Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my thought like many others before me. Since this is a teaser, it is not canonical. Basically it is showing us that Master Chief will receive new armor, that the jetpack will return, and that the planet his ship is falling into is not a planet after all. Think back to Halo 3, when they released the video of the Chief throwing a "shield grenade" and then running into a crowd of brutes on earth in a desert, was this in the game? No it wasn't, it's just a fictional teaser, not a factual story. Also the rumor about HCEA containing a possible key for the eventual Halo 4 multiplayer beta is starting to make more sense now that Halo 4 was announced. But who else thinks they need to change the name. Halo 4 sounds kinda hackneyed.

You know the trailer for Halo looked a lot like Dead Space. And if the whole game was based around fighting flood, I think that would be a little stupid. But who knows, Maybe the Forerunners aren't as "cool" as we thought them to be.

Here's my thought like many others before me. Since this is a teaser, it is not canonical. Basically it is showing us that Master Chief will receive new armor, that the jetpack will return, and that the planet his ship is falling into is not a planet after all. Think back to Halo 3, when they released the video of the Chief throwing a "shield grenade" and then running into a crowd of brutes on earth in a desert, was this in the game? No it wasn't, it's just a fictional teaser, not a factual story. Also the rumor about HCEA containing a possible key for the eventual Halo 4 multiplayer beta is starting to make more sense now that Halo 4 was announced. But who else thinks they need to change the name. Halo 4 sounds kinda hackneyed.

shield grenade= bubble shield

no desert its all snow and ice

Not a jetpack its thrusters

And i think Halo 4 sounds fine.

You don't like the name Halo 4? What else would they call it.

It would be called this.

halo4revealedate32011.jpg

Yeah, They should use start using titles again instead of numbers, IE, Halo:CombatEvolved.

Yeah, They should use start using titles again instead of numbers, IE, Halo:CombatEvolved.

I don't know about that. Combat Evolved was added because "Halo" was supposedly too abstract for the Japanese market (imagine that, a game too abstract for Japan...) Maybe instead of calling the game Halo 4, they could stop calling it Halo and go with a new name while still continuing the story, such as MJOLNIR 1-3 (poor name choice, but it's an example.)

Halo is just the brand name. Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Reach (through the gameplay at least) had no actual halos in them. though, as i said, you do get to see installation 04 in the end of Reach..
but, it's for the casual consumer to associate the game with it's predecessors, and not confuse them.

*sniff**sniff**sniff* i smell a good idee for the new costume for halo 4 xD cant wait if one of the modeler's on this site is going to begin on it xD

I wish there were more quality pictures. It looks like they're going to go the route of Reach on this one for the armor, but c'mon, I'm sick of the 'SIII' crap from Reach. For the Anniversary, I think the armor is adequate, but Halo 4 is going to have some explaining to do about the Chief's new look. Unless Cortana was really bored during the trip and decided to mod the Mark 5 armor while the Chief was asleep... another disconnect from the canon.

That said, I want to get started on the 'updated' mark 4 so it'll be ready by November 15. Ideas?

I'm sure there are plenty of ideas, the only thing is the Chief doesn't wear Mark 4. The Chief wears Mark 5 armor throughout Halo: Combat Evolved. He then gets an upgrade to the Mark 6 armor at the beginning of Halo 2, and an aesthetic upgrade at the beginning of Halo 3. It has been mentioned in this thread previously, that because this was indeed a teaser trailer, that this could very well be an upgrade to his armor at some point later in the game, or even the series for that matter.

-Matt

Really excited about this! Kinda bugs me that it looks like the Chief has elephantitis of the crotch. What the hell was Cortana doing to him while he was in stasis?

One thing I can tell you is that this one is particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved but will do things that no Firefight map has done.

This is VERY clearly a hint to, FLOOD FIREFIGHT!

That would be AWSOME!

Is it a shield world? If so it could be a Covenant or Flood controlled shield world, or something completely different.

Yes, that appears to be a shield world

Frankie said that the armor would be explained in the story.

YES!

people need to realize that this is a TEASER TRAILER . That means it is ment to SUCK YOU INTO THE STORY and RAISE INTEREST . I am sure 343 wouldnt do anything like that. #1 . they have been working on halo since 2003 #2. They wouldnt want to -BLAM- off halo fans.

I wish there were more quality pictures. It looks like they're going to go the route of Reach on this one for the armor, but c'mon, I'm sick of the 'SIII' crap from Reach. For the Anniversary, I think the armor is adequate, but Halo 4 is going to have some explaining to do about the Chief's new look. Unless Cortana was really bored during the trip and decided to mod the Mark 5 armor while the Chief was asleep... another disconnect from the canon.

That said, I want to get started on the 'updated' mark 4 so it'll be ready by November 15. Ideas?

Dont you mean MK V? MK V is in Halo 1 . MK VI is in halo 3 .

I was just looking at the overview of Halo CE A on xbox.com, and it says "online co-op 1-2" which kind of sucks. I guess if they aren't changing the gameplay at all it makes sense, but after the taste of 4 player co-op in Reach it feels a little disappointing.

OH MY GOSH
rainbow_dash_i_wub_woo_face_by_flowerjewel-d3a1g2k.png

cant Wait! we all know john is a few words fella, but thats jsut the thing you got to say to a girl in need im here!
cant wait, really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back