Halo Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy1536

umm...hi im new here and i try making a halo costume for the skool dance on Friday but it didnt work out :mad:....
so i was wondering if may be some one can lend me a costume till like saterday... im a 14 boy about 5'6..so yea just pm me if anything :rolleyes :D

its 100% guaranteed that this isnt going to happen for several reasons.

people are very protective of their props and armor. im about 99.999999999 % sure that there is no one that would actually lend out the armor.

if you did find someone that was actually willing to loan it out, then shipping is another problem. the chances that someone on this board is within driving distance from you is slim. and it would take at least 2 days to be shipped. and if you were to get one shipped, you would have to pay for the shipping.

another thing is everyones armor is scaled to fit their height, weight and dimensions. i know there are a few people your age on the board, but not too many at all. and on top of that, they are going to be shaped differently than you.

so yeah. best suggestion is to not worry about finding someone to lend you armor. they have the mass produced costumes floating around everywhere now. and if you dont like those, you can throw a set of armor together yourself with cardboard, ducktape, and green spraypaint. i know it sounds like it would be real low quality looking, but ive seen several people that have made it look really good.

Goosebot 5000 said:
its 100% guaranteed that this isnt going to happen for several reasons.

people are very protective of their props and armor. im about 99.999999999 % sure that there is no one that would actually lend out the armor.

if you did find someone that was actually willing to loan it out, then shipping is another problem. the chances that someone on this board is within driving distance from you is slim. and it would take at least 2 days to be shipped. and if you were to get one shipped, you would have to pay for the shipping.

another thing is everyones armor is scaled to fit their height, weight and dimensions. i know there are a few people your age on the board, but not too many at all. and on top of that, they are going to be shaped differently than you.

so yeah. best suggestion is to not worry about finding someone to lend you armor. they have the mass produced costumes floating around everywhere now. and if you dont like those, you can throw a set of armor together yourself with cardboard, ducktape, and green spraypaint. i know it sounds like it would be real low quality looking, but ive seen several people that have made it look really good.

QFT, everyone has worked till their fingers have bled (At least I have, damn superglue) to get their armor done. Lending it to someone is usually out of the question, not to mention most of our younger members tend to give up on the project rather then finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know from personal experience that it is almost impossible to get a loan. However. Look around your area for other 405thers. Sometimes, if you live close, they will offer, but do not get your hopes up. Also don't just give your location out when on here. Do your research on people.

Thax for the reply..umm is the helmet hard to make...and can you help me find some kind of direction to help me make it...also dose it cost much!!

That is like me asking Hefner if I could borrow his girlfriend for the weekend...

Jeremy, a good idea would be to look in the Noob forum and read the stickies. Those will answer a lot of your questions. I will, however, tell you that making any kind of armour requires patience, effort, and yes, money. However, as was suggested before, cardboard armour is a good way to go. Get a few boxes, cut them into shape, connect things with some duct tape, and spray paint green. Wear black clothing underneath the armour. You might spend $20 on a project like that. Most people who make their own high quality costumes spend well over a thousand dollars (even several thousands) on a single costume, hence their reluctance to lend out their costumes to people they don't know.

CPU64 said:
That is like me asking Hefner if I could borrow his girlfriend for the weekend...

Yeah but he has 4 and most of us folks only have 1. :D

Moved to n00b forum since general isn't for costume discussion.

jeremy- What can I say, you may get lucky but chances are not in your favor. Proper spelling might go a ways for folks thinking you'll be responsible with their armor. And even if you got lucky enough to get it shipped, you're going to need about $80 or more for the shipping.

If your really desperate for a master chief costume and have a bit of money to spend then you can get one here:
http://www.anytimecostumes.com/ecommerce/c..._id=0035A888759

Don't yell at me guys I know you don't like it but it is a costume, certainly nowhere near the quality of anything on here, but he has more of a chance getting that than anything on here.

So if all else fails jeremy thats one option you can consider.

lundboba said:
If your really desperate for a master chief costume and have a bit of money to spend then you can get one here:

Don't yell at me guys I know you don't like it but it is a costume, certainly nowhere near the quality of anything on here, but he has more of a chance getting that than anything on here.

How about you ignore that last post, that armor is a piece of fail, plus it will never ship within a day.

lundboba said:

thats a last measure thing, and we all know about Last Measure....right? Nope? Dont bother, then.

You may be too young for people to trust you with a $5000+ suit of armor, so i doubt that you will get a suit other than making it yourself, and we have PLENTY of resources for you to learn.

The Stig said:
How about you ignore that last post, that armor is a piece of fail, plus it will never ship within a day.

lundboba said:
forget i mentioned it. dont get that suit jeremy, its bad.

on the contrary, i think thats exactly what he needs.

hes 14, he needs a costume for a school dance, and he needs something quick.

i think he probably googled halo costume and came up with us. there probably isnt much interest in actually putting the time and resources into making a full one.

Dreadnought of Fury said:
QFT, everyone has worked till their fingers have bled (At least I have, damn superglue) to get their armor done. Lending it to someone is usually out of the question, not to mention most of our younger members tend to give up on the project rather then finish.
Like #$*^^ we don't i'm half done just stupid school gets in the way and winter but any ways i only post certan stuff in my blog say only my helmet progress oh and i'm 14

I'm afraid that no one here will loan out a suit that they spent a lot of time and money on. I'm not saying your too young to handle it or anything, but for all we know, you could get the suit in the mail and sell it on ebay and never return it. Or it could come back damaged. None of us want to take those risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back