Having a problem with the site? POST HERE!

PerniciousDuke

RXO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
The site keeps logging me out between visits. When I log in, I check the box to stay signed in, but every time I come back, I'm signed out again. It never used to do this. Only for the last week or so.

Annoying.

Baz.
Hey SB, I've been having the same issue a lot lately. Sometimes it keeps me logged in though. I've noticed that it logs me out if I have multiple 405th tabs open or if I'm using my phone and a PC at the same time. Could this be causing your problem too?

Last edited:

Sandbagger

Sr Member
Clearing my cookies did not fix the issue. I have cleared them a few times now. I now have to log in every time I visit.

Cadet

Executive Officer & RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Everyone, can we keep the off topic chatter to a minimum in this thread? The more clutter there is, the more likely someone's issue will be overlooked.

Let's try to keep this thread to reporting issues or problems and suggested solutions, please.

Schankerz

tenor (2).gif

Aye sir we're pulling out now, any off topic posts from this point on will be treated as heresy of the highest order, if all members of Off the Rails could please like this post as a show of acknowledgment and we'll begin thread decontamination procedures immediately.

RandomRanger

What counts as a "post"? Is it anytime I make a comment/reply/thread, or is it restricted to creating threads?

Edit: I was a page behind, and didn't see the last 2 messages. I swear I'm not a heretic.

Last edited:

PerniciousDuke

RXO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Sandbagger you still having issues with staying signed in? Mine seemed to be throwing fits lately too. Sometimes it won't even let me log in. I cleared cookies and no change, but I did notice that Chrome doesn't give me problems. Only Firefox seems to act up.

Sandbagger

Sr Member
Sandbagger you still having issues with staying signed in? Mine seemed to be throwing fits lately too. Sometimes it won't even let me log in. I cleared cookies and no change, but I did notice that Chrome doesn't give me problems. Only Firefox seems to act up.
Yep. Still have to sign in every time. There is no check box anymore to say, "Stay signed in' either.

I'm using chrome.

Baz.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Yep. Still have to sign in every time. There is no check box anymore to say, "Stay signed in' either.

I'm using chrome.

Baz.
Geesh....well that's no good. I'll ask Art to take a closer look. If you could give me a screen shot of the sign in screen that would be helpful as well. I'm so sorry you're having these continued issues.

Asgardianhammer

Identity Officer & RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
I am finding that email notifications are taking several hours to arrive. I just had another member asking if something was wrong as they went to reset their password and it took about 3 hours for him to receive the reset notification.

Is this a setting that needs to be adjusted for how quickly these notifications are sent?

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff

I'm using chrome.

Baz.
Baz, this issue is either a cookies issue or a URL issue.

First, please be sure you are using the full and correct URL which is: Halo Costume and Prop Maker Community - 405th

Make SURE you are including the www and the https (not http).

If you are using Chrome, click the little "i" beside the URL in the address bar then click cookies. Delete ALL the cookies for this site. Close Chrome and reopen (make sure you FULLY close it and it isn't in your sytem tray). Come back to the site using the full URL listed above and login. This should give you refresh cookies and you should stay logged in.

Now... there could be another issue. If you are using some type of privacy software/ad blocker it might be keeping you from getting what you need or wiping your cookies. Do you have to login to other sites repeatedly?

Finally, there is no longer a checkbox for stay logged in because it is now automatically checked.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I am finding that email notifications are taking several hours to arrive. I just had another member asking if something was wrong as they went to reset their password and it took about 3 hours for him to receive the reset notification.

Is this a setting that needs to be adjusted for how quickly these notifications are sent?
This is a known issue we are still working to resolve.

PerniciousDuke

RXO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Art Andrews or FANGS ..... WiskTangFoxt is having a heck of a time signing in. It's saying his password is wrong even though he just reset it.

I see you mentioning the 3 hour delay so I'm going to have him try again today .