Halo Reach Operator Build [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiathon13

Hello members of the 405th, I'm here to blow your mind. Alright, maybe not blow your mind, but at least make you think "Not bad man, not bad at all". I have always been a huge fan of the Reach operator helmet, and when I found a pep file for it, I just couldn't resist giving it a shot. Please, if you don't mind me asking, don't ask for the file because for the life of me, I DO NOT REMEMBER WHERE I GOT IT. Now that the small moment of anger is over, let me, myself, begin in this most likely going to be painstaking build. But let's not think that way.

My reference picture
operator.jpg

Note the smiley face on the left side of the chest; that isn't going to be included. The operator helmet that I'm making has the goggle attachment, unlike the one in the reference pic. My reference pic really is a horrible one, but I cannot find any other ones! SO, if someone would be kind enough to help me find a better pic, I would be most grateful. I hate to say it, but I don't have any progress pics. YET ;) Actually my camera just died before I could take any... but it is charging as you read! :D As soon as I can, I shall upload many photo's, for the title of the thread says pic heavy! And to that oath I shall hold!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the 405th! Most people do not like first posters that do not post pics of their build "no pics, it didn't happen" has been the motto, but I can relate to the camera problems, so, forgiven there, if you get some pics :p

I hope the helmet you have is the one from the 405th pep database, it's the best IMO. If you have reach, you could always look turn it on and just eyeball it, that never hurts ;) If you have the pep file then you don't need the ref pics until after it's assembled, and into the bondo stage.

Glad to see that there's still some people building Reach armor still. Can't wait to see some progress pics.

-Seth

Welcome to the 405th! Most people do not like first posters that do not post pics of their build "no pics, it didn't happen" has been the motto, but I can relate to the camera problems, so, forgiven there, if you get some pics :p

I hope the helmet you have is the one from the 405th pep database, it's the best IMO. If you have reach, you could always look turn it on and just eyeball it, that never hurts ;) If you have the pep file then you don't need the ref pics until after it's assembled, and into the bondo stage.

Glad to see that there's still some people building Reach armor still. Can't wait to see some progress pics.

-Seth

after i finish my ac3 build im either going to make my reach spartan or halo 3 elite

cant wait for progress, dont rush your build make it perfect

Theres a nice program called Vanity for Halo: Reach Armors. its basically an armory, showing you all the different armor pieces (aside from Helmet Attachments)

heres a pic of the operator helmet and example of an armor variation:
Vanity_634961735923125246.png

@Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales
Welcome to the 405th! Most people do not like first posters that do not post pics of their build "no pics, it didn't happen" has been the motto, but I can relate to the camera problems, so, forgiven there, if you get some pics

I hope the helmet you have is the one from the 405th pep database, it's the best IMO. If you have reach, you could always look turn it on and just eyeball it, that never hurts If you have the pep file then you don't need the ref pics until after it's assembled, and into the bondo stage.

-Seth

Thanks Seth, My bad, I had gone to take pics of the goggle attachment so far, and my camera went black, lol. But I should be getting some progress pics up tonight or tomorrow. Not much, but it's a start :) I believe I might have gotten it from *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread I like your suggestion of eyeballing it on Reach, I might just do that.

Croc co
cant wait for progress, dont rush your build make it perfect

Thanks mate, I hate when people rush their armor and make everything messy, So I'm just going with the flow :p Loving your AC3 build so far!

Runemaster117
Theres a nice program called Vanity for Halo: Reach Armors. its basically an armory, showing you all the different armor pieces (aside from Helmet Attachments)

Thank ya Rune, Vanity is great, but I needed more of a close up picture, but I suppose I don't need to worry about that now cause I'm still in pep stage! lol

I'll try to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow. (sorry for the wait)

P.S.
How do I upload pics? I know this is such a terrible and such a noob question, but that's why I am here. I looked in the FAQ, and found something, but being me, a guy who doesn't understand forums yet, I didn't understand :( My bad. So if someone could help me out that would be fantastic.

Upload to either flickr, or photobucket (I use photobucket, it's just way easy man), and after you upload there, find the "IMG" Tags that appear on the sharing option table, then copy paste, should work (if you want to test run, just preview your post ;) ). Hope that helps :)

-Seth

OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN...
My camera isn't working well, my internet is being cruddy for some reason, so I decided to use my phone, and the camera doesn't work on it now! I will get some pictures up as soon as I can, really sorry about the wait.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back