Halo Elite Sangheili Build W.I.P Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had the same idea for making elite legs. never again. after 20 mins of walking like that, my legs felt like it was in the gym for 5 hours. thats some serious calve and thigh strenght to keep that up

I love the silver detailing you painted on this, It really makes it pop. You're build looks great. :D

Pretty damn awsome
I'm gona go for a reach zealot elite because I like the idea of jumping out of a ceiling to scare a bunch of Spartans

This looks absolutely awesome. It's a really nice detail paint goin on. I do have one question though. If you want to keep a good ratio and not have the small arms compared to your huge legs, I think this method would work.
Keep up the good building. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so first off I am sorry I haven’t been updating at all this past month or so. However the costume is complete! Long story short the day I was going to shoot my brother wearing the whole shebang my dad walks outside and says hurry get out of the house we have a showing today. Our house sold and now we are in extreme moving mode. Boxes everywhere and sadly the first thing I packed was the entire costume. So hopefully by October (projected date that the house we are building will be done) I will have some pictures for you. Just saying I am quite proud of myself and my brother. We have created a monster! Haha. Those of you that are subbed you will get an update whenever I can, those of you just swinging by I’m sorry that I don’t have any finished pics for ya. So I am just going to respond to all the posts I see and try to answer any and all questions y’all have about the costume. Once again the costume is in a storage unit collecting dust until my families new house is being built. Thanks for sticking with me and I hope this hosue gets built fast! I have more stuff to make! Haha here are the responses to the last couple posts I see.

@Psquiddy Yeah that’s what I ended up using. Comfortable for my brother, easy to maintain. Thanks!

@RoxyRoo Haha my brother said I’m glad we weren’t born like this, my backwards knees are killing me haha.

@ODST-TJ92 It is done! And I am very proud! Just a month behind my original schedule too so that’s exciting! Sorry I don’t have any full pics. Maybe sometime next month I’ll go find the box at the unit and drag it all out to take a empty shot of the parts.

@omni shift Did you account the spring power of the bungee cords to your weight? If anything I would over compensate. You need at least double the elasticity to hold up your weight. Say the band holds 100 lbs and you weigh 150lbs. you would need 3 for each leg. Total of 300lbs for each leg and 600lbs in total. Gives you plenty of spring to just stand there or walk around, my brother can even run in his!

@Shadow_of_intent3180 I have never played dead space haha but thanks for the compliment! The thought process was, I want to stand out as an elite and not just be a grunt, I want some swag and the other elites to back off when I walk towards them. Lets tattoo this freaking armor! Haha.

@thorn696 Thank you very much sir short and sweet. Means a lot coming from you.

@Croc co Haha yeah that would be sweet. I liked your models you did. Let me know if you get a chance to have them unfolded.

@FoxinSox Thanks! Oh and I have searched the interwebs far and wide for some decent arm extensions and found this a while back. It is a great idea but I ended up just going to toys r us and getting those cheepo finger toys, taping the fingers together and painting them with the latex paper towel method to make em look like hands and then covering the “arm” with some foam and fabric. Looks good to me and I hope I can get some pics up soon. Thanks for the link though! I really like when people give me ideas!

@nz405thman Thanks! I cant wait to show y’all! Unfortunately time is not my best friend at the moment and it will have to wait. Subscribe so you know when I do post and I’ll hopefully have more up within a couple months.

@TD-0013 Why yes yes I did. Those things are marvelous. I ended up only having to use 3 on the entire set of armor. After that I sealed up the paint with acrylic spray and then waterproofed it and now it is ready for ooing and ahhing haha. Thanks for reading!

As always thank you to everyone who is reading and posting. You have been a great help throughout my building process and hopefully you will follow my other builds I have planned. This build is officially done, but waiting on time to get final pics up. If you have any questions feel free to ask or if you have any more tips and tricks please feel free to post those as well. Thanks again and happy building! :D

Alrighty folks. I saved what I could and trashed what I couldnt but here is a couple pictures of an almost finished Elite. Hope you enjoy, I switched over from my brother to my best friend and he shares my passion when it comes to the odd so he has some ideas to make it better so I am thinking this build is alive again, not going anywhere fast, but still breathing. He wants to rework the stilts to make them more comfortable for him to wear and help me with his foamy fat suit and shoulders. He has the head right now and is going to see if he cant make it a helmet of some sort, Have faith everyone this is still going strong!! Here ya go!

2012-11-27_14-35-18_578.jpg

2012-11-27_14-35-47_542.jpg

2012-11-27_14-36-05_334.jpg

2012-11-27_14-36-20_347.jpg

2012-11-27_14-39-18_704.jpg

2012-11-27_14-39-37_696.jpg

There ya go peeps! Foamy undersuit for the bulkyness and skin tone are being designed now and I hope to finish something soon haha thanks

Have you considered chicken wire as a frame to glue foam onto for the skin? Chicken wire is super light weight, flexible so you can shape it into realistic musculature and once bent into shape it should stay that way. It might be a good way to add realistic body bulk onto the stilts without adding weight. You could also use it to increase torso and arm mass. Coat it with plastidip and paint it with latex paint and you can add incredible skin detail. You might even be a le to make a super light weight head with this process so it doesn't flop around while moving.

Have you considered chicken wire as a frame to glue foam onto for the skin? Chicken wire is super light weight, flexible so you can shape it into realistic musculature and once bent into shape it should stay that way. It might be a good way to add realistic body bulk onto the stilts without adding weight. You could also use it to increase torso and arm mass. Coat it with plastidip and paint it with latex paint and you can add incredible skin detail. You might even be a le to make a super light weight head with this process so it doesn't flop around while moving.

I had not thought of that! I shall look into it asap. thanks!

That armour is looking great!

But before you limit your options, you should be aware that they usually wear a suit over their skin. So you don't have to go down the route of making it look like skin, you can do something interesting with it like the Arbiter in Halo 3, unless you are going for the Halo 4 look with the bare scales.

That is looking soo sick. Can't wait for the finished product. You have any kind of video of walking in those stilts? Looks to be very akward.

@Skie: Haha that makes sense, I always assumed I was seeing skin because of the similarities in color from their face all the way down. I might go scaley if I have time, it'll be cool. thanks!

@thorn696: Thank you!

@Socom: If you go back to either the 1st or 2nd page I have a video of my brother in them, they are kinda akward and are more of my digitigrade baby project I wanted to experiment with. Now that I have a new "model" going into the suit he wants to rework them to be normal stilts so he can walk around easier haha. I'll keep everyone posted on that development

@Psquiddy: Thanks! I loved how your Juggerniddy came out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back