Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

Dirtdives

RXO & Keeper of Con Lists
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
I've reached my limit on media storage and I can't figure out how to delete some of the unnecessary items to make room for new pictures.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Not really, it hasnt happened since. I updated and cleared my phone and it hasnt happened again. I wasnt logged in. First thread was from Adam.
Okay...well let us know if it happens again.

I've reached my limit on media storage and I can't figure out how to delete some of the unnecessary items to make room for new pictures.
Interesting! Let me look in to that!

Dirtdives

405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Thanks....I want to update my builds but..........how can I post more pics w/o using up so much storage space?

mblackwell1002

Thanks....I want to update my builds but..........how can I post more pics w/o using up so much storage space?
Dirtdives, you have to click "Upload a File" on the bottom-right of the post box. Scroll through your files to see which one you want to post. then, once the image is uploaded, you have to click either "full size" or "thumbnail" to specify image size.

Dirtdives

405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
All well and good for the new ones........what about the ones already in my albums?

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Dirtdives - Art and I talked about this earlier today and he wasn't able to find an immediate reason but he is looking in to it for you!

Dirtdives

405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Thank you FANGS. I appreciate it. Its just I can't update my builds w/ pictures......annoying.

Cadet

Executive Officer & RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Thank you FANGS. I appreciate it. Its just I can't update my builds w/ pictures......annoying.
Can you still upload pictures in your thread?

I thought uploading pictures directly in a thread was separate from uploading them in the albuns in your profile, so if you can't upload anymore to your media album, you can continue to update your build thread by uploading the pictures there..

Dirtdives

405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
The only way that I know to load pics in to my thread is via the album.......unless there is another way......one which I don't know how to.

Cadet

Executive Officer & RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
In the reply box, next to post reply is the "Upload" a file option. The image might display as large in the thread as linking to the image on your album, but it will still be in the thread, and when you or someone else clicks on it, it will display full size.

Dirtdives

405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Yeah....found that button. Thanks. Posting pics again. Thank you.....

Dirtdives

405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Still over limit on media storage.........

PerniciousDuke

RXO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
-redacted- I didn't see the second page. :/

It is weird though. I've used the "upload file" button in the posts before and there is no media in my media storage on the site. So, when you use the "upload file" button it shouldn't matter that your storage is full...

Have you considered using a separate hosting site for the time being, like photobucket? If you have a smartphone that you take the photos with, photobucket has a pretty good app, much better than their website.

Last edited:

SI3RRA 117

Still be nice to be able to delete some of your media. So you can make room for finished pics in your albums. I don't see a way to delete anything.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
I'm taking a guess at this but I think you can't delete it so that posts always have the photos they originally had. It's the problem of any forum to have really great detailed posts with all sort of broken images rendering the information pretty much useless.

As far as I know though there may be a limit on what you can put in your personal albums but I don't believe there is a limit on the photos you upload to posts. Art is definitely going to look in to all of this though so it will get sorted out.

SI3RRA 117

I'm taking a guess at this but I think you can't delete it so that posts always have the photos they originally had. It's the problem of any forum to have really great detailed posts with all sort of broken images rendering the information pretty much useless.

As far as I know though there may be a limit on what you can put in your personal albums but I don't believe there is a limit on the photos you upload to posts. Art is definitely going to look in to all of this though so it will get sorted out.
Ok that makes since,never thought of them being linked in posts. I had started loading some WIP pics into my albums but wasn't sharing them. So I guess with your media limited it sounds like best practice would be to save your albums for finished pieces and such. Then just upload your WIP pics directly in a build thread. Thanks for the clarifications.

Crimmson

Something weird, when i click my profile to log out i have to scroll down very slowly until i see the log out button if i go past it it closes immediately. On a s6 active. Love the phone.
I am running extensions on my browser total of 4 i believe. Would they interfere perhaps?

PerniciousDuke

RXO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Can we make a new button/link? It would be nice if I could quickly get to my own threads for when I am ready to post an update. I'm imagining one up top next to the "Watched Threads" and "New Posts" ... something that says maybe "My Threads" and it could be just a link the same as the one on our profile page that says Find all threads by PerniciousDuke. Right now the fastest way I know to get to my own threads involves three clicks and some scrolling.. maybe there is already a better way?