Halo Helmet Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
ironkamakaze said:
if anyone is interested i was thinking about doing a tutorial

ironkamakaze said:
it's funny you say that me and juice or makeing the ironman armor as well and were going over some new ideas today for the radio . i'll see what i can do about getting you guys a video together to show the enter workings

I guess that means I have to help. It's not like I have a ton of other stuff to do. :mad: Whenever you get ready man. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
just think all that empty space in your armor you could

1. put the main part of the cb radio in your sholder like the scurity veriant armor
2. headset in the helmet with wire out the back to the body
3. channel, talking button and volume on the back of the helmet

this would be no problem for someone skilled in this depatrment

i was thinking about making a new one with the radio in the forearm but have not had the time to draw something up (i've been working on a tutorial for the helmet) but the idea is the same i'd just have to find a way to put the radio in the forearm and have it still look good .but don't worry i'll post something as soon as i get it drawen up

The Hunter II4 said:
just think all that empty space in your armor you could

1. put the main part of the cb radio in your sholder like the scurity veriant armor
2. headset in the helmet with wire out the back to the body
3. channel, talking button and volume on the back of the helmet

this would be no problem for someone skilled in this depatrment
Actually this is exactly what I was thinking since the Iron Man helmet wouldn't have enough room in it to fit a cb.
The problem is I want there to be a PTT in the ear piece because I've already planned out a mechanism to be able to push it like a button, which is how I'm going to turn the eye lights on and off. Have any ideas on how one would go about doing this?
Looks like today I'll be taking apart my walkie talkie and seeing how it works.

All you need is a soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, switches, and some wire. Be careful though. Soldering irons can burn the $^^# out of you and other things by accident.

Unsolder the existing switches, solder the wires to the correct contacts, extend them as far as needed(with quick disconnects or not), put the heat shrink on the wires before you solder so you don't have to de-solder them to get the shrink on, solder the wires to the switch, and test it out. It's that simple.

The power supply can also be placed anywhere using the same procedure. You can also wire in the speaker with a voice changer and have a switch between radio and PA, but that's a whole other block of instruction for a later time.

c.b. tutorial all right here it is guys my first tutorial it's not as good as it can be but i did the the best i could at this point if i do any more of them i'll try to be better setup for it i hope it's helpful

JUICE said:
All you need is a soldering iron, heat shrink tubing, switches, and some wire. Be careful though. Soldering irons can burn the $^^# out of you and other things by accident.

Unsolder the existing switches, solder the wires to the correct contacts, extend them as far as needed(with quick disconnects or not), put the heat shrink on the wires before you solder so you don't have to de-solder them to get the shrink on, solder the wires to the switch, and test it out. It's that simple.

The power supply can also be placed anywhere using the same procedure. You can also wire in the speaker with a voice changer and have a switch between radio and PA, but that's a whole other block of instruction for a later time.
I'm sad now
I went to push play and hit the 1 star button :(
lol now meh logs on different account and hits 5 star
fantastic tutorial, got everything I needed and I think I have an Iron Man helmet setup
THANK YOU

What's up everybody? I mentioned coming up with an idea for putting the c.b. inside the gauntlet. This is what I've got so far. It should work as long as I've got all my measurements right. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back