Halo Reach 3d Model/ Pep Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what more detail could be added to those files. Get a picture of the in-game air assault and circle the parts you think it's missing.

I really don't know what more detail could be added to those files. Get a picture of the in-game air assault and circle the parts you think it's missing.

Which files are you refering to?
Ok, Ive had a minute to orginize my thoughts better, and I think I am asking the wrong question... I would like one with a higher fidelity or poly count or what ever you call it. Again Im just looking for one as close as possible to the game.

Heres a bunch of Pics I took earlier, Hope they help...
Air Assualt Front
Air Assualt Right
Air Assualt Back
Air Assualt Top Front
Air Assualt Top
Air Assualt Top Ridge
Air Assualt Front Bottom

Chris

This is a misunderstanding of the pepakura stage. When you open the file and look at the lines on it, it does look like it's blocky, but that's by design. The resolution of the good AA helmets is about the same as the H4 one. But when going to unfold the model, the modeler usually tells it to ignore a certain threshold of polygons in designing the folds and cuts of the piece. They are still there if you go in and mess with the 3d model in pep designer, but they are left out in order to make the pep piece not horrible to build.

The point of pepakura is, it has to strike a balance between detail and buildability. If you went with some ridiculously high polycount model, you'd have thousands of tiny pieces, and the constantly overlapping tabs would throw off the shape to the point of being hideous. Pepakura keeps the poly count high enough that you can fix it in post to look good, but low enough that the thick 110lbs cardstock stacks well. If you look at some of the most amazing builds out there, they start with these models, and through sanding and application of bondo, they smooth it down to be even nicer looking than the in-game models.

Cereal's Chief helmet is like 40 pieces and starts out looking pretty blocky:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36171-CEREAL-S-Mk-VI-Comprehensive-WIP-**(With-Videos)**
But when it was finished it looked like this:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ive-WIP-**(With-Videos)**?p=606494#post606494

If this still isn't enough and you really want those extra boxes, you can get Pepakura Designer, un-unfold the model, and then use the zipper tool to hack it into tinier pieces, then in Settings -> Other Settings, set the threshold to 179 degrees, and you will get pretty much every ounce of detail you can squeeze out of it. I sometimes crank up the detail a little, especially on visors which some people design to be a single or two pieces which doesn't help vacuum formers like me. I'll personally go up to about 176 degrees, and then hack up the impossibly round pieces, but I don't recommend going overboard with this.

Soooooo I ain't no master of 3d modeling, but then you ain't no doctor of xenobiology, so we're even! The point being, I've got my attempt at modeling the medikit. It probably would have been easier and prettier to just rip the darn thing out of the game, but I don't know how.
The concept:
medikit000.jpg

Aaaand my model:
medikit001.jpg

Unfolding will commence shortly, expect to hear horrible piercing screams echoing from the SF Bay area as I try and unfold that hideous model.

In case one of you wants to take a stab at 3d printing it (Might want to cut off that tab from the file so it can lay flat), here's the STL:
http://wake.drmcawesome.com/images/405th/other/medikit.stl

Edit:
Aaaand here is the unfold... there were some flaws in the 3d model, and they lead to some ugly spikes in the file. Just cut them off and it should be fine, you'll know which ones I'm talking about. Any help on cleaning up the model would be appreciated:
http://wake.drmcawesome.com/images/405th/other/medikit.pdo

I'm starting work on my Halo Reach armor, which will be made out of EVA foam. The one thing that keeps hanging me up is the helmet. I want to try and get that squared out before I start work on the armor, otherwise, I'll put the armor on the back burner, and do ODST armor instead. I'm operating on a shoestring budget, and the helmet is the most expensive piece. The props are no problem. I can get my hands on a Nerf gun, repaint it and no one'll bat an eye. I'm looking to get my hands on a 3D render of the Halo Reach version of the MJOLNIR Mark V [A] helmet. I have a friend who owns a CNC machine that lives near by. If any one can help, that would be great.

Looking for a HAZOP helmet pep. I know there's one that's been floating around here, and I found it, but the file had been removed from the website. If anyone could reupload or PM me with a URL, that'd be rad. Thanks!

hello will it be possible if someone can get me the templates for the visor of Master Chief and Noble 6 if it is not too much to ask

hello, im sorry if im not supposed to put this in more then 1 thread, but im wondering if anyone can do the HALO4 EOD helmet:
n3lw.jpg

i can try to provide more reference pics if they are needed. thanks all :)

Attachments

• n3lw.jpg
    n3lw.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 200
Hello and i appologize in advanced if im asking in the wrong thread. Is there any way to mirror just the 3D model on pepakura designer?

Hello and i appologize in advanced if im asking in the wrong thread. Is there any way to mirror just the 3D model on pepakura designer?

I don't think you can only mirror the 3d model and not the 2d. I only see a button under the others tab to invert both. why what do you need help with? a pic usually helps out with us understanding what you are trying to do if one is available.

well i took a 3d model and mirrored the image but i didnt realize that the person who made it had it for the wrong side not my 3d is opposite to my 2d its not that it changes anything its just very annoying

hi everyone, i am searching for nazgul gauntlet pepakura files, from lord of the ring but i can't really find them! can someone help me?

Weapon : UNSC turret

Model Code : M247H

References - Taken from the halo wikia.
M247H_HMG_profile.png
530px-Reachturret.jpg
609px-HaloReach_-_Spartan_HMG.png

Final Notes
-------------
Make the tripod a seperate pdo file.
Less detail means easier pep.
More detail means harder pep.
It is NOT Jorge's version of the gun.
Really need this

Attachments

• 609px-HaloReach_-_Spartan_HMG.png
    609px-HaloReach_-_Spartan_HMG.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 530px-Reachturret.jpg
    530px-Reachturret.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 192
  • M247H_HMG_profile.png
    M247H_HMG_profile.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 218
Do you guys have acess to all the 3d armor models form halo reach? as well as the weapons? i've been trying to find them for machinima, as well as making my own armor

Im looking for some one who can detail the Reach ODST. there are a few really good game extracts that i would love to have game accurate detail so that i could put my 3D printer to use. thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back