Halo Infinite: Master Chief Armor/Trailer Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 271232
View attachment 271233

Since Reach style customization is coming back, I hope customizing armor would look something like this. Honestly, I have a MAJOR comment coming up. The reason why halo reach and for example omega team look amazing is because even though you can customize them, they still have the same distinct presence of a spartan. Basically everyone has the same base armor with just added components on them, and IMO that makes them so believable. For example in real life such as marines or soldiers in the army, they almost always wear the same thing which gives them the uniform IDENTITY, and what makes them different are for example rolling their sleeves up or wearing pouches on their bodies at different places. But in Halo 4/5 there were many armor sets that looked too different from one another, possibly explaining why people felt it didn't belong in the game, don't get me wrong I do love some suits in halo 4/5, but just mainly the campaign armors of blue team and chief.

So yes, I can't wait to see armor customization. I wouldn't mind seeing different chest armor pieces and all, but I hope they don't stray too far away from the overall design of spartans to give them that uniform/ military look instead of a sci-fi armor tech orgy...

343i LISTEN TO HIM!!!!!!!!

After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that based on what we know (between trailers and news), making a few minor speculations, Halo Infinite will have pre-orders, and most likely, only available as a download. In the previous two title's, Spartan Ops was arguably more popular than the campaign. With that reception, I feel its not that far of a stretch to believe people who pre-order the game will be able to take part in the exact same thing but BEFORE the 'release date', Spartan Ops giving that intro cutscene we saw context.

This fills in quite a few gaps for me, we would still have the trailer as the intro to the game because Spartan Ops would be before 'the game'. We would then establish that connection between the events of Halo 5 and Infinite, perhaps covering chief's armor change, think to that trailer with chief's cracked visor from before Halo 5 was launched.

Idk guys, a 'soft launch' just makes sense to me, and it seems to fit perfectly in the context of what has been confirmed

After I saw it in the trailer I practically fell in love with the look, as I'm a big fan of the look of the FUD armor, but I like the blend of Halo 3 with it as well. Might be more "adaptable" per se to make so far as details and versatility is concerned between those suits. I'm seriously considering making it.

As far as I know, there is someone who is currently making a 3d model of the master chief based on the infinite trailer. So far he's got the helmet and torso and it's looking good, I can't recall his name since I saw it in instagram. But I believe it will be available for 3d printing and pepakura.

As far as I know, there is someone who is currently making a 3d model of the master chief based on the infinite trailer. So far he's got the helmet and torso and it's looking good, I can't recall his name since I saw it in instagram. But I believe it will be available for 3d printing and pepakura.
Right. I've found both; the 3d print version from thingiverse I'm in the process of splitting up in CAD so I can do a test print of part of it. They're both pretty slick though.

MASTER CHONK.

Now that's out of the way, I know Soren from 405th Australia is doing a run of the Infinite MC Helmets after working with Paul Spooner. Insta here: Soren (@sporksaladcreations) • Instagram photos and videos

I don't know if he's offering the 3d files separately though.
How do I acquire one of these helmets and details about it? I'd be very interested in obtaining one (dad gave me that idea...beats the hell out of dealing with fiberglass and bondo-ing it...)

ABSOLUTE UNIT. I am excited to see this absolute beast in action. This is my first Halo game I am actually around in the fandom and such when it releases! I am excited for the release hype!

So, there were some reveals via merchandising at Toy Fair over the weekend. Here is a good gallery of the items shown off:

It can only be assumed that that the Elite, Jackal, and Grunt figure shown there are the Infinite Designs. I like the return to the more classic designs, especially for the Grunts and Jackals, I really disliked their Halo 4 and 5 style, but, I am also torn, as I get the feeling based on this merch that once again, the Covenant Species are going to be the primary enemy units in Campaign. Which really feels like it clashes with the the end of Halo 5 that set up Cortana and her army of "Created" and Forerunner as the new antagonists. Sure there were a few straggler Post-Covenant enemies on those last levels, but, the Sangheili civil war was in full swing with The Arbitier poised to win. Just strikes me as one step forward, two steps back story-wise, like, we can't ever really grow the universe and the story and have to just keep resetting back to the Covenant as the enemy in default.

So, there were some reveals via merchandising at Toy Fair over the weekend. Here is a good gallery of the items shown off:

It can only be assumed that that the Elite, Jackal, and Grunt figure shown there are the Infinite Designs. I like the return to the more classic designs, especially for the Grunts and Jackals, I really disliked their Halo 4 and 5 style, but, I am also torn, as I get the feeling based on this merch that once again, the Covenant Species are going to be the primary enemy units in Campaign. Which really feels like it clashes with the the end of Halo 5 that set up Cortana and her army of "Created" and Forerunner as the new antagonists. Sure there were a few straggler Post-Covenant enemies on those last levels, but, the Sangheili civil war was in full swing with The Arbitier poised to win. Just strikes me as one step forward, two steps back story-wise, like, we can't ever really grow the universe and the story and have to just keep resetting back to the Covenant as the enemy in default.

To be fair, some of the villains are "To be decided". It's likely that they don't have permission to reveal them yet until 343 releases more info on the game or they're waiting for the go ahead by 343.

But look at those 12" figures! I thouht they were that trashy 5 points of articulation but then i saw the extra joints.

Even the helmet has me excited. Hopefully it's not soft vinyl like the warped disguise helmet... What a mess that was.

FYI the files for this suit are now available over at Nikko Industries. XBrav was working with him to make sure it was as accurate as possible. (Also means any complaints should be directed to Bryan).
I'm so excited for this one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back