1st Build Halo Infinite Master Chief (3D print build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when I started my build, I learned a very important lesson... Make sure to scale stuff properly. I decided to buy Armorsmith to scale properly after I made these mistakes:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-140902_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-140902_Instagram.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220103_002745.jpg
    20220103_002745.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 224
Currently, I have the right arm printed out. My Creality Ender 3 pro and Ender 5 are currently printing out the left bicep and half of the left forearm. Due to my printers not having enough height in the Z-axis, I had to cut the forearm into 2 pieces (not really halves since it's not even.) A buddy of mine allowed me to use his CR-10 to print out the shoulders. Both are currently finished printing. I'll update again in a couple of days when the left arm finishes! =)

Attachments

• 20220117_161619.jpg
    20220117_161619.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 276
  • 20220116_131122.jpg
    20220116_131122.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 262
  • 20220117_151858.jpg
    20220117_151858.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
So, I got the lower half of the left forearm printed out. My ender 3 pro decided to be a real prick about printing it out. as I reached about 50% completion I had to give the printer some time to relax because it was having thermal runaway issues. I don't quite know what caused it, it could have something to do with my ender 5 being in the same room and also running. On top of that, there is a lot of inconsistency in the print (straight lines ended up all wavy) whereas the other forearm was perfectly fine. the other forearm was printed entirely on the ender 3 pro. maybe the gcode was bad or something, I don't really know. I'll have another update soon since the left bicep is almost done!

EDIT: There was also a smidge of lifting on one part of the base

cheers!

=)

Attachments

• 20220120_165219.jpg
    20220120_165219.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
  • 20220120_165223.jpg
    20220120_165223.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 181
  • 20220120_165250.jpg
    20220120_165250.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 178
So, I got the lower half of the left forearm printed out. My ender 3 pro decided to be a real prick about printing it out. as I reached about 50% completion I had to give the printer some time to relax because it was having thermal runaway issues. I don't quite know what caused it, it could have something to do with my ender 5 being in the same room and also running. On top of that, there is a lot of inconsistency in the print (straight lines ended up all wavy) whereas the other forearm was perfectly fine. the other forearm was printed entirely on the ender 3 pro. maybe the gcode was bad or something, I don't really know. I'll have another update soon since the left bicep is almost done!

EDIT: There was also a smidge of lifting on one part of the base

cheers!

=)
Have a look at a printing effect called "Z-banding". I haven't looked into it a whole lot myself, but the constant bumps along the Z axis indicate this could be an issue.

Have a look at a printing effect called "Z-banding". I haven't looked into it a whole lot myself, but the constant bumps along the Z axis indicate this could be an issue.
I just looked into it, I found 2 possible reasons as to why it happened: either my Z-axis is messed up in some way, or there were temperature/extrusion inconsistencies. I am going to go out on a limb and say that it was caused by the temperature inconsistencies since none of my other prints have had the problems that I had with this piece. I assume it could be that something messed up when I sliced the model in Cura.

What sets it apart from pepakura
The biggest difference between Pepakura and Armorsmith is Armorsmith allows you to create a virtual mannequin (or womannequin) of yourself based on measurements you give it. You can then import 3D models and scale them to your size. After that, you can export these scaled models to be printed, or you can unfold them (like in Pepakura) for paper or foam patterns.

Holy crap, it's been well over a month since I have done anything on the armor, and I really don't have much of an update aside from that I finally started pritning out the torso, which should take the next 3 weeks of printing. I also grabbed the Jazwares Master Chief helmet off of Gamestop's website. It'll be a while until I upload again, but since I (nearly) finished my Daft Punk helmets, my printer and project time will be completely focused on Chief.

Currently, I have the right arm printed out. My Creality Ender 3 pro and Ender 5 are currently printing out the left bicep and half of the left forearm. Due to my printers not having enough height in the Z-axis, I had to cut the forearm into 2 pieces (not really halves since it's not even.) A buddy of mine allowed me to use his CR-10 to print out the shoulders. Both are currently finished printing. I'll update again in a couple of days when the left arm finishes! =)
What software did you use to cut everything you needed to in half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back