Have A Question? Dont Bother With A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather stupid quoestion, but, Can normal paper pep be resined/fiberglassed?
By budget doesn't like buying the umm... whatever the thicker paper was called as in here it's 1.2 euros for 2 A4's of it >.<

Hey, I'm pretty darn new, and I was wondering both; When should I get started if I plan on going to a convention around May 20th, and How much money (roughly) would it take to make a full Spartan armored body with an ODST helmet?

Rather stupid quoestion, but, Can normal paper pep be resined/fiberglassed?
Yes but I wouldn't recommend using regular paper for pepping. Regular paper doesn't have enough heft to support its own weight and resining will probably make it worse. You can probably glue a cardboard sheet behind each piece but it's more trouble than it's worth.

Hey, I'm pretty darn new, and I was wondering both; When should I get started if I plan on going to a convention around May 20th, and How much money (roughly) would it take to make a full Spartan armored body with an ODST helmet?
It's never too early to start. For starters, read the stickies. Looks like you haven't read any of the stickies in the Noob forum. Start with this one. This will give you an idea about the cost. Then read the stickies in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section.

Hi all
After many years of medieval re-enactments and costuming i want to attempt a full set of MkVI armour. I am very experienced in general paper/card crafting so putting the pep files together is no real hardship. The one thing i seen to be having a difficult time with is scaling the various armour parts to fit me.
I have now completed my second chest harness (the first was far too big, funny how a slight miscalculation of 10mm can produce a monster) but im happy with the second.
Im now moving onto the shoulder and forearm pieces.
The shoulders seem to be pretty much correct but the forearms are giving me real problems. The wrist hole seems too small and the rear end could probably fit both my arms in them. I think my problem is the initial full figure body picture i used to work out my scaling ratios.
Does anyone have a full body picture of completed armour that I can use for scaling the individual pieces? Im currently using a cgi picture of the MkVI armour coloured silver with a blue background which i found somewhere on the site.
Any help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Fury (UK)

Does anyone have a full body picture of completed armour that I can use for scaling the individual pieces? Im currently using a cgi picture of the MkVI armour coloured silver with a blue background which i found somewhere on the site.
Will this work?

Halo3MC.jpg

thanks for the picture Ral Partha, that looks much better for scaling.
Finished the pep model for my left shin today (managed to get the scale right for that first time)

Does anybody have a full sized Mk.V-B Halo Reach armor picture? I'm making armor for someone and they want the standard N6 suit.

hey whats the rankings all about?
i see under every ones name they have some kind of a rank.
and how does a member rank up?

Does anyone know where the hi res screen shots for Halo weapons went to i cant seem to find them

ive recent started looking under the prints for the pepakura files and noticed uner the hd shins they go over 2 pages of paper, what should i do to mend them together or has someone else dont that and can explain how to do it.

Can anyone help I'm trying to make (something what i think will be simple) the TMD from Singularity and I've followed what Nintendude said and look at Juice's arc reactor pep file and I've found it but I don't know the program used to open it.

Hi, i am new to pepakura and need some help scaling my armour ive read the posts on how but when i follow them correctley (i think atleast) they go tiny and its obvious when i make it its never going to fit me because its too small so could someone help me with the scaling. If it helps im just under 5' tall so if anyone could help me see whats going wrong it would be great.

Yeah, the equation thing messed me up too. Heres a way to get it on the helmet. Get a ruler, and since your in the UK it will be metric anyways, but use centimeters, and measure about two centimeters above and below your head (hight wise), and for me, its around 29 cm. put that in as 290, since the scaler goes by millimeters. On the link I put in, you actually get a decent size for a 27 centimeter tall head (i figure it anyways,if you include padding) at about 292 millimeters. If that size will work for you you think, then open up the link, download this pep file, open it in designer, and hit control + L which will increase size 10% which winds up being about 292 millimeters. This helmet is fairly easy and looks pretty good. It just doesn't have the special parts that some of the others have. Hope this helps. http://www.4shared.com/file/iH6zm479/SmoothMKVI20_by_DF4L.html

alternate harderner?

Hey I am having trouble figuring the resin out, how many layers are paintball proof? Also I'm wondering if truck bed liner would work as a good alternate. My uncle suggested it cause its tough, and im wondering if anyone has tried it. If you have please tell me if it works or not, cause I was actually toying with the idea of making some bulletproof chief and ODST armor with my friends if that stuff is strong enough. (not that im going to be shooting at myself or others, but just because it would be BA)

i think its cause you can use tougher materials when molding. I think that red suit that aguy bought for 21 grand was molded urethane plastic and was apparently tough enough to drive a nail with. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back