Halo Movie Back In Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
xalener said:
Did you read the fall of reach?

This actually happens... But with a jackal instead of a marine.

I wasn't questioning the validity of his statement... I was just saying that there would be no point for a curb-stomping Hunter in a Halo movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no point in anything in a Halo movie if you put it that way.

If it's put there to show how brutal Hunters can get beyond wildly flapping their sheild around, then it's relevant.

xalener said:
There's no point in anything in a Halo movie if you put it that way.

If it's put there to show how brutal Hunters can get beyond wildly flapping their sheild around, then it's relevant.

plus it was just an example. there's also the couple parts where Chief talks (more than in the game), cpt. Keyes' mental battle against the proto-gravemind, Chief's shoulder getting sliced, the ODST's fight for the butte, etc.

I'm with Ronster in all honesty - an ultra-violent Halo would be pretty unnecessary. The suggestion of a stomping could be made, though.

I wasn't suggesting it be put it was the first example i could think of (of a part of the book that wasn't in the game)

Peter Cooper said:
I'm with Ronster in all honesty - an ultra-violent Halo would be pretty unnecessary. The suggestion of a stomping could be made, though.

If it's done in the style and taste if the film, then it's necessary.

It's not up to any of us anyway, but the last thing I want is a rated PG 13 Halo.

I don't want it to be ultra violent for the sake of being violent. I want it to be ultra violent for the sake of the fact that the universe of Halo is freaking dangerous.

Having violence for the sake of violence is just as bad as avoiding violence just for the sake of avoiding it.

the only problem i have is the long scenes where walking and flying and completeing objecties that take DAYs might , let me say, make it a 2 parter :)

Imagine the awesome trailers!!!

at the end of one you see Chief turn around inside the life-boat. "Punch it!"

Beginning of the theme plays as the title fades in.

its becoming just like the Dragon Ball movie, I heard nothing but it 10 years ago when Dragon Ball was popular, but the movie wasn't made till last year and it was the worst adaptation ever made.

Grim_Killer said:
its becoming just like the Dragon Ball movie, I heard nothing but it 10 years ago when Dragon Ball was popular, but the movie wasn't made till last year and it was the worst adaptation ever made.

except i hope this one is good. BTW if they do Chief as a real actor... Chief=Steve Downes

LT. Ty said:
except i hope this one is good. BTW if they do Chief as a real actor... Chief=Steve Downes

Agreed. I don't think it's necessary to give the chief a face. Halo fans love him for his faceless-ness, and Steve Downes voice is iconic. However, if the filmakers disagree and feel the chief needs a face. my vote is with Kiefer Sutherland.

jack-bauer.jpg

Anyone who's seen him on "24" knows he can pull off the short, epic lines perfectly. And with "24" ending he needs to take his career in another direction.

I still think faceless is the way to go, but if he must have a face, sutherland could pull it off.

Not sure about Sutherland as the Chief, he could pull it off but i just dont see it. Not sure who could play the him though to be honest. I will just have to wait and see if it ever does happen

The only problem I'd have with Sutherland playing the chief is his height. I'm not sure how a 5'9" person could play a 7' super soldier.

iSUPERNOOB said:
The only problem I'd have with Sutherland playing the chief is his height. I'm not sure how a 5'9" person could play a 7' super soldier.

Ummm... Computer effects to change the sizing of Sutherland. Thats what they did for Frodo in Lord of the Rings. (Except they made the actor shorter.)

iSUPERNOOB said:

Elijah Wood is not 3 foot tall.

It's a movie, not a play.

aaaaaaaand also used computers.

THey used every trick in the book to make the hobbets small.

xalener said:
aaaaaaaand also used computers.

Very sparingly, if ever. Height adjustment like that usually isn't done in post just because it's just not practical. 9 times out of 10 the height tricks were all done in camera with either forced perspective, or shorter doubles. If computers were ever used it was mostly just to cut and paste someone's head on digitally.

Ultimately height really isn't a factor in casting because, unless Chief is a mostly CGI creation, it's just axiomatic that some 7 plus foot tall stunt guy is going to be wearing the armor for at least 90% of the film. Even if they decide to show his face they'll just paste it on, or even Benjamin Button him. Personally, I say that due to this as well of the nature of the character it really makes perfect sense to keep the helmet on and just hire Steve Downes....but unfortunately I'm not king in Hollywood.

I think the filmakers were worried that if the chief stayed faceless, the regular movie-going audience (non-Halo fans) wouldn't bond with him. The point is, if they decide to give Chief a face, no matter who they get, they'll have to fake his height. I don't know of any 7-ft tall actors who could pull 117 off. Sutherland is about the only guy I can think of I'd trust with the role, but, once again, better to go faceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back