Halo movie: if they made one, how different would it look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubachris85x

We all know how comic/cartoon to live action films look different, whether it be costume design or the sets. One thing that I have had on the back of my head for the past year is the thought of how Master Chief would look in a live action film.

I know WETA studios has done a fantastic job at keeping all the props as accurate as possible, but then again, they were directly advertising for the game. One such movie is the Rocketeer. The original comic had him wearing a more toonish, almost bullet shaped single thruster rocket, whereas, in the live action film, they changed the design entirely.

Am I the only one who would be concerned about this? I'd like to see a Spartan wearing a M6 in a film, but I'm afraid of a radical redesign of the character's appearence.

You got me thinking. But i don't think they would mess with the MK6, its part of MC and if they make a movie, Why would MC wear anything else?

Honestly, I dont think we would have to worry about WETA going with a redesign on the MK6... So long as anyone BUT Hollywood gets their hands on the rights to the film, I think we will be safe. God KNOWS Hollywood has screwed enough up when making movie adaptations... (Transformers anyone?)

You got me thinking. But i don't think they would mess with the MK6, its part of MC and if they make a movie, Why would MC wear anything else?

Personally, as much as I'd love to see Halo in movie form, I'm not keeping my hopes up at all.

As for removing Mjolnir completely: Why not? They could turn MC into a singing cook and have him single-handedly reconquer a small moon from the Covenant while making pancakes.

This actually reminds me of "Relic" with Tom Sizemore, maybe some of you know the movie. Those who also know the novel (same title) may have noticed that aside from a larger budget something else was missing: the main character. So with that in mind, I would not be surprised at all if they left Mjolnir or even MC out completely.

This actually reminds me of "Relic" with Tom Sizemore, maybe some of you know the movie. Those who also know the novel (same title) may have noticed that aside from a larger budget something else was missing: the main character. So with that in mind, I would not be surprised at all if they left Mjolnir or even MC out completely.

Oh god don't remind me!! Read the book. DIED to see the movie for the longest time. Saw the movie. Part of me died.

They didn't even come CLOSE to getting the monster right! I understand deviating from the original story due to budget and time constraints, but with Relic, they MURDERED the poor novel. :'(

This kinda reminds me of what happened with Halo Wars. The character design still looked very "Halo", but it didn't look like Bungie's take on it. I don't mind that. It's just too different artists' take on the same event, so to speak. BTW, I don't see why Halo Wars was not canon...

Things that would change:
1. MC, 50/50 he even gets in it the way things are going.
2. MK6 or 5 will mutate into some super suit beyond the variants, so they can put More action into his/her combat.
3. most likely a new voice actor, someone people know that can fill the seats.
4. Cortana would be turned into a bimbo, i swear if its Megan Fox i quit on the spot.
5. notable characters would change attitude, such as Johnson and Keys.
6. Covenant will be Over religious beyond the point we see already, or barely at all to avoid loosing viewers.
7. Bungie will be left out of a great deal of the process and 343 will take over if any bit att all it would be very small input, all Microsoft.

Things that could happen and have really happened to other movies in halo's situation.

Also just some crack pot worst case scenarios lol.

Personally, I Really know how it works and I know not to get picky with them. So Instead of hoping everything is as close to the game as possible, I kinda hope they do somthing like an ODST Movie like the shorts. I know what I would WANT to see, But at the same time I know what would happen. Right now Id like to see if anyone dose anything with it at all.

I Mean yeah I want to see 117 live for sure, But if he dosnt make it in then Im fine with putting Halo 3 into my xbox 360 and seeing him their haha

well....i think that little changes will be done for sure....but a nice film with master chief must be made...i think it will be a hit,it's a nice story after all..remember that mc's appearance in halo legends is different from mc's appearance in the game...imagine how mc would look in a halo film (wich would be a great hit...and that's my dream xD )

Things that would change:
1. MC, 50/50 he even gets in it the way things are going.
2. MK6 or 5 will mutate into some super suit beyond the variants, so they can put More action into his/her combat.
3. most likely a new voice actor, someone people know that can fill the seats.
4. Cortana would be turned into a bimbo, i swear if its Megan Fox i quit on the spot.
5. notable characters would change attitude, such as Johnson and Keys.
6. Covenant will be Over religious beyond the point we see already, or barely at all to avoid loosing viewers.
7. Bungie will be left out of a great deal of the process and 343 will take over if any bit att all it would be very small input, all Microsoft.

Things that could happen and have really happened to other movies in halo's situation.

Also just some crack pot worst case scenarios lol.

i agree with you, we must not allow hollywood to get their filthy hands on halo.:angry

Depending on an artist's perspective it could range from very different to almost identical...All artists have different ideas and viewings.

I was thinking something like what me and the rest of Halo:SIGMA project team where cooking up.....

Spartan-IVs

Technology almost on-par with what the elites have but "improved"

story takes place 9 years after the end of halo3

some elite spec-ops teams get spartan augmentation

plasma and railgun based human firearms with regular projectile weapons as well

enhanced ships

ODSTs now also have a underwater combat role included to their theater of war

Mk.VII suits and different permutations

covies are not completly destroyed

and numerous other things

Status
Not open for further replies.