Halo Reach Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're on crunch time I'd suggest something a little simpler especially since your deadline is in 3 weeks if you're going to Orlando, 6 for Philly. And I'm talking from experience when I say a rush job leads to mistakes. Or maybe for all I know you're a master builder and can get it done in a single week. I'm not trying to discourage you, by all means give it your shot and worst case scenario you'll have it for next year.

Following ,

and side note, not to hijack a thread, but what would be considered simpler Monique/anyone? I ask because I'm in no way a even well experienced builder, but was hoping to knock out something for my sons for Orlando as well, our first time. We completely ruled out Spartans ect, thought ODST might be cool but I see there is actually lot of armor. Marines seem to be slightly less and open helmets.

Following ,

and side note, not to hijack a thread, but what would be considered simpler Monique/anyone? I ask because I'm in no way a even well experienced builder, but was hoping to knock out something for my sons for Orlando as well, our first time. We completely ruled out Spartans ect, thought ODST might be cool but I see there is actually lot of armor. Marines seem to be slightly less and open helmets.

I would Say Halo CE or Halo 3 Marines or Reach Army Troopers. would be the "easiest/simplest" to knock out due.

I would Say Halo CE or Halo 3 Marines or Reach Army Troopers. would be the "easiest/simplest" to knock out due.
Basically what Cadet said, or the halo 3 pilots which is a helmet and chest piece. There's also the UNSC personnel that don't wear armor at all like Captain Lasky.

You nailed it with the Reach Troopers. Each piece can be built easily within three or four hours and many of them are optional. The only really mandatory part is the chest rig and after that it's optional helmet. shoulders, thighs and shins in different combinations.

Source: Have been looking at a lot of Reach Army Trooper references recently.

Ok so, im had to make a whole new set of armor and how would i make reach foam armor because i cant seem to find any foam versions of the armor anywhere
I feel bad because I missed the OP's question here.

In "The Armory" the Reach Armor is broken down by sets. Each set will be in a comprehensive .Zip Files that will have the Pepakura Files, the .PDO files, in both paper optimized and the foam optimized format, labeled as FOAM if they are availbile. DO note that note all armor permutations have had Foam Optimized files made for them and some sets will only have plain .PDOs, which means they are intended for Paper, but could be modified for foam if you want to do that permutation.

Since the base chest, bicep, forearm, legs, and groins are the same across all Armor sets they can be found in the "Base" Mark V Here:

And the other sets with their unique shoulders, chests, helmets, and other add ons will be found here:

See i have 6 weeks to do it its just the Armor is very complex in terms of it has alot of pieces everything else is easy to make
I'd recommend getting various sizes of foam too. I had a hard time getting detail with just the 10mm.

The best advice we can give you is do it! You have time, but it is running thin. Dont put it off and get working on it. If you are stumped on something, stop overthinking on how to do it and try some things or work on a different peice. Spend a couple hours a day on it and you will have this done in no time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back