Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget Alice-130, Jerome-092, and Douglas-042 (which I just realized is a Hitchhiker's Guide reference) from Halo Wars. We know something happened to the Spirit of Fire, so we could have a lead-in to another RTS, albeit by Robot Entertainment instead of Ensemble. As well, we have loads of potential to be a vanilla Marine or ODST, a pilot, the commander of a ship or fleet, or part of a SPARTAN-III headhunter team. We could also take the Covenant- play as the Arbiter during the Grunt Rebellion, or a warrior during the Taming of the Hunters.

Then there's potential Forerunner gameplay and the San'Shyuum, and I could definitely get behind a Jiralhanae cover-based shooter. The point is that there is almost no limit to the number of games we could get out of the Halo franchise, and it's likely to appeal to everybody. I've been working on a tabletop game based on ship to ship combat, but I'd love to see it on PC or console.

Which makes me wonder: now that 343 is at the wheel, will the PC start getting Halo love again?

What do you mean Forerunner gameplay? Like playing as the Forerunners and finding out how they came and went?

As for the Brutes..... I really don't see it happening unless its like a side game or something. Really not much you would do as a Brute....

What do you mean Forerunner gameplay? Like playing as the Forerunners and finding out how they came and went?

As for the Brutes..... I really don't see it happening unless its like a side game or something. Really not much you would do as a Brute....

I do mean playing as or alongside the Forerunners. As for the Brute bit, I think that came up mostly because I think Marcus Fenix looks like one.

I think the precursors would make good story material for Halo 4-6. As we know from Cryptum, Humans once had a cure for the flood, but were subjugated and regressed genetically by the forerunner. If anything, i believe that either the surviving forerunner, forerunner constructs (AI, Metarchy), or precursor (or their other weapons, ie. flood-like life or tech) would be the primary antagonists.
And, if i might point out, there were more than two shield worlds, not just Onyx and the Halo Wars planet, so meeting up with the other spartans would seem...well, just so cliche. he is, i believe, exploring something previously unreported by the covenant's investigation. heck, it could have even been secret from most forerunner.

but, what i'm going to be keeping an eye out for is the next ARG, which i believe will yield more answers than pure speculation. also, i encourage everyone interested in Halo-lore to check out the logs and records of Ilovebees and the Iris campaign. just google the articles, or the halo wiki will tell you.

and here is some blind speculation about Jorge's death. Yes, i believe canon will show his death during operation uppercut. but here is a theory:
1. the "slipspace bomb" appeared to do nothing but generate an uncontrolled slipspace opening, and because of the opening, the covenant vessels suffered significant damage, but not due primarily to explosion. the images show that an actual section of the ships are missing. though, this could be explained by "fragmentation of the superstructure itself", i believe that the actual pieces transitioned into slipspace.
2. another theory is that he was pulled from slipspace by the UNSC. The same happened in the event in which kurt-51 was investigating an exposed slipspace engine. In his EVA, he experienced many different distortions of time and space, and the ship that retrieved him was either able to compensate for these slipspace related phenomena or negate them altogether, and that was in 2531. Who's to say that the UNSC cloaked vessel wasn't observing the Reach incursion? Not to mention that Jorge was far more valuable to the UNSC than any spartan III. They may not have been as many in number, but they were much more visible to the UNSC at large.
3. The slipspace bomb transition resembled the portal from the ARK, and (again, spoilers from Cryptum), where destroyed pieces of one halo installation did not make the transition from normal space to slipspace, yet tiny rescue craft did, and remained intact when transitioning once again.

just theories. me, i think he's "missing in action", just like sam. but here's hoping he returns for a book, like linda did in first strike.

^I really think this is pretty good man.

I'm gonna go out on a limb: We all know that the Ark is far from the galaxy's perimeter right? We all know about the portal right? We somewhat kind of know the proximity of the Forerunners to the galactic core right? Maybe MCPO. John-117, Cortana, and the ''Engineer" section of the FoD may have been sling shot pretty d***ed fast probably due to so many variables during the transit. The firearm we saw in the H4 trailer could have been stored onboard in a secured weapons locker and gotten knocked lose. The legendary planet could very well be a shield world and is most likely a shield world.

This could make for some very awesome scenery moments and occassional deja vu.

Samuel IS dead, he had a plasma wound and suit puncture, then he detonated the bomb.

I love that idea!
And it would make some sense for them to use the time distortion thing to account for distances and other plot points.
And, now that i think of it, the internal surface area of a shield world would allow for a HUGE assortment of lifeforms to develop, if they aren't in some kind of storage. who's to say that human-like lifeforms wouldn't be the enemy? or some kind of species that was genetically ADVANCED by the forerunners or precursors?
and, personally, i would love a more "survival/horror" game for halo 4. he is, by himself, going to a shield world once occupied by forces unknown, with a slowly deteriorating cortana (who may already be rampant, or who may NEVER go rampant).

speaking of AI, another aspect i want explained is the lost pages of Halsey's journal explaining her slipspace computer. at least, that's what i think it is. a computer, unrestrained by 4th dimensional parameters, theoretically would be able to have near infinite mass, infinite storage and near infinite processing power.
It is what i believe the AI council would be using halsey to create, and were so very close to, if they had been more aware of her success. It is my belief that Halsey destroyed the pages so there would be no record, digital or otherwise, of her success. The rebellion within the AI community would have been swift, and as we can see from their inaction and maneuvering of common humanity (as if they themselves are no longer human) over 300 years, without thought given to actual human casualties.
for now, this Slipspace computer may be the closest thing to heaven or hell that the AI have sought after.

how cunning is frankie?

We all ASSUME that Halo 4 teaser is right after halo 3 ending(more or less). HOWEVER it would make more sense and make us die hard fans happy if this is actually the beginning cut scene of a level near the end of the game...or IS the end of halo 4.

We have the mystery of how he(or us) got there to that specific point in time to be awoke again..and facing another new threat.

I was thrilled when i saw it but the more you watch it the more you realize how much they got wrong(if indeed it takes place right after halo3)

so he is in cryo the entire game then is out of cryo at the end?

sorry dude but that is strange....What would we be doing, a irrelevent backstory flashback???????????

Halo 4: Not begining a new fight, fighting a dream, then waking up.......................................................................................................................wow.

What did they get wrong?

the H3 legendary ending kinda explains the arrival part.

halo_4_new_wallpaper_by_danyvaderday-d3ib6i7.jpg

well i dont know if anyone else has seen this and havent been through this thread since page 20 but here, MK VII from the front. Slimline much

pictures goes here

well i dont know if anyone else has seen this and havent been through this thread since page 20 but here, MK VII from the front. Slimline much

I really don't like what they did with the shoulders or chest armor. Everything else looks either good to go or simply too blurry/not in the picture to tell. I'm liking the helmet, though.

I really don't like what they did with the shoulders or chest armor. Everything else looks either good to go or simply too blurry/not in the picture to tell. I'm liking the helmet, though.

I personally like the chest, the shoulders could use a little change but i LOVE the helmet :) if you look at the trailer carefully it also looks like chief has bits of armor over the upper segments of his fingers to :p little more "umph!" to that punch, aye? lol

edit:

pointout1.png

pointout2.png

pointout3.png

^^^ to illustrate what i meant

if you look at the trailer carefully it also looks like chief has bits of armor over the upper segments of his fingers to :p little more "umph!" to that punch, aye? lol
They stole that idea from LongshotX. Check out the gloves in his Mk. 6 build thread in the Elite Section, he did it first. And I'm still on the fence about the helmet and shoulders...but everything else looks okay!

They stole that idea from LongshotX. Check out the gloves in his Mk. 6 build thread in the Elite Section, he did it first. And I'm still on the fence about the helmet and shoulders...but everything else looks okay!

no i think they got it from the MK IV MJOLNIR in halo legends.

The_Package_poster.jpg

The armor needs a MOLLE setup (Not actual Molle, but the rig). I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that he carries multiple magazines for both his primary and secondary weapons and doesn't have a single place to put them. Oh, he also needs a blade. Can't scalp a grunt with your teeth. :p

He uses the various magnetic strips on the armor. They just don't show it in the games. And Master Chief CAN scalp a Grunt with his teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back