Halo Reach Lt Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellJumper27

Jr Member
Hey all, im trying my hand at the new helmet from Reach, this is an awesome looking helmet. I have it fully peped and hopefully i can resin it tomorrow before i go into work. Its not perfect, but hopefully i can fix it up in the bondo stage.

wearing.jpg

slant.jpg

front.jpg

Hey, its looking good! Welcome to the LT club! First pep completed of that model I have seen. Hope it turns out great!! How was it to pep? just a quick suggestion, you may want to try and glue a piece of cardboard just above the visor under that brim thing, it will pull it straight, thats what I did for mine and it worked wonders :)

Brandon McClain said:
Hey, its looking good! Welcome to the LT club! First pep completed of that model I have seen. Hope it turns out great!! How was it to pep? just a quick suggestion, you may want to try and glue a piece of cardboard just above the visor under that brim thing, it will pull it straight, thats what I did for mine and it worked wonders :)

The pep went really well, all the pieces went together great. I will try the cardboard, thanks for the tip!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You bet. Thanks for the feedback on the pep. I always use cardboard to support my pep pieces on the large flat areas, like above the visor on most helms, or on areas that you want parallel. It saves you a ton of warping when it comes to the resin stage. I would just hate for you to go through all of that work pepping and have it go south when you put resin on it. It can be a total wench to try and fix. Good luck and keep it up!

I am very interested to see how this turns out! I was gonna do a MKVI set but may wait to see some Reach sets! Great work so far!

El1te

I was able to resin the helmet this afternoon, and hopefully i can get pics up soon. I am going to rondo the inside, i just have to wait until the weather permits, and i have free time (which between work and classes, may be hard to find.. :)

Ok update time, the weathr here has been sucky but yesterday and today i could get some work done. I rondoed the inside and it worked pretty nicely. Today i was able to cut out the visor section and smooth out some sections with my dremel. In the morning i have plenty to do, I have some holes to patch and bondo work to do. Every thing is coming along pretty good. I will post more tomorrow. Here are some pics

rondo.jpg

visor.jpg

Got some more work done on my helmet. And after playing the beta, i got great reference for more detail on the helmet. i have to patch some more holes now, by i should have it painted by friday night, and my visor will be coming in next week!!

Here is the inlay on the back

inlay.jpg

up.jpg

top.jpg

smooth.jpg

Here is some detail below the ear piece

detail.jpg

And on the chin

chis.jpg

Got it smoothed as best i can, and got my details cut it. I put on 2 coats of primer and 1 coat of blakc paint today, hopefully i can get the painting finished tomorrow. Also im not worried if its not 100% perfect, i am going for a worn weathered look

blacked.jpg

blside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back