Props Halo Combat Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeeKegan said:
Viper, the metal blade looks great.

Thanks Lee. :)

It was my first time using an angle grinder for something like this. The hardest part was to sharpen the edges, because if I ground too much I would take off too much metal. Fortunately everything worked out just fine, and the blade is sorta sharp. Maybe I'll use the blade sharpener upstairs. :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeKegan said:
You can use files to add a better edge. That is how I sharpen the lawn mower blades.

We don't have many metal files around, and I couldn't find them when I needed them. But I know what to use. ;)

So long as you keep doing my blueprints such justice Viper you're more than welcome to them. :D

Great job on the metal blade for the dagger! Surely you didn't get the edging that good with an angle grinder though?! You must be steady as a rock if you did buddy. ;)

juliet76 said:
So long as you keep doing my blueprints such justice Viper you're more than welcome to them. :D

Great job on the metal blade for the dagger! Surely you didn't get the edging that good with an angle grinder though?! You must be steady as a rock if you did buddy. ;)

I did not use a cutting disc for the shaping, but a grinding disc. It's a thick disc that's used to smooth the edges of sharp metal. ;)

And the grinder was small so it was light, so it was easy to use. :D

Kudos to juliet76 for making such easy-to-follow schematics, and to Viper for making such an awesome replica based on those schematics. Like both Lee and juliet76 have said, you did one heluva nice job on the metal blade, dude. Can't wait to see more :cool

SPARTAN II said:
Kudos to juliet76 for making such easy-to-follow schematics, and to Viper for making such an awesome replica based on those schematics. Like both Lee and juliet76 have said, you did one heluva nice job on the metal blade, dude. Can't wait to see more :cool

Awwww... Thanks, Spartan. <3

I got more stuff for you guys later, I just gotta put the pictures up. ;)

BAMP.

IMG_1439.jpg

:eek Speechless :eek

man, makes me wanna go out in the jungle and kill some lions LOL

Freakin awesome Viper :)

LOVE IT

Psy

Looks great! You should go get a buffer wheel for your grinder and shine that baby up. Blind your enemies before you attack!

FoxOrdo said:
This looks amazing,

How did you find the dimensions for it?

I used Juliet76's Combat Knife blueprints, scaled them up in M$ Paint and printed the blueprints out.

So last weekend I cut out and semi-sharpened the Machete blade at home and brought it to school last monday to sharpen it further. Right now it's as sharp as a razor blade in some areas.

On tuesday I got to cut out the grip for the blade. Right now I'm waiting for the glue to cure so I can shape it.

Also, Pictures will be delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back