Halo Release Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

kensai111

I was just curious if anyone has gotten any goodies to attend previous Gamestop (or your current game dealer) Halo releases in costume. If so what bonuses/freebies did you get for helping promote the release party?

Cheers,
Kensai

Edited for: Clarification on topic - Kensai

I'm pretty sure that goes against the whole "Making a profit off copyrighted materials". Showing up by chance is one thing, but actually being asked to come and promote stuff along with being paid for it could get you and the store/dealer in a bind with MS.

I've done lots of appearances with my Optimus Prime costume and been payed. I don't think that MS would come after you I think that they have bigger fish to fry than one little hobbies making a few bucks off a event, just don't advertise, do word of mouth works pretty good

oh and I get 100$ for a half hour parade(did 3 this summer so far) and 75$ for birthdays and then depending on any other events and were there at I calculate travel time and expense. but keep in mind people want quality and professional stuff that can also determine your pricing

23Magnum said:
I'm pretty sure that goes against the whole "Making a profit off copyrighted materials". Showing up by chance is one thing, but actually being asked to come and promote stuff along with being paid for it could get you and the store/dealer in a bind with MS.

I thought the same thing till I saw the H3 Release (our gamestop had a paid "Entertainer", which ended up being a spartan) but I was more interested if anyone got any unique goodies for their service, collectibles or promo items. If this topic is offhand please feel free to close it.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
kensai111 said:
I thought the same thing till I saw the H3 Release (our gamestop had a paid "Entertainer", which ended up being a spartan) but I was more interested if anyone got any unique goodies for their service, collectibles or promo items. If this topic is offhand please feel free to close it.

Cheers,
Kensai
You might find that the "entertainer" was from a professional company, I've often being asked "who I'm with" when trooping in my TK.

I'd be very careful about accepting any kind of payment for your appearances, especially if it's being done under the 405th name. In the 501st we're not allowed to accept payment for showing up at events and instead we get them to make a donation in our name to a charity group... I think that in some cases you can ask for compensation for travel/accommodation fees but don't quote me on that.

don't ask for money, and don't ask for compensation, it's not why we do it. If they want to pay travel expenses, etc, that's probably a good idea.

Adam said:
don't ask for money, and don't ask for compensation, it's not why we do it. If they want to pay travel expenses, etc, that's probably a good idea.

I alway thought it would be worth it to just have the payoff be holding an AR in public. ;)

I've never been payed, but I have been asked to show up, to Gamestop, in costume, for Halo 3, and a few tournaments they had.

I really wouldn't want to be payed, either.. It just doesn't seem right, we (at least, I) do this for fun.

I've never gotten anything, unless you count being the first get Halo 3.

Ive made lots of appearences, a couple of people have paid me to take a picture with them, but thats about it.... and thats just because the insisted on paying, not because I asked.

I think that you shouldn't ask to be paid but if they insist then you should either donate to the 405th, put it towards making more armour or donate it to another charity!

I've just had another idea! When I make my armour I could wear it in sponsored charity events and such in order to raise money for charities and I can keep another idea of what to do with the money a secret but it will be a gift for people of this communtiy and one day you will see ;)

I made my armor mainly for the midnight release of Halo2 at my local Gamestop..
I did it again for the midnight release of Halo3. Gamestop gave me $60 to pay for my copy of Halo3. A buddy of mine paid for my Legendary copy (I detailed his truck)

If anyone gives you crap about it, just say you're the marine from the original DOOM game. Its close enough LOL

Hrm seems the general consensus is just a few gift cards or the game. I was hoping to hear about some cool collectibles or promo items, fair enough though. Question was essentially answered but if you got anything really cool in return for your time as a spartan please feel free to add to the discussion. This wasn't intended to be a conversation on money, sorry if it came off that way.

Example: The "entertainer" at our local release got a legendary edition game and a misprint figure.

Cheers,
Kensai

Well I bought a hat with the gift cards... :\... it's pritty dirty now from working on my new helmet though... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back