HALO ODST Diorama - New Mombasa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The road is finished ! Here is a short video to show you the result.

The third part of the diorama is finally ready for painting !

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG

Little absence lately, a lot of work and an eye surgery have kept me busy. However I still advanced the painting of the diorama to the point of finishing the scenary of the 3rd part !

Here are the photos :

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

1581270466323.jpeg

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

And by night :)

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3412.JPG

IMG_3414.JPG

Now I have to make 2 or 3 characters, knowing that it is possible that I will add others once the diorama is completely finished.

Little absence lately, a lot of work and an eye surgery have kept me busy. However I still advanced the painting of the diorama to the point of finishing the scenary of the 3rd part !

Here are the photos :

View attachment 284595

View attachment 284596

View attachment 284597

View attachment 284598

View attachment 284599

View attachment 284600

View attachment 284601

View attachment 284602

And by night :)

View attachment 284603

View attachment 284604

View attachment 284605

View attachment 284606

Now I have to make 2 or 3 characters, knowing that it is possible that I will add others once the diorama is completely finished.
This is unbelievable how accurate this looks.

Hello Spartans !

It's time !

Today is the resumption of the HALO ODST Diorama ! I know it's been a long time, but this project is still valid !

Indeed, I made the replicas that I wanted to do for a long time (from HALO and STAR WARS : I'll show them soon) and now I am focusing on this big project. And anyway I have no more room in my workshop to store molds
1f642.png

As I said, the replica allow me to finance the diorama.

So, I start the 4th part of the diorama ! As a reminder, this diorama takes place during the events of HALO ODST, in the city of The New Mombasa. It will be composed of 12 distinct parts which, once assembled, will form a large diorama of 6'56 feet in length for 3'28 feet or 43 foot square.

We start with the base of this new part of the diorama : the wood board !
20210202_180429.jpg

With a pencil I plan the pathway of the cables, the place of the road, the one of the LED strips etc.
20210202_182023.jpg

Then I install all these elements !
20210203_141107.jpg

20210203_141815.jpg

The base for Part 4 is ready !

See you soon for the further work ;)

Good to see you back, haven`t been active for ages too:D
Looking forward to see this diorama to grow...
Thanks ;) It's good to be back on this project !

Let's go making the main element of this part : the road ! Now that I know how to do it (thanks to Part 3), the making is really very simple.

For the structure : plans drawn on AutoCAD like every others plans, homemade laser cutting in 3 mm MDF, assembly and gluing.
CIoqmXS.jpg

kd6Ud2E.jpg

KqFMgAS.jpg

For the coating : expanded PVC 1mm thick. Measurements and cut by hand.
qU4AMyc.jpg

fhhJu0T.jpg

It only remains to assemble the two parts and add the details of this road !

Last edited:
The legend returns!!
Thanks to you ! But it's too much :oops:

And we still progress a little with the making of the road's details !

As always, the details are used to create a little relief and to be screen accurate. They are first drawn on AutoCAD, then laser cut (thanks to my laser cutter, without whom it would not be possible to make these cuts by hand) and then glued where needed.
mL612qg.jpg

LBg0pFM.jpg

mEoUvaU.jpg

lndxJ7Y.jpg

KIDNEOe.jpg

Next step : a little surprise ! A surprise that took me a long time to make ...

Last edited:
This project is an absolute beauty. What sort of laser cutter do you have?
Thank you very much :)
I got the Ebay 50W CO2 chinese laser, this one :
9xkZiIT.jpg

Time for the surprise !

What would the city of The New Mombasa be without the iconic GENET ?! Nothing :D so I had to make the famous NMPD car ! It took me a long time to make it, but now it's finished !
08R9gav.jpg

JWaY6DB.jpg

8sfRMtW.jpg

J0Brp64.jpg

The car is cut into several sections because I molded it, in order to have the possibility of putting several copies in the diorama.

Oooooh you are back, man some working light up sirens I'll be dope, I'm sure you are already planning it
It is indeed a good idea and indeed it is planned ;)

You’re back! I was worried this post got necro. Loving the update man! Glad to see you never lost how awesome you make these.
I'm back ! Thank you very much :oops: I hope to surprise you a few more times !

As it is about a Police car in this 4th part, it needs a very particular detail : the flashing light !

It was quite a complicated element to make, but I managed to do what was planned. The work start with a 3D printing with the Photon Mono X.
0S2tZUv.jpg

Then I dug furrows to put LEDs and their cables.
BxsVUYR.jpg

The LEDs I am using are SMD 0805 LEDs, very small (2 x 1.2 mm).
51qMbCs.jpg

0VTykZM.jpg

And finally, I glue all the LEDs in their place.
DPSqKWs.jpg

And I'll show you the result tomorrow ! :)

I'm blown away by your work. This is some true dedication that is hard to compare.
Thanks ! Ï love making this diorama and I love HALO ODST :)

Oh you mad lad, you actually did it
Of course I did it !! ;)

And here is the result of the police GENET flashing lights !

The light panels are made of transparent resin (printed with the Anycubic Mono X), with a layer of white paint (to diffuse the light better) and then a layer of transparent red / blue paint.

And the 14 LEDs are controlled by an Arduino Nano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back