Halo Reach Source Assets [Release Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help Jasontehpwnzor.
Is there any chance of getting a pelican or Covvie drop ship.

Would it be possible to get a base model (no attachments) Halo Reach Scout helmet? I ask because none of the models I've found so far seem to be very accurate, and there somehow are no Scout models at all in the Reach section of the database any more. Also, as much as I like IroniumCostuming's JFO model, the geometry seems just a little off to me (seems a bit too rounded at the top), so if it would be possible to get a base JFO helmet as well that would be great. I have absolutely no idea at this point if anyone else has JFO models on here because aside from looking through every single thread it's virtually impossible to find one. The acronym "JFO" is too short of a term for the search function torecognize, and the full "Joint Fires Obsesrver" returns no results whatsoever. I think it was only by sheer luck of someone mentioning the Rogue helmet on someone's build thread that I found a JFO helmet being built, which led to finding Ironium's file in the first place.

And I know this wouldn't be the right place to ask, as this is a Reach thread, but where might I find a more accurate Halo 3 Rogue helmet? What's available in the database (marked: NZ-TK) again seems to have slightly off-model geometry at the top of the helmet. I think there should be a bit wider of a space between the central raised panel at the top and the triangular indentations on the sides, which would leave sufficient space for what appears to be a welded ridge (in the plastic model pictured below it the shape defines it as a whole seperate panel) which marks where the primary and secondary colors are seperated. Where the model places the indentations is right where the secondary color would come to an end, but if you look at the in-game model, there's a gap between where the secondary color ends and where the indentations are set. The database model has too narrow of a space there, which means either having to make the colored band too narrow, or butting it against the indentation, neither of which is very accurate.

MT-HALO3D.JPG

Rogue_halo_3_.jpg

I know I'm being a royal pain in the rear about this. I tend to be overly fussy about minute details that most people can ignore or not even notice at all.

I speak on behalf of ms7
Let him post the files when he wants, don't pester him, no one likes to be bothered
Just check back very so often to see if there are any updates.
Srry if I sounded bossy.

I speak on behalf of ms7
Let him post the files when he wants, don't pester him, no one likes to be bothered
Srry if I sounded bossy.

I think this post is a legitimate request. Let them post, MS7 doesn't have to fulfill their desire, but maybe someone else does eventually. Also posts like his just show there's still interest in the models.

Would it be possible to get a base model (no attachments) Halo Reach Scout helmet? I ask because none of the models I've found so far seem to be very accurate, and there somehow are no Scout models at all in the Reach section of the database any more. Also, as much as I like IroniumCostuming's JFO model, the geometry seems just a little off to me (seems a bit too rounded at the top), so if it would be possible to get a base JFO helmet as well that would be great. I have absolutely no idea at this point if anyone else has JFO models on here because aside from looking through every single thread it's virtually impossible to find one. The acronym "JFO" is too short of a term for the search function torecognize, and the full "Joint Fires Obsesrver" returns no results whatsoever. I think it was only by sheer luck of someone mentioning the Rogue helmet on someone's build thread that I found a JFO helmet being built, which led to finding Ironium's file in the first place.

And I know this wouldn't be the right place to ask, as this is a Reach thread, but where might I find a more accurate Halo 3 Rogue helmet? What's available in the database (marked: NZ-TK) again seems to have slightly off-model geometry at the top of the helmet. I think there should be a bit wider of a space between the central raised panel at the top and the triangular indentations on the sides, which would leave sufficient space for what appears to be a welded ridge (in the plastic model pictured below it the shape defines it as a whole seperate panel) which marks where the primary and secondary colors are seperated. Where the model places the indentations is right where the secondary color would come to an end, but if you look at the in-game model, there's a gap between where the secondary color ends and where the indentations are set. The database model has too narrow of a space there, which means either having to make the colored band too narrow, or butting it against the indentation, neither of which is very accurate.

image2

I know I'm being a royal pain in the rear about this. I tend to be overly fussy about minute details that most people can ignore or not even notice at all.

Yeah, the board search is a real pain in the ass, for any word less than 4 characters the search is useless. I'd suggest using google instead. just type "JFO site:405th.com" and you will get much more accurate results than with the board search.
As for your requests, PaigeMaster AKA Primal Weyland (XD) started with a set of helmets and attachements. I think the JFO and Scout is included.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/38806-Release-Halo-Reach-Assets?p=646187#post646187

I am not trying to pester, and I apologize if that's how it came across. I was merely expressing an interest in these models.

-------
RESPONSES
-------

Would it be possible to get a base model (no attachments) Halo Reach Scout helmet? I ask because none of the models I've found so far seem to be very accurate, and there somehow are no Scout models at all in the Reach section of the database any more. Also, as much as I like IroniumCostuming's JFO model, the geometry seems just a little off to me (seems a bit too rounded at the top), so if it would be possible to get a base JFO helmet as well that would be great. I have absolutely no idea at this point if anyone else has JFO models on here because aside from looking through every single thread it's virtually impossible to find one. The acronym "JFO" is too short of a term for the search function to recognize, and the full "Joint Fires Observer" returns no results whatsoever. I think it was only by sheer luck of someone mentioning the Rogue helmet on someone's build thread that I found a JFO helmet being built, which led to finding Ironium's file in the first place.

MT-HALO3D.JPG

Rogue_halo_3_.jpg

Yeah, the board search is a real pain in the ass, for any word less than 4 characters the search is useless. I'd suggest using google instead. just type "JFO site:405th.com" and you will get much more accurate results than with the board search.
As for your requests, PaigeMaster AKA Primal Weyland (XD) started with a set of helmets and attachements. I think the JFO and Scout is included.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/38806-Release-Halo-Reach-Assets?p=646187#post646187

I'll treat these quotes as the same thing here.
Scout - the files are on the Database. Yes, I've had this problem come up before.
On the URL, if it reads /folder/, which is does by default, then you need to find page 2 of the helmets. Otherwise, change the section of the URL from /folder/ to /dir/ - this will change how it displays the folder hierarchy, and will reveal your missing folders.

JFO - the searchbar is good, to a point - though RD pretty much covers it with using the site:405th.com thing on google.
Ironium's is the only 405th produced file for this one, so if you want a more accurate one, RD might have the link covered there - but the unfold is up to you

Rogue - it's really a case of accuracy vs. availability here. I'll cover this problem at the end of the post - I've probably got the files in 2010 .max format - but at the moment, can't do squat with them.

I speak on behalf of ms7
Srry if I sounded bossy.
Hate to burst your bubble, but, try not to speak on behalf of me. I speak for me - no one else. Simple reason - no-one else has the same experience/understanding as me, that I have gained from managing all these things that I do - no-one else knows whether I have the time/resources to fulfil a request or not.
Most of the time, I am quite able to assist, and in any case like to make my own replies - that way, nothing is misunderstood, or miscommunicated.
Though, as I'll explain in a bit, I am very unable to assist at the moment.

*see direct above quote
I think this post is a legitimate request. Let them post, MS7 doesn't have to fulfill their desire, but maybe someone else does eventually. Also posts like his just show there's still interest in the models.
RD is quite right, this is an entirely legitimate request.
I do not have to do all the work I do for 405th, but I still choose to do it anyway. If I cannot help, then perhaps someone else will be able to assist - but if they do not ask for help, they cannot not receive help.

However, at the moment, I cannot help in any capacity. My beloved laptop has...well...ceased to run Windows anymore - and until I get myself a new one, I am stuck running Linux. Not that Linux is a bad thing - I still have full access to all my files, I just can't run pepakura/3ds/model extractors. I only have access to what I had extracted before.
That doesn't mean I can't release things though. I spent a reasonable while re-rigging most of the vehicles, to a point where they could possibly be used for things other than pepakura - unfortunately, they are all still in 2010 .max format.
There are files other than the vehicles that I started, that perhaps could use some work as well.
If anyone wants to take up this mantle (for what could be an indefinite period until I can start work on this again), they are welcome to let me know.

CJ
Not saying I'm strongly looking at RD here for help, but I might be...

Thanks for the tip, RD. The thread was quite helpful. And thank you MS7 for the explanations. I had not seen any indication of there being a second page in the Reach helmets folder. I'll have to go back and try again. I hope you are able to resolve the ocmputer troubles quickly. Nobody likes to be without their computer in full usefulness.

Hey guys
I would like to thank everyone working hard to get this material released. I greatly appreciate what you all are doing.

I do how ever have one question.
For the ODST/MP are there any knee pads rips or were they just simply a texture? not much of a big deal i was just curious.

Anyways thanks again

MT-HALO3D.JPG

Rogue_halo_3_.jpg

It's been a while since I've been able to drop in, but I might be able to supply you with a Rouge Helmet, Zaff. I just need to ruffle through my files and pull it out, and put it up on mediafire. I'll put it up on 4shared, too, so just sit tight. File will be posted by the weekend.

That would be great, Koshima. I've been working on unfolding the J.F.O. and Scout variants, seperating the "solid" parts from the pieces that could very well be transfered onto spandex or some other stretchable fabric and used as a pattern. Sew it together and fill the result with microbeads or some other non-itchy, hyopallergenic stuffing and it should make for a suitable and fairly game-accurate neck/throat padding at the base of the helmet.

For normal use, But I tend to unfold things along the natural curves and sharps of the model so it shouldn't be too much trouble to adapt them for use as foam templates

anything new Missingspartan. How is your computer now.
Thanks everyone for these files.
How do you apply the textures for the ships, I can not seem to get them to work.
Thanks Exaldear.

It's been a while since this thread has had any new progress or contributions. So let's fix that with a couple helmets, unfoldede for pep as I don't know yet how best to unfold for foam.

First up is the Scout helmet. Something to note is several of the "decorative" pieces that aren't directly attached to the mmain helmet in the file have been moved to the empty space above the unfold, so if you want to have those pieces printed out they will have to be dragged down into the unfold pages.

Second is the JFO helmet. The caveat here is that for some reason the visor and visor trim are rather disjointed, as part of what should have been the visor was attached to the trim in the original file, and I don't have the software nor the know-how to fix that, so I left the whole bit out of the unfolded pages. For the most part I'd imagine it wouldn't be too big of a deal as all of that area would have to be cut out of the pep model at the end anyway. It would, however, be advisable to add some sort of removable support to keep the helmet from warping during the resinning stage.

Another note is that these files include the neck cushioning (which some may know was not included in the JFO helmet in the database), which I have seperated to the last pages (last 4 pages for scout, last 3 for JFO) so they don't get mixed in with the other pepped pieces. My theory is that thiese pieces could be transfered onto cloth (preferably spandex or another stretchy and semi-breathable material) and used as a sewing pattern to create an outer casing to be filled with microbeads or similar material for more accurate padding and to make it easier to put on and take off the helmets (as opposed to pepping those areas and thus making them rigid).

Please also note that while these files were unfolded by me they obviously were not modeled by me. I take no credit for the files themselves.

Great work on the JFO :) Sorry never got around to DLing it :p it is awesome and I'm DLing the scout now (yeah, I'm talking about the unfold ;) ). Has there been any progress with this (ripping models from reach. Looking for accurate pelican and heck anything I can find atm for another 'dream' project :p ).

-Seth

Thanks to MS7 I do have the other Reach helmet files, as well as the attachments, although honestly the community made helmet attachment files are rather accurate and not nearly as big a pain in the neck to unfold or work with. I've tried unfolding a few of the ripped attachment files, and not only is the geometry asymetrical from one to the other (right side HU/RS compared to the left), but even within the same piece there's little symetry.

So far, though, the Scout and JFO are the only ones I've unfolded, as they are 2 of my 3 helmets of choice in Reach, the 3rd being Grenedier, which is the next most likely unfold on my list once I get through a few other files I've bookmarked for my personal builds. Haven't had too much interest in the others yet, and I have offered to unfold the ripped files for people who were working on a specific helmet and hadn't decided on a file yet, but no takers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back