Halo: Gold Chronicles Project Mark VII

Should I design a Female Mark VII as well?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSUSPARTAN

This will be a thread to post concepts and 3D designs for my next Halo-style armor, the Mjolnir Mark VII battle armor. I will be posting each draft of this armor until I've found a point where I'm comfortable modeling it and getting it pepped. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and now couldn't be better for me with school and all giving me the practice I need.
gold_team_mark_vii_draft_1_by_spartan_029-d30ew9e.jpg

The armor looks kinda cool, but that's not how copyrights work...

Spartan-029? Is that Joshua? I'm pretty sure he died, didn't he?

i know, i get that a lot.. this was my title before i read first strike. Yes i've thought about changing it to another number but i think it's a lil late for that. lol. all my other friends know me as S-029 either way. lol any suggestions to add to the armor? i'm mainly getting the base down. i'll add utilities, shoulders, knives and all that other stuff later.

phew, semester is done. thank god! been working on the mk7 build a bit more (sniper variants, female armor and even a new silenced assault rifle) all i want to put out is the EOD/sniper combo, and a slightly more touched up mk7 base. Just started building the 3D mk7 helmet base too.
1294175777.aoh_mk7_armor.jpg

Theres alot of possibilities with this, but I think for the most part some of the helmets can stay the same, ad theres alot of cool weapons to use too, like the MA5's grenade launcher. its the same grenade launcher the flamethrower guys use in halo wars,

yeah, my friend was saying he liked the halo 3 version of the eod better so i went with that design a bit more. i'll have to tweak the 3D model for it though. the mk7 helmet base is mainly based off the EVA variant but you'll see it later...

So to get your base concept here in my head, I'm seeing you incorporate the Mkv and VI suit to come up with a completely new suit, am I right?

IMO!. The Reach MK V Backside to the torso looks the best, I wonder what the VI's and V's Front and Back side dominant and mixed a little bit would look like. The chest look like you've got the Type (G) as a base though. Sorry I'm just praddling a thought around.

more or less yes. i like the artist's design with the reach armors because...well i found them easier to move around in after building them than the mark 6 as a wearable costume. The mk7 i want to sort of bo back to a somewhat simpler design than the mk6 but still look like it's the next gen mjolnir.

haha, no worries. i don't mind it. if anything it gives more to think about. i think the back of the mk7 is somewhat like the back to the spartan's armor in halo wars but a bit simpler...

Hey guys. Update time. So I've been busy trying to get a better idea for the armor pieces, especially the sniper parts for all you sharp shooters out there. However, since I suck at sniping in Halo, I tend to avoid snipers whenever possible. So if anyone of you head-shot haunchos have any ideas for sniper customizations, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING! I'm doing this for halo fans everywhere as well as me.
halo_gc__mk_7_permutations_by_spartan_029-d39ig1y.jpg

So I've started modeling the base for the Mk VII helmet. It wanted an EVA-style that can have just about any sort of attachments added onto it and it would still look just as good after being built. The helmet I'm building for myself will be the second from the right, with the overhanging visor top. Overall I'm liking this helmet so far.
halo_gc__mk_7_helmet_base_by_spartan_029-d39ifjc.png

And lastly, the body armor. So far the thighs are the only part that I feel are finished enough to completion. Maybe some tweaking is in order as well, but I will say they're about 90% completed. The shins aren't too bad, but my original idea of having them protect the extensor muscles (for you anatomy buffs out there) by sticking out in front is not looking to hot. The COD needs some more work but I like it so far. Body armor? Needs Lo-ts of work. Been working on it for a couple hours and I'm starting to think I need to start it another way... At any rate, constructive feedback is more than welcome. Ideas for additional permutations are more than desired. I'll get back to you all soon when the parts are completed and ready for unfolding.
halo_gc__mk_7_armor1_by_spartan_029-d39ifbs.png

Those sketches look fantastic. I am actually a HUGE fan of those boots. They look great, and the bucket is great. On the model, i would prefer if the jawline were more square, but hey, it's your concept, so do what you want!

im a sniper in game and i would love to see some kind of really angular shoulder piece. something that could deflect incoming bullets off to the sides and upwards to keep the shooter safe. this is the ideal piece i would use.

As far as sniper gear, maybe a targeting attachment for the helmet? Like a wind/ranging computer? Probably some camo apps? I think they nailed the idea with Jun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back