Halo Wars 8Hour Scenario Game In Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLxBeowulf

Hello 405th,

I represent 4th Georgia Scenario paintball team and we are hosting our first annual Halo Wars 8hour scenario game on 02/27/2010 located in Perry, Ga. I would like to extend an invitation to all 405th members who would like to come and participate in this event. This will be the first of a series of Halo related scenario games this one will take place during the events of the Halo Wars RTS game. Our field consists of a 17 acre(with access to another 30acres) woodsball course (including large two story castles, helicopter crash sites, trenches, and an urban enviroment), a hyperball course, and a speedball course. We average about 150+ players for our scenario games and this one we are hoping to top the books.

If you guys and gals just want to come out and show off your costumes that would be just great, or if you want to play I've been authorized to give a discount to all 405th members (with proper identification). I'm also offering free entry fee for anyone who would like to play in costume (Does not have to be your good stuff, wouldn't want to mess mine up either...we require proper eye protection). Rental equipment and field paint is available.

If you have any questions please email me at beo_wulf2002@yahoo.com

http://thundervalleypaintball.com/

Thanks,

Beo

AH!

I WAS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

except I live way too far and I want to use my paintball assault rifle for this which probably won't be finished in time :(

this sounds like SO much fun!!

*drools*

Awesome! I unfortunately live no where near there. Is there going to be lots of video and pictures? Cause if there isnt!!!! *shakes fist* :D

Ghost147 said:
Awesome! I unfortunately live no where near there. Is there going to be lots of video and pictures? Cause if there isnt!!!! *shakes fist* :D

Oh there will be plenty of video and pictures, we hoping to have a couple of local Newpapers come and do stories...maybe TV if we can get ahold of the right people.

If you can't make this one remember it will be a yearly event around the same time every year. We picked a colder month for this event in case people wanted to wear thier costumes (Summer in Georgia wearing full gear would be a bit muggy lol). Next year the story line will advance on a little bit in the war, we are even open to fan submitted campaigns.

Hopefully by 2011's Halo event we'll have everything ready to do a full 24hour game.

Last edited by a moderator:
GruntOfAction said:
Figures I live an hour away from Perry and have no Halo Costumes to speak of.

The costume is not a requirement. If you love Halo and want to play just come on down.

Just remember that if someone gets hurt due to their armor breaking and injuring them during the paintball game, you'll be in some hefty trouble. Very few people on this site have armor that can stand up to a point-blank shot, so you might be getting a little hopeful that one lives near the scenario location. Wearing any suit is fine as long as nothing is shot at it. It's a TOTALLY different ballpark once you bring possibly injury into the mix.

Good luck with the scenario! I'd have loved to stop by for it if I didn't live one state up.

plastic parts + high velocity rounds= armor pieces breaking and stabbing you in the chest

not pretty.

got to admit this is my dream style game..THE ONE TIME I WISH I WASNT A BRIT!!!!!!!! But Ive got to agree some people are going to get upset about armour ect, but saying that i would say take your amour show it off and befor you jump into the actual fray, remove any pieces you know are going to get damaged easily, if your worried about ur helmet then remove it or if you have an original one you wer emaking whihc failed when dooing the final piece you made, tart it up a little bit then don, that when your in the fight.

If people are senisble anout the stuff they want to use then it should be fine. In the end Its your own risk if you take it...and yes if I could i most certainly would.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Just remember that if someone gets hurt due to their armor breaking and injuring them during the paintball game, you'll be in some hefty trouble. Very few people on this site have armor that can stand up to a point-blank shot, so you might be getting a little hopeful that one lives near the scenario location. Wearing any suit is fine as long as nothing is shot at it. It's a TOTALLY different ballpark once you bring possibly injury into the mix.

Good luck with the scenario! I'd have loved to stop by for it if I didn't live one state up.

Just make them sign a paper saying the paintball field cannot be held responsible.

I gotta sign that every single time I play paintball, and that's without a costume...

LastSpartan said:
Just make them sign a paper saying the paintball field cannot be held responsible.

I gotta sign that every single time I play paintball, and that's without a costume...

I don't think there is any fields where you do not sign a waiver any more lol. Any way as I originally stated about the armor it is not a requirement for play, more for show to support the eventand Halo. The offer is open for people to play in thier armor at your own risk (you know what you made and whether it is safe or not), however in regards to the eye protection an approved mask will be required (for obvious reasons...I imagine it'll be harder to cut out pepakura with no depth perception).

I'd so be there if I lived closer, sounds like it will be a great game! Maybe in the years to come I can make it down there. Good luck!

Here are some pictures of the props being made for the upcoming game. Bare with us, this is our first attempts at pep and metal armors/props.

The Brute Chieftain helm is made out of felt by my wife. The chieftain cuirass is made from a plastic drum. The brute hammer is not done, but it's made to be swung at and hit people with...the hammer section is foam. Finally the Spartan MKV custom is made from metal and ribits from another friend and me. Not accurate but best we could do with limited work space.

For those who are interested in coming, the field has since expanded to a full 80 acres. Check out my gallery for field pictures.

Well kids its the week before the game and I am scrambling to finish out some last props, the "Kid smashing safe" brute hammer is nearly done, just have to keep the 380lbs man playing the brute chieftan from cracking someone in the skull lol. My customized mk5 is nearly done made out of a combination of sheet metal,cloth, and foam. It looks like some kinda of mutant SPI/mk5 baby lol, but hey it gets the job done.

[attachment=15078:HPIM1477.JPG]

tubachris85x said:
sounds like alot of fun! Wish I could participate!

This will be a yearly event. Though we are working up a proposal to do the next installment of our "Halo Wars" at Low County Paintball down in Ludiwicki-somthing or other lol...its in south Georgia. Supposed to be a big 1000acre field and they have had games that up to 2000 people. That might be our Halo Reach scenario or something else...maybe The Cole Protocal...dunno we'll have to see, I might do a poll here and see what you 405th members would like to see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back