Halo Wars Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ph4de

Found them on Kotaku : Link

halowarsfig.jpg

medium_3017572495_480599c5ed_o.jpg

More in the link.
So far I'm really liking the look of this armor.

The spartan armor is really sweet, but I want to have a pep set of that badass marine armor instead!!

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Twisting_Neather said:
Me like dis armor. :D
Especaly the legs, they just look so cool!

Looks a bit like Iron Man's legs, to me.

Its strange, I know it's meant to be high res and all that jazz, but it still looks like the downgraded from MKIV to MKV, design-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt it supposed to be though since this is pre 1st halo? So couldnt we consider this a mk4 suit or maybe a mismash of two versions??? i dunno

turbod_MC said:
isnt it supposed to be though since this is pre 1st halo? So couldnt we consider this a mk4 suit or maybe a mismash of two versions??? i dunno
It is Mk 4 armor, and those pics are of the new mcfarlene Halo Wars figures.

design wise it looks pretty nice IMO, i dont care too much for either one of the shoulder pauldrons though.

canon-wise, I think everyones right.. it does seem to be a bit more upgraded than the mark V was. My only argument to the other side of this would be that its possible they had to downgrade a bit to incorporate the energy shields. but this probably wouldn't be the answer seeing as in FoR they mention that the mark V was just the spartan's original mark IV suits that had a larger fusion core added to it and the shielding, so the design change shouldn't have been that drastic.

Personally, I think it is to Halo 3-ish. I was hoping to be going back to the good old days of Halo CE. Oh, well, it will still be a fun game no matter what. Quick thought, maybe the company that is making Halo Wars (cannot remember the name right now) wasn't able to recreate the Halo CE type, so they just decided to do it differently.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
Personally, I think it is to Halo 3-ish. I was hoping to be going back to the good old days of Halo CE. Oh, well, it will still be a fun game no matter what. Quick thought, maybe the company that is making Halo Wars (cannot remember the name right now) wasn't able to recreate the Halo CE type, so they just decided to do it differently.

- Adulese
I just think it's because the possiblities with graphics are so much more advanced, that it would be common sense to make them look as fancy as possible. If you have better graphics, why not use them? I think they were going for blockier and bigger as the MK IV was described, but they just wanted to take advantage of the 360's graphics.

The helmet at least looks downgraded when you compare it to the H3 Mk V. Old school not so much but I guess that's how it goes.

Spartan137 said:
Looks a bit like Iron Man's legs, to me.

Its strange, I know it's meant to be high res and all that jazz, but it still looks like the downgraded from MKIV to MKV, design-wise.

It looks like a mix of Iron Man with RoboCop

MK 1 and 2 needed direct power connection and required a HUGE amount of power to run, so they wernt very viable for combat, i think the MK 3 also required to much power to work for very long on its own.

Hm, I'll check out my Fall of Reach book for the first one they used.

Brb

Edit

Hmm the book only mentions Project MJOLNIR, ah well. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back