Halo: Combat Evolved, Mark V Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how long the Elite Section is sticking around for, there may be plans to do away with it or change it up...
But until it's gone I'm moving this project into Elite.

Nice to see Classic Chief getting this kind of loving attention to detail. Awesome work, and very nice job recreating the CE cover.

why would the elite section be removed. it motivates people to put tons of effort into their work.

I'm calling Rundown's...Moz's doesn't have that much detail on it.

Also, congratulations of getting Classic Chief in the Elite section, where he belongs...now, if only I can get started on mine...

"yes, its a MOZ helmet, the rear peice being there made it impossible to put the helmet on, so i figured i would replace it with ither a silicon rubber mould or a flexible foam or something.."

read guys....read

Hi all! sorry for the late update but i have a problem...and i need someones help.
I have almost finished the new gauntlets (cyborg hands), but i KNOW there is a spot on the bottom (the spike parts) that has some texture.
and playing the game, you cant see underneath where the spike is on the gauntlets... BUT ive found the model for 3dMax with textures...
unfortunately buddy took a screenshot for reference of the part i DON'T need to look at...
this screenshot
thm_1996.jpg

so i downloaded the model...downloaded 3dMax trial just to look at the bottom part..
but i got an error code (0xc0000005) or something like that...so i CANT load 3dMax.....
i have searched for like a week EVERYWHERE to fix this and its nearly impossible....
IMMA GOIN CRAZY!!!!....this image pretty much sums up of what im going through
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIRcTtMuVZEYAG6ytr_mzdDXda5y2OkIQ-GcxCPVt-qk4GIcVr.jpg

If anyone can run 3dMax please help..i just need full 360 screenshots of them, thats all!!!
you can find the MAX file here with textures > http://www.gamebanana.com/models/1312
and i swear to jebus chryste id have them gauntlets finished in like 3 hours...if only i can view the spikes!!!!
(whats the point of texturing the bottom of the gauntlets if your NEVER going to see them, DAMN YOU, M.R.L.!!!!)

Attachments

• thm_1996.jpg
    thm_1996.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 180
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIRcTtMuVZEYAG6ytr_mzdDXda5y2OkIQ-GcxCPVt-qk4GIcVr.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIRcTtMuVZEYAG6ytr_mzdDXda5y2OkIQ-GcxCPVt-qk4GIcVr.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 173
OMG! thank you so much ForgedReclaimer!! your a winner! i should have them done by tonight :)
see, i knew there was something there that SHOULD be seen, i cant believe M.R.L. would be so mean! lol, (he must have knew someone was going to look at it eventually.)

Okay, update!
I have finished painting and nearly finished weathering, i will add some leather on it tomorrow. The wrist parts on the gauntlets look different on the cover of the game so i will be trying to go for that look rather than the in-game look. here's a preview!
dscn2934e.jpg

Also, those images on the mirror are just a little teaser of what i have been working on :)

Taking a little longer than i thought :S
just a little something to keep you waiting :)
dscn2940s.jpg

Okay, update!
I have finished painting and nearly finished weathering, i will add some leather on it tomorrow. The wrist parts on the gauntlets look different on the cover of the game so i will be trying to go for that look rather than the in-game look. here's a preview!
dscn2934e.jpg

Also, those images on the mirror are just a little teaser of what i have been working on :)

I can finally post in here! Great work on everything, btw.

Could those drawings be the workings of a Halo 4 chest???

Haha, reminds me of Arby 'n' the Chief on YouTube.

Yes! in fact, that is the Chief from Arby 'n' the Chief, with Greg!
And he hates that "gh3y spider", lol! look!
img0024wn.jpg

notice the new camera? yay! that means better quality photos and videos!

so i thought id post some of the work i have done in the last month or so.
img0017yb.jpg

So i have finished putting together the Mark 6 chest, hardened with Resin and waiting to finish it.
I have also put together the shoulders and a CQB helmet, the Mark 6 helmet is near complete too!

My Mark 5 gauntlets haven't been finished yet....reason being, i have recently got a new job working as a pipe insulator in Fort McMurray AB.
So this month consisted of interviews, tests, and a bunch of headaches.
its a pretty good job and i don't want to screw it up, and i will be working for 10-12 days, with 4 days off. So within those 4 days off i will continue the progress.
So stay tuned for more updates!

KNOCK, KNOCK just coming from the dead to say OMG i think my Heart stopped again due to Classic Awesomeness. The move to ELITE for any nay sayers was well deserved. Ive been around for a while and i like how this is more of an homage to the humble beginnings of HALO and our great leader ;) ADAM ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back