Halo Movie/ Script Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who remember, The Latino Review posted an update on the Halo movie on April 1st of this year. Here is a link to the post:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive...-has-reach-4305

EL Mayimbe is known on the interwebz as a reliable source for all things related to Hollywood, and his announcement that the movie wasn't dead, coupled by the fact that it was posted on April Fools didn't jive well with me, so I decided to shoot him an email a few days ago to inquire about the validity of his post. I thought I would share a copy of this correspondence with you guys:

----- Original Message -----
To: mayimbe@latinoreview.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 12:24 PM
Subject: Halo: Fall of Reach

Hola El Mayimbe,

So...regarding your breaking news on April Fool's day...was it merde or was it the real thing? Your reply would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

-BARBARIC RAGE-

Re: Fall of Reach
Sent:Wed 5/28/08 3:25 PM
To: barbaric_rage@hotmail.com

real thing, honestly...

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be real! It was written and posted on the interwebs, all on April 1st. Those re the indicators I look for when looking for valid articles.

Yeah it is a real article. I can't wait :p

(SPOILER)http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=1(/SPOILER!)

The first script was reviewed as a Master Piece.

LukeTrocity said:
Must be real! It was written and posted on the interwebs, all on April 1st. Those re the indicators I look for when looking for valid articles.

I am just sharing an email regarding the original post. Bungie confirmed that the original (leaked) script by Alex Garland was real (yet subsequently scrapped) and that script was posted by El Mayimbe on the Latino Review. This indicates to me that El Mayimbe has sources that are relatively reliable. Then again, I may be just a wishful thinker...

LastSpartan said:

Which one was that? The Alex Garland script?

I wouldn't say it was a masterpiece, but would have been a good video game movie. It was basically Halo:CE with tacked on beginnings and random information. I thought it was good, but it wouldn't be winning any screen adaptation awards.

so is there really hope for a Halo movie!!!! im so confused idk what to believe in now.....................
But like the trailers say Beleive

TheRob said:

I wouldn't say it was a masterpiece, but would have been a good video game movie. It was basically Halo:CE with tacked on beginnings and random information. I thought it was good, but it wouldn't be winning any screen adaptation awards.

Rating:A

A Masterpiece

I don't know, I haven't read it. I don't want to know the ending ^^.

BARBARIC RAGE said:
I am just sharing an email regarding the original post. Bungie confirmed that the original (leaked) script by Alex Garland was real (yet subsequently scrapped) and that script was posted by El Mayimbe on the Latino Review. This indicates to me that El Mayimbe has sources that are relatively reliable. Then again, I may be just a wishful thinker...
I thought they actually debunked that....not confirmed it.

:Googles to be sure:

LastSpartan said:
Yeah it is a real article. I can't wait :p

(SPOILER)http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=1(/SPOILER!)

Maybe it was by critics, but I felt that it completely abandoned the back-story. They completely spaced on the whole "Only 37 SPARTAN IIs". They had, like, 50 in the beginning of the script.

"Stuart was commissioned to write SPY HUNTER, SPLINTER CELL, and GEARS OF WAR for various studios."

Did anyone else catch that?

TheRob said:

Another was written, why go through with a leaked script?

It's by the dude who wrote GI Joe...

It hasn't come out yet, so there's no way to judge...

I've been waiting for this movie for like a year.. Im glad peter jackson is taking part in the making of it! (or so says my halo magazine...)

Tater Mane said:
"Stuart was commissioned to write SPY HUNTER, SPLINTER CELL, and GEARS OF WAR for various studios."

Did anyone else catch that?

Actually, I didn't catch that.

As far as the first script by Alex Garland being a masterpiece...I read that he got paid a million bucks for it, but I wasn't thoroughly impressed with any particular aspect of it. If they are going to do a Halo movie, it would have to be Fall of Reach IMO.

As far as Bungie debunking the whole Alex Garland script thing...Joseph Staten actually confirmed it here on Bungie.net:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=6403

xalener said:
Another was written, why go through with a leaked script?

It's by the dude who wrote GI Joe...
It hasn't come out yet, so there's no way to judge...

Well the script has changed, I was judging the Alex Garland script I read months ago. Who knows what is actually going on with this project as no new information has came out since it was stopped, besides Peter Jackson saying, It'll happen.

Everything else is speculation and rumors, most not true. And Niel Bloc..Black.. The music video dude, isn't going to be given the reigns of the new picture.

all i can say is dont trust anything unless its on the official site...if they do make a Halo movie, they will be advertising like crazy...until that happens dont believe anything and dont get ur hopes up if something says 2009, best bet is at least 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back