Halo Wars 3 Star Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgj27284

I have looked everywhere and cannot find out how this is being done... I fancy myself a pretty damn good halo wars player but last night I ran into 2 teams of 2 that had 3 star units on everything! Flamethrowers, Hornets, Gremlins, Scorpions, everything. and not just one or two of each but every single one of them. I cannot find an explination of how you get the stars in multiplayer and have tried building different, having everything possible upgraded, even banking like $4000 and still cant see how this is done. Anyone know how this is done?

dgj27284 said:
I have looked everywhere and cannot find out how this is being done... I fancy myself a pretty damn good halo wars player but last night I ran into 2 teams of 2 that had 3 star units on everything! Flamethrowers, Hornets, Gremlins, Scorpions, everything. and not just one or two of each but every single one of them. I cannot find an explination of how you get the stars in multiplayer and have tried building different, having everything possible upgraded, even banking like $4000 and still cant see how this is done. Anyone know how this is done?

They might have used a skull, but i don't know if there is one that does that.... or maybe their uber hackers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few key ways of getting stars on a few important units. If your playing Covenant you’ll be wanting to get stars on your leader, and if your playing UNSC you’ll be wanting to get stars on your valued units or Spartans. Here’s a quick guide to give the basics…

Your stars basically come from kills (buildings and units), so to get them you’ll need to concentrate on both getting those kills, and keeping your unit alive. If you lose it, you lose all the progress you made. The speed in which your units will gain stars depends on their population size. For example, a Warthog will gain 1 star from destroying a few infantry units. A squad of Jackals will gain a star from killing just a couple of Marine squads; these are examples of the lower population units (1). However a Scarab will have to kill close enough to a whole army before it gains a Veteran star, likewise with other high population units (Vultures etc).

Starter bases: The rebel and Forerunner bases at the start of each map provide the biggest opportunities to start your kills off. If you want to have your Spartan, Leader, or unit on their way to Star level, make sure you’re taking advantage of the kills on offer. The rebel watch towers and turrets each provide a point score and count as a kill, so destroy them individually, starting with the turrets, then the rebel units, then watchtowers, then the base its self. Just one base is normally enough to gain you a star on your unit(s); it’s that simple.

Hooks: Hooks like reactors, barriers, tele-porters and mega turrets are all guarded by rebel infantry, and provide more kills for you to concentrate your unit on. Taking these areas out means more contribution towards your veterancy, even if you’re not going to use the hook its self.

AH, ah, ah, ah staying alive: It’s not good working your way to Veterancy if your just going to die within the game, keep your units alive and this will give you and your Veteran stars the edge in battle. If your playing as Covenant always recall your leader in plenty of time when attacking. If your using Spartans and the vehicle they’re in is destroyed, don’t leave them wondering around the battlefield taking fire – get them in a new vehicle as soon as possible so you don’t lose them. If you have general units with a star, place them at the back of your army, so they are out of harms way, but still doing the damage. Don’t forget to heal as you go, which will lengthen the life of your units and increase your overall game multiplier.

Remember, getting Veteran stars on units increases their attack and defense level, so having them can mean the equivalent on another 5-10 population in your force; it’s worth working towards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope that helps you a little sir

Thanks! i guess once you get say a hornet with 3 stars all your hornets will be 3 stars? i dont know how but both players had all their units 3 star and that was before they attacked us. some times when i start the game it will auto give me a 1 star flamethrower or something but its random. do the stars transfer from game to game?

Every single unit has its own kill stats, so if one hornet kills more units than the others, that hornet alone will get the stars. Also, I think the upgrades the units get also contributes in the star rating. I dunno, but I know for sure that killing other units rank up your unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back