Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or... They could be a totally different species that we have not seen before. And who is to say that Chief and Cortana ended up in the Milky Way Galaxy at all? ;)

There is said to be a highly developed spacefaring race that existed long before the Forerunners, who had the ability to travel from one Galaxy to another. And the Forerunners worshiped them like the Covenant worships the Forerunners. And the species we see in the Halo Universe only inhabit 25% of the Galaxy, so there are some areas we have not been to yet.

Or... They could be a totally different species that we have not seen before. And who is to say that Chief and Cortana ended up in the Milky Way Galaxy at all? ;)

There is said to be a highly developed spacefaring race that existed long before the Forerunners, who had the ability to travel from one Galaxy to another. And the Forerunners worshiped them like the Covenant worships the Forerunners. And the species we see in the Halo Universe only inhabit 25% of the Galaxy, so there are some areas we have not been to yet.
Ooooh, Precursors would be awesome! Hopefully we'll get more on them from Greg Bear before Halo 4 comes out.

is anyone going to start creating the halo MC pieces and stuff? and it looks like now in halo 4 that there is going to be a pistol with a grenade on it, awesome, pistols that shoot nades =D

This is just beautiful. If anyone has found my entire jaw, please send it back to me.

And what I just noticed... if you wanna play Halo CEA, just play the original ;D

Super Excited for Halo 4,5,6 although I don't understand why (if he's been in cryo) The mark 6 suit is different

I said the same thing Ben. But then Reach did kind of ditch the whole idea of continuity between armor variants. At least between one and two they explained the difference by issuing him new armor on the ship. But there shouldn't be an opportunity for him to recieve new armor given the unknown status of Halsey and the Spartan project. Not to mention.......he's been in CRYO sleep. Hmm...maybe Cortana changed his clothes while he was out, that little pervert! LOL

That said I'm really interested to see where they go with the story. One thing 343 has done well is tell a decent (maybe not the best bu decent) stroy. There is so much background for the Halo universe now with all the different media they've tapped. This could be a great trilogy.

As for Halo CE HD, I just have one thing to say....... 39.99.........that is a great "Thank You" to the community for keeping this title alive and kicking for 10 years. I do hope they work on the armor model a bit though. It is way to chunky even compared to the original lower rez character model. If they were trying to bridge the gap between the reach MkIV and this one they aren't there yet. The reach armors were tiny compared to what I see in the clip. Guess we'll just have to wait and see more.

Got a little armor comparison here:

Halo3and4armorcomparison.png

The more I look at the screenshots from the Halo 4 trailer, the more I'm unhappy with the armor. First of all, there is no plausible explanation as far as I can see that the Chief goes into cryo at the end of Halo 3 and then emerges in the trailer with a completely different set of armor. I mean, there's almost no similarities.

Maybe it's because I've grown to love the current Mark VI armor (which is bound to happen after pouring over reference material for 4 months building my suit!), but I just don't want to see such a drastic change! Just make it the same Mark VI we know and love, but super detailed. That's all we want I think...

I really wish I'd read Halo Cryptum, now.

Anyway, every time I see the new armor, I hate it that much more. I'm not really against the functional "upgrades" or the pistolgrenade, but this looks like crap, and is inexplicable. I mean, they can push plot and say the thrusters were always in the MkVI armor (There are greebles on its back that look like they could be thrusters) but Chief never used them, as he spent very little time in Zero-G. And the M6 is more modular than a Lego man.

Knowing I can back button to original Halo sounds unique, and fun. I can't wait.

I said the same thing Ben. But then Reach did kind of ditch the whole idea of continuity between armor variants. At least between one and two they explained the difference by issuing him new armor on the ship. But there shouldn't be an opportunity for him to recieve new armor given the unknown status of Halsey and the Spartan project. Not to mention.......he's been in CRYO sleep. Hmm...maybe Cortana changed his clothes while he was out, that little pervert! LOL
My thought was that MC salvaged some gear on the ship. There very well could have been an armory on the ship chocked full of who knows what. We know that he went into hypersleep, but that doesn't mean that he didn't wake up for extended time periods inbetween Halo 3 and this trailer.

Plus, this was a TEASER TRAILER. Halo 4 isn't (supposed to) come out till 2012, that's a whole year, character designs can change, but I doubt that he'll start off like that. It was to get us fans excites for it. Like I said before, Frankie told us that the armor will be explained in-game, he won't just be like that with no explanation. Besides, who said that that was how the game will start?

True on all accounts Choa.

And if the community really does grow to hate the design we see now you know we are vocal enough that 343 will get the message. Hey it worked for Infimous 2. They redesigned his armor twice after the community went to bat for the old style character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back