Hayabusa Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPARTAN II said:
I'll admit I've only taken a quick, cursory glance through this thread so far, but is the chest permutation available for download in the HALO wiki?
Yep, it's on the wiki now.

SPARTAN II said:
EDIT: I noticed with the work you're doing (in the Metasequoia software you're using) all of the small pink contour lines over the surface of the helmet. Are those going to end up being the actual fold lines on the real-world model, so as to maintain the roundness/smoothness of the helmet?
I think those are the splines, guide lines where other polygons are attached. The number of polygons along these lines will determine the "smoothness" of the model, I think, not the lines themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skupilkinson said:
Thanks for the juicy post Spartan II! I love it when you get an email notifying you of a reply, and then you come to read it and it actually has substance! Not just, "Looks good." or something.

I'm glad you like it, I've had this one planned for a while now. I started with the chest and then for the helmet I asked Ruze789 if he'd help me with plans of this helmet. He obliged, did n amazing job too which made the modeling easier.

I don't plan on doing the shoulders since there are already a pair of those in the WIKI. ;) That's where you can find my chest too, so when you're ready you can come back for it. ;) It is indeed intended to fit over an existing MkVI chest, thoguh it hasn't been tested on anything other than a low detail chest so far. To my knowledge anyway.

Those pink lines will indeed be the fold lines on the Pepakura version. Though some will be hidden as they won't be needed for the build. I post pics that way so that potential builders can get an idea of what they'll have to deal with to build one of my designs.

And thank YOU for the prompt response to my "juicy post", lol. Ask anyone here who knows me, and they'll tell you that when I post something, it's always something of substance. I've done the same thing with my own Mk VI progress thread even (which I understand can be kind of annoying for those who just want to see the pics), lol. I'm not much on small posts, so when I speak up on something, I speak up :p

I'm very glad to see that others are finally starting to take a stab at the Hyabusa perms. I love the look of it, but as I have no skill or experience at 3-D modelling myself (never used any of the programs some have used here for this sort of thing) I could never hope to model it myself, lol.

I am a rather artistically-inclined and creative person by nature, and have an eye for graphics work, but I'm more apt with pen-to-paper drawing, not on a computer screen.

So, I'm extremely thankful of folks like you who have the know-how to do such things, as it helps make it possible for others like myself who have the hands-on prop-building skill to bring it to life in a "real" manner. Now I'll have a couple options for putting this helmet together, one for myself and one for a friend here.

Btw, thanks for confirming on where to download this, and also where I can get a set of the shoulder plates to match. I, of course, first need to actually finish my standard Mk VI armour before I can even contemplate incorporating a permutation into it, but when I'm at that point this is going to be one of the first, heh.

As for the contour/fold lines, I thought that might be the case. From what I understand, according to the few previous attempts made here the general rule of thumb is that the Hyabusa helmet is by far one of the more complicated builds due to all of its folds. As such, I kinda expected there'd be a lot of fold lines present in your model, which makes sense if you want to retain the same "curvature" to the surface of the helmet.

Thanks again for the information, dude. I'm most definately looking forward to seeing more progress on this! :D

cool perm, someones probably beat me to it, but my favorite thing is it looks like you could just attach that when you wanted hayabusa with magnets, and then convert to the mk6 in under 3 seconds

volkov said:
cool perm, someones probably beat me to it, but my favorite thing is it looks like you could just attach that when you wanted hayabusa with magnets, and then convert to the mk6 in under 3 seconds

I don't really get what your trying to say. lol. Anyways, your getting close skip! Almost there! Oh and I dont now if you're there yet, but the part that was definately most annoying for me to model would be the part of the helmet that sticks out on the side. The problem spot was where the crown, the back of the helmet, and the vent thingy (I don't really know what else to call it meet) on the side all meet. Theres a little crevise that is supposed to go there because of the spikes on the helmet. To sum it up, I hope you have an easier time with this little part than I did. I don't know some modelers have trouble with things that others don't. It all just depends on your style of modeling I guess.

Keep pushin through and it should look awesome!

*edit

Where you at skip? We havent heard from ya in a couple a days. Just wanted to see how it was coming.

It's been a while since I posted here. Not even sure if people are interested in my lid anymore? I just wanted to announce I've finished modelling my 'Busa lid! I finally got some time over the past few days to wrap it up.

The modelling's done but not the unfolding yet. I'll do that next.

Some pics:

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

I've almost finished my personal unfold.
busaunfoldtl2.png

By smilie120 at 2008-10-16

Here's where I'm at on the helmet after a few hour's.. :)
dsc02787eh5.jpg

By smilie120, shot with W810i at 2008-10-16

Please dont ask me for the unfold. I am not distributing the file seeing as it isn't my model to give away. I merly want to show progress.

Thank you VERY much skip! :)

Very nicccce I was happy to see this model finished.
Awesome job Skip, and smilie it's lookin good so far! I'll be building this one someday too.

I love it bro!! Looks really sweet so far. ;) I take back my comment on the unfold too, it looks like it's building up a treat!

Thank you SKG. ;) I'm still working on my unfold, the copy Smilie has is me keeping a promise I made months ago. Plus his build(which looks great so far!) is a good testbuild.

Skupilkinson said:
Thank you SKG. ;) I'm still working on my unfold, the copy Smilie has is me keeping a promise I made months ago. Plus his build(which looks great so far!) is a good testbuild.

On that note...

Progress! :)

dsc02816eh7.jpg

By smilie120, shot with W810i at 2008-10-17

dsc02814zu2.jpg

dsc02815ug0.jpg

Look's a little warped in place's... Because it is! But I have a few Ideas to straigten it out. :).. Taking longer than i expected.. Still awesome though! :)

Image1.jpg

Morning guys,

Here's my unfold of my 'Busa lid. Hope it looks Ok to you all.

Now, I've been thinking about whether or not to release this as a free download or to sell copies as I do with my other work. I've decided to sell it. Abgates release is in the Wiki so for those who won't pay for my file for whatever reason then they'll have a freebie to fall back on. I just feel my work is worth a few dollars so mine will be available for a price.

I'm sorry to those who haven't got the means to pay via paypal.

The price for this is the same as my other files, but any 405th members who contact me via PM for this will get a discount. 405th members can have it for $5.00 per copy.

Now the rules:

Anyone who does buy this from me must agree to the following.

* NO SHARING WITH FRIENDS OR FELLOW MEMBERS
* NO SELLING ON BY AY MEANS IN A BID TO MAKE MONEY OFF MY WORK
* NO SELLING BUILT CARD HELMETS USING MY FILES SUCH AS A BUILDING SERVICE
* NO UPLOADING TO FILE SHARING HOSTS FOR OTHERS TO DOWNLOAD
* ONE PURCHASE MEANS ONE COPY FOR THAT BUYER

IF I FIND EVEIDENCE THAT ANY OF THESE "REQUESTS" ARE BEING VIOLATED, THEN I'LL JUST KEEP THE FILE FOR MYSELF AND WILL NOT OFFER FUTURE WORK TO THE GUILTY PARTIES

Sorry about that but I just want to be clear. I've had some members here try to obtain my "commercial" files behind my back in the past by contacting members who obtained their copies legitimately. I just don't want to see repeats. ;)

I miss this thread for a few days and now your bucket is done! Great work as always Skip. Yes I sent a PM. Why wouldn't I? Must have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back