Halo Reach Vga Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy ****! I just saw this, and ...... I'm kinda speechless. I may be in love with the helm that looked like it was taken from an odst and made into a mjolinor.... that EVA with the skull suit.... Is too many types of awesome to even think about.

Aw man I need to rethink my suit for the premerie...

Outlaw-Tiger said:
so i was doing some thinking... and who here thinks that the "new guy" of that video kinda fits the description of John-117 ? if i'm not mistaken, MC was at reach around that time, wasn't he ?

I dont think it's the MC.....he has always been in charge of all the spartans (at least in the novel-Fall of Reach)

All of the spartans except 3 were on reach when the covenant attacked and just before the covenant showed up is when they got the new armor that MC wears in all the games. This armor in Reach is a prior version so the timeline could be anytime prior to that.

I think they might be using reach as a staging area early in the game and you "fly" to other systems. In fall of reach John 117 was a decorated soldier in something like 207 engagements/battles (if i remember correctly)before the covenant arrived. There is alot of meat there to use.....

The actual Fall of Reach might not take place till the end of the game.....

Not sure...just my limited 2 cents....

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan137 said:
Now, I did note one discrepancy. The SPARTAN program was under the command of the UNSC Navy, meaning that all the SPARTANs were given Naval ranks and insignias. BUT, the FNG, the number 6, was called "Lieutenant".

The navy does have lieutenants. There are two lieutenant ranks in the navy. Lieutenant (Junior Grade) and full Lieutenant. The Lt. jg. is equivalent to the army/marines first lieutenant, while the navy's full Lt. is equivalent to an army/marines captain.

rvb18 said:
any one else notice that the girl spartan is missing her arm and has a robotic one?

had you read all the comments you would have found out that yes this point has been pointed out all ready

CommanderFluffy said:
two words..... hot damn

One word

Ugly

Am I the only one who finds it looks like Quake? I didn't like it. I just watched it once, maybe I've not seen all the details. But at first look, it looked bad to me. 

And the spartans could be Spartans 1.0s

LastSpartan said:
And the spartans could be Spartans 1.0s

Not to be rude but, no they couldn't, The Spartan I's could not where power armor, as they were like Sgt. Johnson. THey just had slight augments. Therefore the point is moot. :D

Isaac said:
Not to be rude but, no they couldn't, The Spartan I's could not where power armor, as they were like Sgt. Johnson. THey just had slight augments. Therefore the point is moot. :D

And who said these armors where power armors?

To me, they just look too ODST-esque. Like it could be a special ODST team or something. 

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
The navy does have lieutenants. There are two lieutenant ranks in the navy. Lieutenant (Junior Grade) and full Lieutenant. The Lt. jg. is equivalent to the army/marines first lieutenant, while the navy's full Lt. is equivalent to an army/marines captain.

There are three, dude. Lt JG, Lt, and Lt Commander.

LastSpartan said:
And who said these armors where power armors?

To me, they just look too ODST-esque. Like it could be a special ODST team or something. 

5ZaOL.jpg

That's a big ODST.

I know it is "supposed" to be a Spartan. I'm just speculating.

As long as nothing is confirmed, why not speculate? That's the point of a discussion, right?

LastSpartan said:
I know it is "supposed" to be a Spartan. I'm just speculating.

As long as nothing is confirmed, why not speculate? That's the point of a discussion, right?

Hmm, you have a point there. Since we're speculating, maybe the LT is Sgt Forge's molecularly reconstructed zombie. haha.

Kidding aside, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find out that Bungie is going to "redefine" canon with Reach. It should be good though. It looks like they're focusing on storytelling a little more with just this little glimpse. We'll see.

the commander is Carter-259, i just happend to pause the video on his name while looking at Jeorge's armor

The girl is Kat-320

i could'nt get any visible names for the sniper and eva guys

Hey, I was looking at this picture on Halopedia and I noticed the centre Spartan is carrying a different looking rifle. Is it the one in those leaked photos? Notice in both pictures the rifle is a similar size and has a sticking up part near the end of the barrel. I still don't really think those photo's were real but just a thought...

In the trailer SIX has a diffrent looking rifle as well. Oh and Modlers get to work on new armor files NOW!

Ya if you look closely at the BR on his back, it's quite different than the one in H2 and H3 in the front. Looks very similar to the 'leaked' version.

ARCsaber987 said:
Hey, I was looking at this picture on Halopedia and I noticed the centre Spartan is carrying a different looking rifle. Is it the one in those leaked photos? Notice in both pictures the rifle is a similar size and has a sticking up part near the end of the barrel. I still don't really think those photo's were real but just a thought...

Just FYI, I pulled that link to the leaked pic. I think it's best we don't post any leaked photos up on here and it's easy enough to find them on your own if you're curious.

As far as the new BR goes, I've got some edited images for reference up here. This BR looks a whole lot like the concept BR in the Art of Halo 3 book, which is something I started working on in Solidworks a while ago ;) I'll be doing the new Sniper Rifle too once I'm done :)

Belakor said:
Just FYI, I pulled that link to the leaked pic. I think it's best we don't post any leaked photos up on here and it's easy enough to find them on your own if you're curious.

Sure, I debated about putting that link up, thanks.

I like how the Marine driving the Warthog had the Halo:CE single green eye piece.

I'm not sure if anyone will agree with me, but I think that the graphics looks better then Modern Warfare 2's graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back