, but posted on Sept. 7th. Woot, number 7!

I've never compared the two, but could you modify one of the gold motorcycle visors

to about the same size as the SPH-4 helmet visor? You'd probably want to add a bit

of rubber edging to the bottom of the visor if you cut it to the shape of the helo

visor.

We're looking into possibly vacforming a gold visor, in the same method we'll possibly be using for our Spartan and Marine visors.

Ah HA! Thus it becomes clear... or maybe not as it has a gold surface. :)

Seriously though, will it still be see through, or will the actors act... in the dark?

"With the blast shield down I can't even see, how am I supposed to fly?" ;)

Apparently it's possible to vacform gold see-through like a motorbike visor. I await to see if this works out. If it does, we've found the future of Mk.VI visors. ;)

Peter Cooper said:
Apparently it's possible to vacform gold see-through like a motorbike visor. I await to see if this works out. If it does, we've found the future of Mk.VI visors. ;)

No kidding! Looking forward to what you discover!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back