Halo Elite Sangheili Build W.I.P Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. The way my schedule works I can only work on this beast on weekdays. Weekends are too busy for me haha. Anyway here is what I have done to fix the head.

2012-05-09_11-15-52_66.jpg

If you recal this was the before picture. Well here is the after -_-*

2012-05-14_15-31-27_567.jpg

Silly me forgot to harden the pep before using the expanding foam...hehe my baaad. The jaws had warped up into the skull portion so it looked like a human with the chin missing haha. I chopped those suckers off and repositioned them correctly.

2012-05-15_11-18-17_508.jpg

After securing the jaws I took my dremel and cut off most of the more obvious blemishes(big ol' pieces of foam that seeped through the gaps in the model) and also carved out a head hole. I figure it's light enough so far to be worn sorta like a hat haha still in progress. Anyway I covered it in 2mm craft foam to make the warping magically disappear and also smooth out the model.

2012-05-15_11-24-35_669.jpg

After trimming most of the foam edges on the face, not going to worry too much about the neck because of the helmet, I put on a layer of plastidip on one side. OOOOOoooooo Shiney!

2012-05-15_11-25-57_810.jpg

After that dried I brought back the flex-seal. I hate that stuff but it has a good texture when it dries that I said I wanted for the head. I think it looks ok and it saves me some paint time. I'm no good at textures anyway when I paint so bonus there!

Well there ya go I'm currently spraying down the other side as y'all read this so tomorrow I might post what I have on the helmet. Maybe. Thanks for reading! :D

Sorry to hear about the skeletal structure man, I wish I had commented sooner about the hardening :/
Well it looks like you recuperated well, and nice job on using the 2mm foam to patch it up, though if it's not too far in the process, I would suggest using a soldering attachment on your hot-tool to blend those edges together better. Good luck man, and the Sangheili is looking great :D

This is pretty darn awesome!!! You're inspiring me to make a Sangheili costume too! :D
Can't wait to see you finish this!
Keep up the good work!

-Alexis

Sorry to hear about the skeletal structure man, I wish I had commented sooner about the hardening :/
Well it looks like you recuperated well, and nice job on using the 2mm foam to patch it up, though if it's not too far in the process, I would suggest using a soldering attachment on your hot-tool to blend those edges together better. Good luck man, and the Sangheili is looking great :D

Like i said Im not too worried about the edges because most of them will be covered by the helmet. The ones in the jaw I have fixed and they are seamless. I put 6 coats of that flex seal stuff on it so now you really have to look at it an know where the lines are otherwise a quick glance will fool anyone haha. thanks for the advice though. I have noticed though that my iron doesn't cooperate very well with the 2mm stuff. too thin i think. easier to conduct heat maybe? idk. Tomorrow my friend and I are going to get started on paint. Thanks for reading!

This is pretty darn awesome!!! You're inspiring me to make a Sangheili costume too! :D
Can't wait to see you finish this!
Keep up the good work!

-Alexis

Thanks for reading! Glad I can help fuel the creative fire! When you get around to it please be sure to let me know! I'll help any way I can and would be just as happy watching the Covenant take over! haha. My next project is going to be a Hunter! Looked at your builds, very nice. Thanks for reading!

Just got myself back up to date on your work man, it's looking sweet! Nice save as well it's always a bonus when you can pull one off :)

@Thorn696: Thanks and I think your stuff looks awesome anyway, without mine being done haha. I know what you meant just thought I'd make a joke out of it. Anyway I thought I was going to have to repep it but then I remembered the flex seal and 2mm foam and thought, Hey I have some to waste, lets see if it works. And it looks like it does so booya! Thanks for reading!

@DBMike:Thanks! I've been looking at your build and its coming along quite nicely. I'm glad you found some time to come over and read up on my progress, be it very little haha. Today I have a buddy coming over and he is going to put a couple layers of paint on the finished pieces while I work on finishing up the helmet and torso. So hopefully lots of pictures later on and yes its always a major time bonus to save something haha. Thanks for reading!

@Mstruvmgc: Thanks! Almost done too!

Ok y'all, My buddy came by and we got so much painting done! haha. 6 coats of plasti-dip and flat black paint. I finished up putting the helmet together and fixed the forearms as well. I need more plastidip for the helmet. We picked up red paint as well for the detail parts. After the red I will go back with a silver sharpie and more tape for other detail on the flat pieces. Might make it look completly customed like tattooed armor haha. I haven't decided yet. Here are some pics.Enjoy

2012-05-16_13-10-17_366.jpg

Buddy Brian (I convinced him to join the site too so he might be on soon haha) painting some.

2012-05-16_13-10-25_881.jpg

Most of what we painted today.

2012-05-16_13-10-38_14.jpg

Fixed forarm. I think it looks kinda like something batman would wear haha. Better not catch the backswing or might lose an eye haha.

2012-05-16_15-24-43_799.jpg

The helmet. I am geeking out over this thing. I never thought I could make something that I would like. Turns out I was wrong haha. I absolutly love how this turned out. After some plastidip and paint some details it'll look pretty legit. Keep in mind it is not exactly like any of the helmets seen in any of the games. Maybe thats why I like it so much. Its different.

2012-05-16_15-19-27_687.jpg

Behold the Super Grunt! haha

Well there y'all go! Enjoy your eyes! More updates later! Next to make is the Torso. That will be tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

WOW Dude, sick work! Im really excited to see the finished product. :)

Thanks! I should hopefully be done with it by the end of the month. I do start working full time again for the summer next week though so idk how that will affect my steady updates haha. Thanks for reading!

I'm glad you've been making good progress and with any luck you'll be done before you start working full time again.
I hate having to go to work at night knowing I could be at home still building my suit lol

I'm glad you've been making good progress and with any luck you'll be done before you start working full time again.
I hate having to go to work at night knowing I could be at home still building my suit lol

Ya, key thing there, luck haha. Today is my last day of complete time to myself and tomorrow I have a half day of work then my real job and after tomorrow I will only have one day off a week haha. Going to be doing lots of planning around what I am going to do and how so I don't waste any time! Thanks for reading!

Impressive work! This is the way you build an Elite! ;)

Haha thanks. However I believe someone already has done a much more impressive job building an elite. Now this guy was a professional special effecs guy so I won't win no matter what haha, but I appriciate the compliment and I hope to not disappoint! Thanks for reading!

Ya, key thing there, luck haha. Today is my last day of complete time to myself and tomorrow I have a half day of work then my real job and after tomorrow I will only have one day off a week haha. Going to be doing lots of planning around what I am going to do and how so I don't waste any time! Thanks for reading!

Ouch! That sucks. Wish I didn't live on the other side of the pond I'd love to help you out if I could!

Ouch! That sucks. Wish I didn't live on the other side of the pond I'd love to help you out if I could!

The help would be appriciated, sadly air travel is not free and my teleportation devices have all failed haha. Good work on your build btw!

UPDATE: Everything except the weapon is made. Just put the last bit of foam onto the torso. Still needs a lot of detailing, but alas I ran out of time. Maybe on my day off this next week. Anyway here are the pics!

2012-05-17_14-59-10_288.jpg

Front. The little area that looks like an overlay is going to light up. I need to carve out more details and make it look pretty before plastidipping.

2012-05-17_14-59-21_131.jpg

I litterally ran out of the EVA mats before starting the "hump" on the back. I was freaking out. Then I remembered I saved all the edges! Hording FTW! Anyway this is the skeletal structure of the "hump"

2012-05-17_15-56-16_218.jpg

Finished up. I wish I had done this yesterday so I could make a pun about it being "hump day" hahaha oh well I am going to cover it with some 2mm and maybe spray the rest of the expanding foam inside for some more support. OR I could take it off, hollow it out (get all those nasty hookamabobs out) smoothcast the inside, attach a hindge and hook, and make it a backpack...Just an idea. haha. Either way I still need a ton of detailing work on it still.

Items still needed:
Weapon(s)
Arm extentions, My brother tried on the torso and I am going to have to make a bulk suit and arm extenders. Any ideas?

Thanks for reading! My goal is to have 80% of this suit done by the end of the month. Keep checking back for updates!

Nice improv with the back!

And as for the arms, you could try making an articulated hand.
Look here for a how-to vid by Indymogul. It's super simple, if not time consuming, and you can change the materials too!

Hope that helps!

-Alexis

Haha at least you got to the point of being able to fail I couldn't get funding to build my transporter bay. In all seriousness though it's look awesome buddy and thanks for the kind words on my build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back