Halo: Combat Evolved, Mark V Armor (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
halogreenlandfall.jpg

Quick photoshop

LOL! that looks great BUBBENSTEIN!

Sorry for the late reply's on everything.. i am currently working in Fort McMurray AB and making a s**tload of cash. I work for 10 days and i get 4 days off, but now their saying i might be working for 20 days and only get 4 off. i will finish those damn gauntlets as soon as i get around to it. But now, i have an incredible NEW project planned out... so all the halo stuff is on hold until further notice :( , (but i WILL be posting pictures of my nights out with the armor on and other stuff.)
For my new project, its going to be quite expensive, but money is no issue since the thing will pay for itself anyway. i need at least $30,000 - $40,000 to pull it off, and a little "TIME"
...can you guess yet?
here's a little teaser ;)
bttf-delorean-300x225.jpg

Yes, that's right! epic LOLs!
i have been researching parts for this thing for about 3 years now, it has been a dream of mine since i first seen the movies. and with the combined tutorials/experience i have learned from 405th it should be a bit easier, but trust me, i will get a few headaches. :)
(i will not be posting progress of this project on THIS topic/thread, maybe not even on 405th, but we'll see)
Lets see what the future has in store for this, or maybe the past

Your friend - Flying Spartan

Attachments

• bttf-delorean-300x225.jpg
    bttf-delorean-300x225.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 193
OMG I love that movie and I would love to build a delorean BTTF style.. I wish you the best of luck truely and can't wait!!!!

OMG I love that movie and I would love to build a delorean BTTF style.. I wish you the best of luck truely and can't wait!!!!

lol...I have a funny story about that. During college, I used to work at best buy. So, one night someone bought a TV and they needed help to their car. So I brought the TV up to the front curb while this guy went to get his car. When he arrived, I swear to god, it was a replica BTTF delorian. I asked him how did you get this, he said, I built it. I promptley asked him how much does it cost and he replied, it was real expensive, I laughed and he disapeared into the night. True Story, I was floored by how detailed it was, it had the Flux Capicitor and everything. I wish I would have gotten pictures, but I'm old and they didn't have camera phones. It was Awesome.

@Flying Spartan, This will be epic when completed. Super stoked about it. lol.

My room mate actually has a delorian in the shed out back lol, he was gonna build it into a bttf styled one but oddly enough decided not to after calculating prices. Thing overheats every time it turns on anyways

Hi everyone! just dropped by to say hi :)
My cousins came down for my sisters wedding last week and one of them decided to take out the Mark V for a whirl. take some of the dust off it.
The Codpiece was unable to fit him, and he wasn't wearing an under-suit
But it was pretty cool seeing the costume on someone else!
Here, i made a video! Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone!
With Halo-ween closing in, I decided to do a little update! First off i finally have a few weeks off so i can get working on things! So i made my way down to the upholstery shop where i got some leather material, and FINALLY (almost) finished the gauntlets (for the most part)! Nothin' but lots of careful cutting, folding, and measuring here, but if you are curious as to how i made the little diamond latches, i just carved them out of wood then painted them black.
Well heres the money shot :p
img0178va.jpg

img0181dm.jpg

Also wanted to show off a little something i got in the mail yesterday.
I thought it would look great with mah costume!
img0180jw.jpg

EDIT: now I am officially finished them, put some fabric on the top parts, what ya think?
img0186r.jpg

img0184oj.jpg

They came out great. I like how you did the black detail with leather and fabric. I'm sure it helps with the paint rubbing together with other parts.

XD EPIC! You need to get a shot of the Halo C.E. cover now that you have that awesome little toy. Next step: OPERATIONAL BANSHEE! lol This is an amazing thread. keep it up!

Hi again! thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement so far!, its made me more motivated to try to finish this project.
So last night i decided to cut up my codpiece to make it easier to get on and off, using mighty putty and hot glue to put in clips
img0192jg.jpg

Double update!
imagescasg020p.jpg

i put together a harness! that will take a bit of weight off my legs!
img0195jq.jpg

Hey everyone, i meant to post these on halo-ween, but i couldn't get the pictures until now.

I went out to a bar called the "Tap Room" where they had a costume contest! yay!
Here's me getting ready to go :)
img0199x.jpg

and some of at the bar :)
30313818505428491042615.jpg

39299118505880157664115.jpg

37472218505883824330415.jpg

and here's another costume couple i had to show everyone! soo cool!
37394318505630824355715.jpg

It turned out to be a great night! Everyone loved the Mark V, i won the contest! the only downside was it was a struggle to have a beer LOL, and oh ya.... the fan stopped working, the connection came loose and the on/off switch just fell off!! O.O , so every once in a while the helmet fogged up a little! :( oh well, it still turned out great!

That's a fantastic build you've got there. The video of one of your cousins wearing it is definitely a bonus. Nice choice of music for the setting by the way. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back