HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding the Halo 4 Mark VII armor. The upper arm piece doesn't extend to the shoulder (referring back to your basic scaling chart) so I'm wondering what's the best way to properly scale this piece.

I have a question regarding the Halo 4 Mark VII armor. The upper arm piece doesn't extend to the shoulder (referring back to your basic scaling chart) so I'm wondering what's the best way to properly scale this piece.
That is when you want to use references. I stress this in the first comment. Study how the armor looks then measure yourself accordingly. :)

Hi actually had a quick question, If i am using 10mm foam to make the reach armor do I need to scale any differentely do to the thickness? Also all i need is the foam and plasti dip correct? Or am i getting this process wrong?

Wow, you are amazing. Thank you so much. You have no idea how helpful this is (or you might know). I am forever grateful .

I am having a rather tricky problem. If anyone has ever made a ncr ranger helmet I could use their help. The files are many different parts instead of one large part. The problem I am having is how do I scale them for my (rather large) head. I can't just put in my measurements because their are overlapping pieces and I am not sure how to rescale it for myself.

One thing I noticed is that in the measurements it doesn't specify height, width, or depth. Input wise in the program.

What do you mean it doesn't specify? When you need to change the scale in pepakura you click on "2D Menu" at the top, then select "change scale" and then select "scale factor". A new window pops up and you can clearly see that there are 3 boxes for height, width and depth. I even covered this part already in my tutorial so I am a bit confused as to what you are talking about. o_O

I am having a rather tricky problem. If anyone has ever made a ncr ranger helmet I could use their help. The files are many different parts instead of one large part. The problem I am having is how do I scale them for my (rather large) head. I can't just put in my measurements because their are overlapping pieces and I am not sure how to rescale it for myself.
Do you mind showing me the file? If I take a look at what you got going on, I can help ya figure it out. :)

What do you mean it doesn't specify? When you need to change the scale in pepakura you click on "2D Menu" at the top, then select "change scale" and then select "scale factor". A new window pops up and you can clearly see that there are 3 boxes for height, width and depth. I even covered this part already in my tutorial so I am a bit confused as to what you are talking about. o_O

Do you mind showing me the file? If I take a look at what you got going on, I can help ya figure it out. :)

The file can be found at http://www.therpf.com/f24/fallout-new-vegas-desert-helmet-pep-files-103472/ Thanks for the help.

Sorry for any confusion. I just went back and read it over and it is covered. Skimming this was not a good idea for my first time lol. Thank you again for such detail

Ive followed your guide and even used the same helmet model by the look of it. however ive put my height in (220MM but added 20MM so its 240MM height) and after printing the first page out, assembling it, i cant get my head through it.

Ive followed your guide and even used the same helmet model by the look of it. however ive put my height in (220MM but added 20MM so its 240MM height) and after printing the first page out, assembling it, i cant get my head through it.
With a lot of the helmets, you may be required to do some trimming and modifying the helmet AFTER it's hardened in order to get it on your head. However 240mm (roughly 9.5 inches) does seem a little small. try scaling it to 254mm (10 inches) and see if that's better. Remember you may want to add some foam padding in the helmet so it's more comfortable and you will wish you had the extra space. :)

What I usually do it measure ear to ear. Now, some helmets will have more neck seal area built into the model, some don't, so I'd use judgement if doing it that way. This also can allow for more air circulation once the helmet is on, which once you put a fan in there, will help keep it cool.

Attachments

• mk6scale.png
    mk6scale.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 389
Hi Niki!

First post here, looking to take on a armor project using your techniques. I'm in pepakura trying to get everything set up. I've followed the measurements guide and scaled it to what looks correct based on a few pages printed but for some weird reason i cant get the page orientation correct. no matter how I try to set the paper up it tells me my paper size is wrong but I know its correct. It splits a few pieces in half and prints them on separate sheets. I've verified the measurements from in to mm and tried going both portrait and landscape and i just cant get it right. Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it, just re arranged stuff on the pages , takes some searching but I got it!

I wish I would have found this before I started doing my Pep work on my first helmet. It was way to small and now tomorrow I will start again and hopefully get the right size this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back