HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im always happy to see updates. These latest pics from the structure give some hint about the scale of this entire thing, but is it possible to put EVERYTHING you have done so far in a same pic? Just to see the overview of the whole diorama, you know. :)

I was already amazed with the amount of detail you've put into this, and then I saw the garbage bag. You sir, are truly an amazing creator.

This is absolutely fantastic! So much detail put into this, i really love the time you put into it so far! makes me want to bust out my halo figures and collect them again! (and mold them!)

-Ian

Wow, can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before.
Just went through the whole thread and now have a headache due to my mind exploding again and again to the amount of tiny details on every piece.
Truly amazing, I am looking forward to seeing new updates now :)

Truth be told this thread is part of the reason I started working on my halo related projects again, very nice work!

Those trash bags are a great idea, I can't wait to see the next update.

Edit: I must ask, is there a particular tool you use to make the edges of your parts so clean? ie: 90 degree edge here ==> [____ instead of a sloppy, slanted edge ===> /_____

Wow! I've been away from this thread for so long... you've been busy while I was gone! This is absolutely incredible! It's like a tiny little trip down memory lane of my favorite game/environment :D

Hi guys !

Finnally I'm back again... :) I'm sorry for the long absence. I changed my job and my girlfriend is gone after 4 years of living together. Anyway.
I am again operational :)

I was already amazed with the amount of detail you've put into this, and then I saw the garbage bag. You sir, are truly an amazing creator.
Thank you ;) the garbage bag are very easy to make.

Wow, can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before.
Just went through the whole thread and now have a headache due to my mind exploding again and again to the amount of tiny details on every piece.
Truly amazing, I am looking forward to seeing new updates now :)
The whole thread ?! Waooh, you're brave ! The next update is here now !

Truth be told this thread is part of the reason I started working on my halo related projects again, very nice work!

Those trash bags are a great idea, I can't wait to see the next update.

Edit: I must ask, is there a particular tool you use to make the edges of your parts so clean? ie: 90 degree edge here ==> [____ instead of a sloppy, slanted edge ===> /_____
I'm happy to hear that !
When I started working with PVC, I do not always manage to cut straight. But since I use this : http://www.giss.fr/image-content/visuels/845091_800.jpg and all are well. I wedge my cutter blade and the cut is straight.

Im always happy to see updates. These latest pics from the structure give some hint about the scale of this entire thing, but is it possible to put EVERYTHING you have done so far in a same pic? Just to see the overview of the whole diorama, you know. :)
If I make a picture of everything I made, you will not have an overview of the whole diorama : only a preview of the first part of the diorama. But the photos of what you request will be here soon !

I have some new photos for you. Not much but the next update will be more attractive given that this part of the diorama is almost complete !!
The whole building is assembled. I have to take care of some details and it will be good.

This one for example: to make the joint between the different parts.
H5KM3zN.jpg

Uh9wlYj.jpg

nHcV3Dm.jpg

DrayKux.jpg

A small supply. There are some for the diorama and for my next creations.
SsMo7cR.jpg

A detail.
SkWlDsX.jpg

ZtQh4io.jpg

fzuUdME.jpg

c1DA7yr.jpg

A small trial to produce waste in the city (soda, paper ans newspaper)
0aWLfom.jpg

IUnDEhr.jpg

It is the modeling clay to bake and after it is translucent. It is for plasma shots.
uXXWpUD.jpg

A mixture : plaster, wood glue and paint !
D8kTSi7.jpg

2f8E9L8.jpg

The mixture will serve me to create concrete that was left (after the explosion) on the metal mesh of the building.
SO8dMzE.jpg

Pv6K7Cv.jpg

B4ZPgUb.jpg

New chair = better working conditions ;)
PaMCOOU.jpg

There are a few times I decided to take the HALO 4 battle rifles for diorama because I found them prettier. Big mistake ! Here are the real ones !
66faemt.jpg

DNKnalY.jpg

And the real Assault rifles too !
pOUGpbZ.jpg

Very, very small detail !
SsymxBU.jpg

wIild1Z.jpg

A small preview of what will happen in other parts of the diorama ! I'm super excited !!
2qFQuc6.jpg

vneJs73.jpg

The new warning sign !
AImvWSd.jpg

sDtZpu8.jpg

Not nice...
XwCLcfI.jpg

Ooooh better ! (it's just a test)
Cm2zfRs.jpg

That's all for now, but I come back soon for further work, I promise!

Oh by the way ! I am also behind the diorama because I had a special request of a French fan.
That's what took me time !
This is the first replica that I make : I had a hard time doing it, but I think the result is correct. The magazine is removable ! I'm about to do the casting and to make copies in resin.

s0ZRzTk.jpg

iPD9EF2.jpg

xXsdUBg.jpg

Ah, a detail-oriented man in search of perfection.. Now that, I get. I'm gonna read this thread from the beginning, now.

Though I'm not sure I agree with your BR comment. ;) Technically we don't know the BR85's date of manufacture... It could have started rolling out on Earth in 2552, maybe! Lol.

Ah, a detail-oriented man in search of perfection.. Now that, I get. I'm gonna read this thread from the beginning, now.

Though I'm not sure I agree with your BR comment. ;) Technically we don't know the BR85's date of manufacture... It could have started rolling out on Earth in 2552, maybe! Lol.
Maybe :) I'm not sure but maybe !

All of it is so awesome!! Love the pistol. Gonna be selling casts of it?
Thank you !!
Yes I will sell casts of the Magnum. I think they will be available in February 2015.

The diorama is really cool.... But that pistol is AMAZING!
It took me one month to do it, I'm happy that you like it :D

Wow. Looks great man again your detail. It is amazing.

Wow, I've been away from the forum for a long time and I remember when you started this, it is amazing the level of detail you have put into this

protype of the br55's where in contact harvest so yeah here's some back notes if you want to check for your self.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/BR55_Battle_Rifle

You put CRAZY amounts of detail into this, you sir are amazing and cant wait to see this finished!

-Ian

What dedication to return time and time again to one project that has such a depth of realism, and seeing more to be improved upon. Thank you for sharing with us, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your 3 dimensional snapshot of New Mombasa.

This is turning out sooo well! I really like all of the details you are putting into it! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back