Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good! How much work do you have left to do on this? Looks like you're really cranking out production on this build.

I just gotta build the chestplate and add some finishing touches on a few other pieces. I still gotta finish up the prosthetic arm as well. Once I get my package from Brandon, I will have to paint the helmet and install the visor. That's about it. Oh, and then make the handplates too.

I told him that I want him to be Carter since I think a Kat and Carter couple would be cute. I showed him the Reach legendary statue and told him to pick one. At first he picked Jorge, but I told him that I have not seen any models for the gun so I might not be able to make that. After looking more at him, he decided he didn't want him.

Guess who he picked instead?

Emile. XD

I think it's the skull is what him pick that. Maybe it's a guy thing. XD haha I don't know. So I will be on the hunt for the BEST models for Emile's armor so I can make that out of foam. Expect to see a WIP for that too if/when I get started on it. :p
If he REALLY wants Emile, he'll make it himself. If he wants you to make it for him, tell him you get to pick it if you have to make it.

Okay, so I have now finished the base coat of paint for the forearm. The blue is still wet since I just got done painting that.
29excz.jpg

When I get home from work, I will be doing the black wash and then that should be it for the foreram. I will then start work on the chestplate. I won't be redoing the entire thing. I will only be redoing the whole back area and the sides. I think I've got enough foam left to do it too. Although, I need LOTS more hot glue. I'm fresh out. XD

aww inspiring

Once agian i see your work halo godess, and its great.You just inspired me to finsh my own build. I was getting lazy, and losing instrest. Untill I came on the froms as saw you build.Thank you for being so awesome. I look foward to seeing how this turns out.

How do you always get your painting so clean? I always get my primary colour leaking onto black, and vice versa... tis annoying

It looks like everything is coming together nicely HG. I really like all the detail on the forearm. Oh, and it's nice to here your man wants to be a part of this with you. L3X has some very nice files for Emile. There are several others out there as well. Good luck with Kat. She's looking great!

Ya, sorry about that, my family is in the process of moving and today was really busy! Im about half way done with the unfold now. Unfortunately im super tired and need to to get some sleep. But, first thing when I get up ill finish it and post it up in my thread and send you a pm letting you know its there.

Heres what the side and back look like now.
th_Untitled3-2.png
Well also keep in mind that I can unfold models too. You could have sent me the file and I could have had it unfolded by now and could have been working on it cause I got nothing but time. :p
When either of you finish unfolding that, please let me know too! I've been considering remaking my chestpiece, and this one looks fantastic! @_@

Also, I'm loving the detail and paint on your forearm, Goddess. This is going to look stellar when you're done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, sorry about that, my family is in the process of moving and today was really busy! Im about half way done with the unfold now. Unfortunately im super tired and need to to get some sleep. But, first thing when I get up ill finish it and post it up in my thread and send you a pm letting you know its there.

Heres what the side and back look like now.
th_Untitled3-2.png
Well also keep in mind that I can unfold models too. You could have sent me the file and I could have had it unfolded by now and could have been working on it cause I got nothing but time. :p
When either of you finish unfolding that, please let me know too! I've been considering remaking my chestpiece, and this one looks fantastic! @_@

Also, I'm loving the detail and paint on your forearm, Goddess. This is going to look stellar when you're done!

...that's some crazy Inception-like quoting going on there.

Keep it up HaloGodess and good luck with the torso Asuka when you get to it!

Okay, so I have now finished the base coat of paint for the forearm. The blue is still wet since I just got done painting that.
29excz.jpg

When I get home from work, I will be doing the black wash and then that should be it for the foreram. I will then start work on the chestplate. I won't be redoing the entire thing. I will only be redoing the whole back area and the sides. I think I've got enough foam left to do it too. Although, I need LOTS more hot glue. I'm fresh out. XD

Your Foam work is Amazing! and the paint is awesome!. This is going to look epic when its done I can tell :)

Well I already have it unfolded and I also tweaked it up a bit. :) I unfolded it to work as templates for a foam build. Can't remember if you're doing foam as well. If not, the model will need to be unfolded differently. When I do the foam templates, I only do half of the file because then I can simply flip the piece over and trace it for the other side.

L3X has basically already given me permission to have the file of his I tweaked available for everyone, but I will need to send the file to him and he will upload it for everyone else to download.

Well I already have it unfolded and I also tweaked it up a bit. :) I unfolded it to work as templates for a foam build. Can't remember if you're doing foam as well. If not, the model will need to be unfolded differently. When I do the foam templates, I only do half of the file because then I can simply flip the piece over and trace it for the other side.

L3X has basically already given me permission to have the file of his I tweaked available for everyone, but I will need to send the file to him and he will upload it for everyone else to download.
I'm doing a pep build, sadly. Although after thinking about it for a little bit...I might go ahead and pep the current female torso that he has on his file thread. With the combination of me wearing under armor, and not being the thinnest of gals (5'7" and 155lbs), I might be better suited for the torso that doesn't curve in.

At some point in the future though I'll have to try a foam build with the updated torso. We'll see! ^_^

waitin to see the new chest done. see how the fit is. the wife is having problems with how wide the ummm chest area is the it is hard to get the helmet on and off. sooo waitin to see what it is you guys have come up with. can't wait.

Oh WOW!!! It feels sooo much better! The new chestplate is GREAT! :D

2ykaopf.jpg

I only have one half of the back done, but even with the one side finished, you can tell that the depth is MUCH better from before. It fits closer to my body and there is still a little bit of space, but not to where the chestplate is going to wobble all over the place.

So Calladar, I think your wife might like this new chestplate as well. :) You won't need to redo the whole thing. I actually kept the ab plate and most of the neck and front area. I redid the bottom sides and the whole back area. So far it looks and feels better on me. :D

I STILL have NOT recieved that package from Brandon yet either and that convention is in FOUR MORE DAYS!!!! D:

Gotta show this off. :p

atvm78.jpg

20upbiw.jpg

This is the lower back, center piece. I created the look by referencing the images that I have that really shows the detail of this part. I think it turned out pretty good. I had to custom create the templates to make each section and it worked. :)

that's looking pretty good

im the new guy (watching forums for a bit though) and i have to say that that is absolutesly awesome!!! ive never thought much about using foam but it seems like a really great alternative to pepakura!:)

I'm super impressed, you actually inspired me to start my own build :D I'd love to see how you turn a pep into a foam piece some time, maybe a vidjeo or something?

I really can not wait to see this thing done. :D

wowsers! i only read the first and last page of this thread and this looks like the place i should start to learn about foam armour building.

great job btw, cant wait to start checking out this whole thread

That chest does look like a much better fit. Unfortunately, I have most of mine built already and I'm to poor to through out a whole portion of my torso. :p Hopefully once I get most of it built I can edit what i have to fit good. If you don't mind could you post some pictures of the front so i could see how yours fits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back