Halo: Gold Chronicles Project Mark VII

Should I design a Female Mark VII as well?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. Needing a lil help with the development of the MK VII and need some suggestions.

Night Stalker reminded me of the possible Atmospheric insertion systems for the MK VII and i've been trying to think of how that would be incorporated into the armor itself (or possibly a linked attachment...I dunno). At any rate, I know Maria had a atmospheric insertion pack in the graphic novel "armor testing", and even though it seems to suit the style, it's massive and bulky. I like the chutes for the ODST drop pods, but they don't strike me as the type of device designed to significantly slow down a rapidly falling object, namely a person encased in nearly a ton of armor. Was thinking perhaps a smaller chest casing with at least one or two deployable chutes but then the spartans would need a fairly good-sized chute to slow them down so they don't end up landing like the spartans in First Strike. Right now my mind is a bit clustered with ideas that need to be sorted out. If anyone thinks I'm on the right track or feels I need to rethink or scrap the idea, PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF HALO TELL ME!

some sketches and refs I've been looking at
mk7_sketch_by_spartan_029-d3g7s50.jpg

mk7_chest_back_by_spartan_029-d3g7s24.jpg

mk7_chest_by_spartan_029-d3g7s19.jpg

467px-HGN_4.jpg

360px-Spartan-062.jpg

830px-Maria_Reentry.jpg

Halo3-ODST_PodConcept-03.jpg

i hope a thread that hasnt been posted for in a month is classed necro-ing
Hows the progress coming along SJSUSPARTAN, your concepts look great

it's been a bit slow, i admit that but i've been working on the 3D files at the moment and making tweaks to them. so far I have the armor for the thighs, shins and cod build, but the body armor is giving me a bit more trouble. also the helmet needs to be fixed up a lil more.

did you finalise the designs, i dont want to sound critical but the chest kinda looks like a revised reach chest. I love the rest of the suit those the helm,shins and boots have such an awesome flow and flare;)

I was thinking that too. I've been pretty indecisive for the chest piece. i want it to look like an updated mk6 but also i like the slim look that the reach spartans have. ya know. I think I may save that for last.

How long do you think it'll be before you have at least a 3D file for the helmet that we try to pep? I'm really excited to build this... you've done a really nice job (better than I could ever do).

Sheesh! school projects are a pain, especially since they're mandatory. so this is only a small update. I'm nearly done with a 3D model of the mk7 helmet, but i'm posting a front and side view, just to see who else is able to make a 3D model to pep.
mk7_model_by_spartan_029-d45tyso.jpg

mk7_views_by_spartan_029-d45tyqm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back