Halo Infinite: Master Chief Armor/Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Makyr

haloinifnite.PNG

Halo Infinite Trailer was shown few hours ago at E3 and revealed master chief's new look. I personally am equally a huge fan of both Halo 2/3 and Halo 4/5 Master Chief armor designs (not counting lore bs explanations). Last year we had a glimpse of chief's suit returning to the classic mark vi design, but it was made clear that the design would change. BTS footage also showed how 343 were using the design of halo legends/ forward unto dawn master chief. In some way I expected it to look like this, and I am very happy to say the least about his design. I'm glad a spartan is now shown to be a 1000 pound unit, and chief's overall look (in my opinion) looks like a good mix between classic and modern design. He looks like a beast, but if I could still change it I would at least give the paint a darker shade, maybe make the arms slightly longer (make his arms look like he can move in it at least hahaha....) and make his shin SLIGHTLY longer. But those suggestions are just my preference.

Other than that, I would've wanted to see gameplay but I'm pretty pleased with E3, I know I've seen many are disappointed. It be a great discussion about all your thoughts about this trailer, and hopefully whats the next step to make this a costume.

P.S. Halo Infinite will be out on 2020, so just maybe the designs can still change from what it is today. Overall I'm loving the design from head to toe with just minor preference details I'd like to change. But other than the armor, what else do you guys think about the trailer and the marine. Anyone else thinking if the trailer could be an opening scene in the actual game? Or is it just for show and we actually might not even see the marine at the beginning at all hahaha. Engine Demo?

Share your thoughts! keep it civil, we a community afterall.

I was reading on Waypoint that the Pilot will be a character that is part of the story in Infinite. I am SUPER happy with the design and how it blends, just like you already said, the old with the new. I can even see some little elements of the MK IV from Halo Wars in there too. I think that this suit will be very wearable as well from the creation standpoint (yes I'm talking about those shoulders lol). I am really interested on what the enemies that came after them in the trailer are and why they are at, what I'm assuming is, the instillation from Halo CE.

It appeared to be a while after the end of 5 though (new suit and back at the rings as well as new enemy that appeared to have been in a long fight already) in the trailer and I'm excited to see where they are going with this. With the new console that utilizes SSD for RAM im super stoked to see if they take the outcry from 5 and put back in split screen while being able to apply the detailed world graphics they had in 5.

I actually love this new design. It better be final.
I agree. Looks fantastic IMO. My favorite iteration of Chief thus far.

I’m very tempted to start some drafts of this armor and start going into production...modeling this beast would be quite the adventure. I think I would need to make a nice undersuit to do it justice; that undersuit has some serious detail and dimension.

I agree. Looks fantastic IMO. My favorite iteration of Chief thus far.

I’m very tempted to start some drafts of this armor and start going into production...modeling this beast would be quite the adventure. I think I would need to make a nice undersuit to do it justice; that undersuit has some serious detail and dimension.

I'd wait to be honest. There's no guarantee this is the final design, and since the game is coming out next year, there might be heaps of changes like what they did from the halo 4 e3 teaser in comparison to the actual game.

I think I should also point out that the armor isn't a new interpretation of the Gen II mark VI but a new Gen III as seen in the trailer where it says last modified 2561

I was comparing images of the Slipsace reveal trailer and this one from today and the helmet seems to, at the very least, be the same design. I didnt notice, not that i was looking hard at all, a difference in the armor for the Halo 4 trailer and the game...

I agree, the helmet is very different in 2019 than what it was in 2018. The helmet heavily resembles the halo 3 helmet. Who knows if they will change more to the rest of his armor and that is likely to happen. However I believe they WILL keep the overall silhouette of his armor/physique, similar to what happened to chief's armor in the announcement of halo 4 where they did bring many changes but the overall gist is there.

I was reading on Waypoint that the Pilot will be a character that is part of the story in Infinite. I am SUPER happy with the design and how it blends, just like you already said, the old with the new. I can even see some little elements of the MK IV from Halo Wars in there too. I think that this suit will be very wearable as well from the creation standpoint (yes I'm talking about those shoulders lol). I am really interested on what the enemies that came after them in the trailer are and why they are at, what I'm assuming is, the instillation from Halo CE.

It appeared to be a while after the end of 5 though (new suit and back at the rings as well as new enemy that appeared to have been in a long fight already) in the trailer and I'm excited to see where they are going with this. With the new console that utilizes SSD for RAM im super stoked to see if they take the outcry from 5 and put back in split screen while being able to apply the detailed world graphics they had in 5.

I don't think it is Installation 04. I'm more inclined to believe this is the same Installation seen at the end of Halo 5, which does play into the sort of time skip we've heard about. Chief asks for a status report on the war effort (which I am sure he was apart of, before his armour went into recovery mode) and the ring is active, fragmented yes but still connected by what I think is Foreunner hardlight tech. Regardless we will know more about the story in the next year and a bit before release.

I also skimmed the armour and it appears to be a highly modified Legends model mixed with some Forward Unto Dawn but retaining the silhouette of Halo 3 (and some minor detailing from that era of armour). If a model doesn't appear in the next couple months from one of the many skilled artists here, I am going to move forward with the FUD and Legends models. At the least they are a good base for scaling

I was comparing images of the Slipsace reveal trailer and this one from today and the helmet seems to, at the very least, be the same design. I didnt notice, not that i was looking hard at all, a difference in the armor for the Halo 4 trailer and the game...

It was Blue realm studios that confirmed the difference in the armor. They had a forum on here before for a convention where they introduced the halo 4 armor but I think the image links are dead.

They were given both pre-game and post-game models over a period of two years and explained that both models were entirely different.

2011:

Halo pre 4.jpg

2012:

final prototype.jpg

C'mon Sean! Why the angry face? Xb
I love sprint, dont get me wrong. I love the halo 5 gameplay aswell. I enjoy thrust and groundpound is sometimes fun. I also agree the abilities *cough* spartan charge *cough cough* needs some balancing or heavy reworking. I understand that alot of people dont like sprint and the abilities because it isnt clasic halo, and that is what made it unique. It sounds like 343 will have both new and clasic gameplay styles for pop modes and you can chose what you want, but if the game is going to be huge open world maps like they are teasing, you better hope you arnt walking to and fro.

Also bungie did this stuff in reach and everyone was fine with it for the most part, but 343i steps In and everyone wants them to burn. I will back 343i up because they made my favorite recruit armor, and that is enough for me :)

Oh, and timmy is a thing too!
200px-H5G-Timmy&Olive.png

C'mon Sean! Why the angry face? Xb
I love sprint, dont get me wrong. I love the halo 5 gameplay aswell. I enjoy thrust and groundpound is sometimes fun. I also agree the abilities *cough* spartan charge *cough cough* needs some balancing or heavy reworking. I understand that alot of people dont like sprint and the abilities because it isnt clasic halo, and that is what made it unique. It sounds like 343 will have both new and clasic gameplay styles for pop modes and you can chose what you want, but if the game is going to be huge open world maps like they are teasing, you better hope you arnt walking to and fro.

Also bungie did this stuff in reach and everyone was fine with it for the most part, but 343i steps In and everyone wants them to burn. I will back 343i up because they made my favorite recruit armor, and that is enough for me :)

Oh, and timmy is a thing too!
View attachment 271200

Well. to be fair... Bungie only introduced it as a armor ability... And not alot of people chose it because they'd rather fly around like maniacs or destroy people d**b enough to boost into them.

xD

I'm hype but mostly because of the huge nostalgia injection it gave me. The big thing I dislike on this is giant number plastered on his chest plate. It feels too extended universe and to me doesn't fit all the previous Master Chief aesthetics. I'm also a little concerned by what looks like a lack of room in the joints but that cold be perspective messing with things. Above all else I'm excited to have a new Halo project to make.

Also where's Blue Team : (

I like the return to old style armor. A nice blend of the Halo 2/3 Armor and Forward Unto Dawn/The Package Armor, which in and of itself is very similar to the classic Mark VI already.

Very interested to see how much this trailer will tie into the actual Game's story. Pretty much every previous Halo Game's Trailer/Marketing Campaign has always misled us a little or been a little off from the actual story. Which leads me to wonder if the game will actually start with Chief floating in space, and if so how long we'll have to wait for the Extended Universe Novel or Comic to explain how he got there and where Blue Team is, and if the game will take place on or around a partially destroyed Ring.

Since Reach style customization is coming back, I hope customizing armor would look something like this. Honestly, I have a MAJOR comment coming up. The reason why halo reach and for example omega team look amazing is because even though you can customize them, they still have the same distinct presence of a spartan. Basically everyone has the same base armor with just added components on them, and IMO that makes them so believable. For example in real life such as marines or soldiers in the army, they almost always wear the same thing which gives them the uniform IDENTITY, and what makes them different are for example rolling their sleeves up or wearing pouches on their bodies at different places. But in Halo 4/5 there were many armor sets that looked too different from one another, possibly explaining why people felt it didn't belong in the game, don't get me wrong I do love some suits in halo 4/5, but just mainly the campaign armors of blue team and chief.

So yes, I can't wait to see armor customization. I wouldn't mind seeing different chest armor pieces and all, but I hope they don't stray too far away from the overall design of spartans to give them that uniform/ military look instead of a sci-fi armor tech orgy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back